If you were to make your own version of Sonic Origins, what new games and features would you include in it?

SpongeSonicGuy(?)

You're buttery.
Well mine would be:

New games:

• Sonic Overture
  • Sonic Before + After the Sequel
  • Sonic 4 (but made from scratch)
  • Sonic Classic & Sonic Classic 2 (by Hez)
  • SRB1 & SRB2
  • Sonic Megamix
  • Sonic 2 Advanced Edit
  • Sonic 2 Recreation (by redhotsonic)
  • Sonic Time Twisted
  • Sonic 3D Director's Cut
  • Sonic 3D in 2D
  • Sonic Mania lol
New features:
  • Like more characters or something
  • More moves for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles (It's just Sonic Megamix)
  • A bunch of modes and memes like "Tiny Mode", "GBA Mode (Think Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis Genesis)", "Kaizo Mode", etc.
  • Customising sprites for characters, Signposts, Act Start and Act Finish
  • I plan more but I need ideas so plz suggest with your posts. Thanks!
  • Also yeah I know I've been making a lot of "question" threads lately, but I ran out of ideas quick for "non-question" threads.

Lol, all these games and features for a maximum of $~50? I'd buy that in an instant!
As for what I'd want in Sonic Origins, I'd add the 30 second trial from Sonic Generations and to be able to link your speedrun.com account for time trials

Considering it's Sonic "Origins" and the point is that it's about Sonic's early adventures, I'd personally stray away from fangames and romhacks and simply just keep it official.

Games:
Sonic 1 Genesis/Mega Drive
Sonic 2 Genesis/Mega Drive
Sonic CD
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 1 SMS
Sonic 2 SMS
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic 3D Blast

Features:
Classic Mode - Allows you to play each of the games with exactly the same content and aspect ratio they used back in the day. Features a number of optional borders to use on widescreen monitors, and also a number of toggles such as screen size, pixel scaling accuracy, CRT filter options, dithering transparency filters, etc.

Anniversary Mode - Allows you to play each of the games in modern aspect ratios, as well as make use of a number of different toggle options such as what abilities Sonic has (Instashield, Drop-Dash, Spindash, etc.), CD and 3&K's OST's, which Sonic sprite to use, and whether or not the player has a limited pool of lives. Also features local/online co-op for Sonic and Tails or Knuckles and Tails. Features optional remastered OST's for Sonic 1 Genesis/Mega Drive, Sonic 2 Genesis/Megadrive, and Sonic 3&K.

Completion of Anniversary Mode as Sonic unlocks Metal Sonic as a playable character in Anniversary Mode. Completion of Anniversary Mode as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles unlocks Amy as a playable character in Anniversary Mode. Alternatively, both characters can be unlocked easily via a cheat code.

Metal Sonic features an increased jump height, cannot spindash, but damages enemies with his Peelout. Amy cannot spindash or spin attack and does not curl into a ball when she jumps, but can attack enemies with her hammer, perform a high hammer jump, and hammer springs to gain extra height. She can also destroy destructible rocks and etc. with her hammer.

Story Mode - Select a character and play through Sonic 1-3&K as Sonic, 2-3&K as Tails, or Knuckles' Story in 3&K with new animated scenes building up on the characters unique perspectives on the events that transpired in the 4 main games. Also features toggle options such as lives on/off, CD and 3&K's OST's, which Sonic sprite to use, etc. Features optional remastered OST's.

Coins - Can be obtained when lives are disabled the same way lives and continues are obtained or through mission mode/boss attack. Can be spent in the Museum, to retry Special Stages in Anniversary/Story modes, etc. Can be spent instead of continues in Anniversary/Story if lives are enabled and you run out of continues.

Museum - Allows you to spend collected coins to unlock OST's, concept art, comic book covers, animations, dev interviews, etc. to view at your leisure. Can also purchase game sets of Special Stages to replay as much as you like, and new special stage layouts to play in.

Boss Attack - Comes in several modes, each with limited lives. Separate mode lets you choose a game to go up against it's gauntlet of boss battles. Combined mode pits you up against all of the bosses from all of the games in chronological order or in order of difficulty, Random mode pits you up against a series of random bosses, Endless Mode gives you 1 life to survive as long as you can against a never ending boss gauntlet.

Speedrun Mode - Allows you to speedrun through individual acts in the various games. Based on Anniversary Mode.

Online Leaderboards - Can be toggled between local, friends, and worldwide. Allows you to compare your scores/times from Boss Attack and Speedrun Mode with those of other players in your area, friends list, and across the whole planet. Also features a replay upload feature to show off that your scores are all legit and how you obtained them. You can browse through replay data, download the replay data of others to watch, etc. Everything is bragging rights on the leaderboards, you do not actually unlock anything for securing high scores.

