If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TimberWolf said:
And do you REALLY think that Sonic would've survived as rainbows and 2D? If so, you need to learn more about games.

Mario’s best game’s have been 3D, even today. Mario stayed alive, didn’t he. I do like the 3D ones, but not in the direction Sega is taking it, after SA2B it was all downhill.

Shuffle said:
I'm 17, I'd like Sonic to not be realistic and serious. :/

Ditto I’m 16, and I like Sonic on Mobius Prime, wouldn’t have it any other way.

TimberWolf said:
Shuffle said:
I'm 17, I'd like Sonic to not be realistic and serious. :/
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if they stayed as a kids game, you'd be saying the exact opposite.

No, I wouldn’t be thinking the opposite. Also, it’s not a kids game. A kids game is generally a game where an older kid can beat the levels in two seconds and it’s as boring as anything. It’s just not a game with inappropriate behavior or language.

TimberWolf said:
I still think it's better that it's getting mroe serious. It started with SA1, really, when Chaos flooded Station Square. It's obvious that hundreds of men, women adn children drowned.

I like how Sonic is serious about saving Mobius Prime. It was cool how the square got flooded, but all those people didn’t need to die.

TimberWolf said:
And then SA2 shows the ARK incident, Prison Island exploding and Shadow's "death".

Shadow was just carrying on the seriousness, and it's cool to have characters die sometimes. As well, SEGA and ST knew that Shadow wasn't a SONIC game but a SHADOW game, adn they knew that people considered Shadow bad-ass in SA2, so they researched bad-ass video game characters and what did they find? That bad-ass video game characters nowadays USE GUNS AND VEHICLES.

Yeah, and why on Earth does Shadow need any of those things? He’s got Chaos control, homing attack, and on top of all that; it’s not Sonic Series style. Would you ever expect to see Sonic whip out a gun? No! He uses homing attack, and his speed. He’s faster than any car anyway, and so is Shadow.

TimberWolf said:
As well, Shadow got a huuuuuuuuuge fanbase after SA2 that wanted Shadow back, and they didn't kill Shadow in the first place. Hence, Shadow's return. Along with a new plot point.

Shadow’s death was heart felt, and they just brought him back with no explanation. Oh look, there he is in a container. Well how’d he get there!? Also, it seems Sega never went anywhere with his story after that, what was with all those Shadows in containers? Also, Sega turned Eggman evil again, he turned good in SA2B. Why ruin it?

TimberWolf said:
SEGA listens to their Sonic fans.

Don’t make me laugh. Did they change the voice actors back? thousands of people have petitioned to get the original voice actors back. Did they listen? No. Also, fans want Sonic and the Sonic Series back to the way it was, even if it had to go back to 2D. And Sega just keeps changing Sonic Series for the worse, ignoring the majority of their fans completely. Instead of gaining new fans with this new approach, they’re losing fans. Before you say something like, “More fans want it to change,” in case you haven’t noticed everyone this site, except like, two, wants Sonic and The Sonic Series back to the way they were, and 99% us here think Sonic I awesome, and are devoted to the Sonic Series.

tails92 said:
As Shuffle said, all SEGA is doing is destroying Sonic.
They somewhat want Sonic to become more `adult`, demonstrated by the fact that they have made Sonic `taller` in Sonic 2k6. BS, I say.
Sonic was never meant to be adult or serious.
A game isn't fun because it is `adult` it's fun because it's fun.
We don't need adult-ish in Sonic. We really don't.
Who needs that Princess Elise? She's just useless, I bet they just included her for 'perv'-factor. They're trying to get more audience, and they fail miserably.
Maybe SEGA wants Sonic to go somewhat the way Conker went at the end?
It's unlikely to happen, but seeing what they are doing lately, it's a possibility.
I also bet that one of the reasons why Naka left was because Sonic Team wasn't capable of doing anything right anymore, look at what they have done with Sonic 1 while porting it to the GBA.
Voted the first option, anyway.