Mission Mode - Allows you to complete a variety of optional missions to obtain coins. Some missions require other missions to be completed or other conditions to be met to unlock them. Completing all missions unlocks Metal Sonic as an optional sprite set for Sonic in Anniversary Mode.

Well,i would firstly call this version Sonic Orgins Plus.
Now for the games:
1. Game Gear/Master System Games.Sure,we have Genesis titles and an SegaCD title,but cman,we can do it even more better!
The Game Gear games would show the new Sonic players Sonic's first games on handheld.The games would be:
Sonic 1 SMS
Sonic 2 SMS
Sonic Chaos
Sonic Triple Trouble
Tails Adventures
All of them will have the Orginal Mode,as well as Anniversery Mode,which makes them into Widescreen support and 60FPS.

2.Knuckles Chaotix.
Obviously,this would be perfect for this game as it introduced Team Chaotix,the characters we will meet in future Modern Sonic games.Same as Game Gear games,Anniversery Mode will also be here.

3. More Genesis titles
To be more exact,Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D Blast.Both need to have Anniversery Mode.

This one is kinda odd,but:
4.Sonic Arcade Games
Yes,games like Sega Sonic The Hedgehog would be a good addition.Lets be honest,there arent many Sonic Arcade machines around the world,so having this games would be neat.

5.Other Sega Genesis games from Sonic Mega Collection.

Time for characters:
Knuckles: Only thing about him is the addition to Sonic CD.

Amy: She would use her Piko-Piko hammer.

Metal Sonic: He can enter into a boost mode,which allows him to go destroy badniks and spikes with ease.He cant spindash through!

Mighty and Ray: They can be a great new way to play original Sonic 1,but without romhacks.The movesets are from Sonic Mania Plus.

Nick Arcade mode: Here,you must collect 30 rings within an time limit of 2 minutes.It will only be for Sonic 1,2,3&K,CD,Sonic 1 and 2 SMS,Sonic Chaos and Sonic Triple Trouble

Time for other smaller things:

Proper Translations for the instruction manuals

Lots of bug fixes to make sure the game is ok

Allow to connect with Speedrun.com for speedrunning

Add Sonic Origins: Speed Strats,so they players wouldnt need to exit out of the game,and then watch it on Youtube.

The animations for all of the new games i mentioned except other Sega Genesis Titles from Sonic Mega Collection.

This all could make Sonic Orgins feel way better and not be like an unfinished game with all of those down things.

honestly my ideal collection would be less of the genesis games and more focused around the dreamcast/early 2000s

(in all honesty all i want is the ability to play heroes & shadow on modern consoles instead of them being confined to gamecube/ps2/etc. but if they came with the adventure games, some extra genesis games, or even 06 i'd gladly take it)

edit: i just realized this isn't exactly what the thread was about and i apologize. forgive me for momentarily being dumb.

my actual "Sonic Origins" ideal experience would include
-what the actual Sonic Origins gave us
-as well as other genesis titles like mega collection and gems collection did
-more obscure & hard to access early sonic games such as Sonic The Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Chaos, etc.
-sega actually keeping their promise to add "new playable characters" as seen in the real game's trailer (Amy, Mighty, Ray in all games. Knuckles in sonic CD, etc.)

Last edited:
Sonic Origins mostly wasn't trying to be classic at all, so I made a list. To exactly fixed Sonic Origins

List:

Sonic 1 (MD/MS/GG)

Sonic 2 (MD/MS/GG)

Sonic Chaos (MS/GG)

Sonic Spinball (MD)

Sonic 3 (MD)

Sonic & Knuckles (MD)

Sonic Triple Trouble (MS/GG)

Sonic 3D Blast (MD)

Bonus when getting 100% on a Game:

Dr.Eggman's Bean Mean Machine (MD)

Knuckles Chaotic (32X)

Tails Adventure (GG)

Sound Test

Manuel

List of What Sonic Origins shouldn't have done:

SEGA keep there promise of "playable characters" which Amy and Metal Sonic in Sonic CD + Knuckles and Ray

Atleast having the old and original idea papers from Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gem Collection

sonic 1, 2, CD, 3 & knuckles, sonic spinball, sonic R, knuckles chaotix, sonic the fighters, tails sky patrol, tails adventure, segasonic the hedgehog , a remake of segasonic bros or sonic eraser, dr. robontik's meanbean machine, sonic pocket adventure (even thought is not a "classic" sonic game) etc, and I would add some fan games to pay tribute to the fans, such as srb2, sonic before the sequel, sonic and the fallen star, sonic utopia, and more!

And I would add some fan games to pay tribute to the fans, such as srb2, sonic before the sequel, sonic and the fallen star, sonic utopia, and more!
Well,i think that wont be a good idea. It does sound good on paper,but the actual point wont be as easy. The most problems Sega would have to deal with if they are gonna include fan games are when showing it to other video game companies.

Sega stopped making consoles around 2001,meaning that Sony,Xbox and Nintendo can make their games be on their console.However,thats an exception with fan games,especially with Nintendo since they can wipe put all of the Nintendo Fan Games. That would somewhat mean that there would be a controversy with a company that doesnt like fan game inclusions against a company that likes the work of their fans and all of the support they get from fans.

I would take a look at the Sonic timeline, and fix bugs that would otherwise break the game, but make it possible for speedrunners to complete.

Essentially, take the best Modern games of all time, and fuse them together, leaving in what worked well and ripping out what didn't.

I know this is a pipe dream but
I would have these games:
Sonic 1 (md)
Sonic CD
Sonic 2 (md)
Sonic 3 + Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)
Knuckles Chaotix
Sonic Mania

Unlockable Games would be:
Blue Spheres
New Blue Spheres
Sonic Spinball (md)
Sonic R
Sonic Drift
Sonic Drift 2
Sonic Chaos (ms)
Sonic Tipple Trouble (ms)
Sega Sonic the Hedgehog
Mean Bean Machine (md)

Added Features:
  • I would also add the stages from 8 bit Sonic 1 to Sonic 1 (md)
  • You could play as any unlockable character from any game in every game.
  • Amy, Metal Sonic, Mighty, Ray, and the Choatix. would be playable.
  • You Unlock Characters by completing the game they are from (You start with just Sonic).
    (You would be able to play as all characters in their original games by default but for example if you beat Sonic 2, Tails would be unlocked everywhere.)
  • Sonic World from Sonic Jam would be the hub.
  • All extras in Sonic Origins, the ones from Sonic Jam, and some extras from Mega Collection would be present.
  • Time Trials for all games.
  • Rings in Death Egg Zone.
  • Classic Mode would be emulation.
  • Online Competition Mode.
  • Competition Mode for all games.
  • Sonic 3 original Prototype music.
  • Limited Lives as an option in anniversary mode.
  • Modding Support.

Last edited:
I personally like the selection of games and features in Sonic Origins was really good. What was lacking was the polish that makes remasters like these worth it. So I would work on eliminating bugs and glitches, first and foremost. But if I had to choose some games to add, I would go with some of the 8-bit SMS and Game Gear spin-offs. I've always loved Triple Trouble, and I think the SMS versions of Sonic 1 and 2 were pretty interesting. And then maybe also Sonic Spinball, just as a nice little bonus.

I would have a Saturn collection, a Dreamcast collection, a Game Gear collection, and a Game Boy Advance collection. Features would be stuff like remixed music, hub worlds themed around each game, a museum mode for the history or each collection including photos, manuals, what year they released, differences between regions, ect. Do with Sonic what Capcom and Konami are doing.

• Sonic 1
  • Sonic 2
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic 3 & Bad Brain Echidna
  • Knuckles Chaotix
  • Game Gear Titles:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 8-bit
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2 8-bit
  • Sonic Chaos
  • Sonic Triple Trouble
  • Sonic Drift 1 & 2
  • Tails Sky Patrol
  • Tails Adventure
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Sonic Drift
  • Sonic Labyrinth
  • Sonic Blast & 3D Blast
  • Sega Sonic
  • Dr. Eggman's Mean Bean Machine
  • Sega Sonic Bros
  • Unused Games (Playable)
  • Sonic X-Treme
  • Sonic 16
  • Sonic Crackers
  • Unlockables
  • Sonic And Tails In Knuckles Chaotix (Unlocked by Finishing Sonic Crackers)
  • Amy In Knuckles Chaotix (Unlocked by finding Amy in Knuckles Chaotix)
  • Ray In Knuckles Chaotix (Unlocked by finishing Sega Sonic)
  • Bullet Dash (Unlocked by finishing Sonic CD)
  • Tails has an actual hyper form
  • Amy now has a hyper form
  • Super forms inspired by Pedro Araujo in Knuckles Chaotix (Sonic, Tails, Ray, and Amy included)
  • Amy for Sonic 1, 2, CD and Bad Brain Echidna (Unlocked by finishing Sonic CD)
  • Mighty for Sonic 1, 2 CD and Bad Brain Echidna (Unlocked by finishing Knuckles Chaotix)
  • Ray for Sonic 1, 2 CD and Bad Brain Echidna (Unlocked by finishing Sega Sonic only as Ray)
  • Characters
  • Sonic
  • Tails
  • Knux (CD + Punch Move)
  • Amy (Origins Moveset + Peelout)
  • Mighty (Chaotix and Mania Moveset)
  • Ray (Mania Moveset)
  • The Chaotix (Espio finally has a moveset + it goes in Chaotix too)
  • Features
  • Online (PC)
  • Multiplayer (Xbox or Play Station)
  • Partner or trio chooser (If you don't want a partner you can pick none, also you can't pick the same character)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back