Yes, I especially agree with you on Princess Elise. What was Sega thinking when they put a human character into the storyline like that!? I mean, there are humans on Mobius Prime, and it’d be fine if Sonic had to save Princess Elise, (providing the storyline was still good) then it would be fine. But no, they make Sonic fall in love with her! Sonic would never do that, never.

Sonic needs to go back to his roots with an innovative (but still attached to the roots) intervention from the bad, crappy titles so far and make a 2-D (with 3-d backgrounds, that should be the only 3-D in my opinion) style once again.
A Sonic game with a simple, yet enjoyable storyline that's actually good.
Either that or something close to it, or Sonic is really screwed.
But back on the topic, Timberwolf, I've only (and ONLY) played the demo, and even then, I had bad feelings this game was gonna get some pretty bad ratings.

TimberWolf said:
[
Exlain how they ruined it. And saying that it's because it's a Shadow game, because of the weapons and vehicles, because of the aliens or because it has "glitches", "bad camera angles" and "cheap deaths", you point is void.
What? All of those points valid. Would you REALLY want to play a game that's so god damn glitchy that you CAN'T play it? I'd say the pointless weapons is also a valid point, why are you trying to throw out any point one can make before he even makes it?

TimberWolf, are you actually trying to stand up for Sonic Team's bumbles in trying to make Sonic mature, if you are, shame on you.
Sonic Team ruined Sonic because they can't even make a decent game anymore, plain and simple.
Random bugs and glitches, controls are terrible, most stories in recent Sonic games (except Rush) are pure rubbish, Sega dissing major fans of the series by getting rid of the original voice over group, then hiring other actors that most fans highly disliked, even when the fans signed petitions (thousands of fans did) and yet Sega still denied the rehiring of the previous voice actor cast?
And yet you say that Sonic Team is doing Sonic a favor?
Sounds like you're a fanboy that's in denial of the blunders of Sonic and Sega thus far.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
Sounds like you're a fanboy that's in denial of the blunders of Sonic thus far.
QFT. It sounds like you don't care what the game plays like, as long as it is Sonic.

Wow, I have alot of typos in my post, think I'll edit that.
Anyway, Shuffle, did you mean me, or Timber?
And I apologize for that embarrassing post. -_-

*Edit* Honestly, I just got the Sonic Advance/Rush titles for the gameplay, it was close to the original as I was gonna get (on a handheld title.)
But yes, I should have included that Sonic Advance 3 had a terrible storyline (as well as 2.)
Don't forget Sonic Battle, that tied in a storyline all of it's own to the original SA2 storyline, which was kinda lacking in my opinion.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
most stories in recent Sonic games (except Rush) are pure rubbish
If you're going to complain about the stories in Sonic games, a pretty good ground rule you may want to lay first is to avoid praising the Advance/Rush titles for their deep and well fleshed-out plots.

Ashovare said:
TimberWolf said:
I still think it's better that it's getting mroe serious. It started with SA1, really, when Chaos flooded Station Square. It's obvious that hundreds of men, women adn children drowned.

I like how Sonic is serious about saving Earth. It was cool how Station Square got flooded, but I'm too stupid to realize that no matter what people would end up dieing.
Fix'd that point.

Ashovare said:
TimberWolf said:
And then SA2 shows the ARK incident, Prison Island exploding and Shadow's "death".

Shadow was just carrying on the seriousness, and it's cool to have characters die sometimes. As well, SEGA and ST knew that Shadow wasn't a SONIC game but a SHADOW game, adn they knew that people considered Shadow bad-ass in SA2, so they researched bad-ass video game characters and what did they find? That bad-ass video game characters nowadays USE GUNS AND VEHICLES.

Yeah, and why on Earth does Shadow need any of those things? He’s got Chaos control, homing attack, and on top of all that; it’s not Sonic Series style. Would you ever expect to see Sonic whip out a gun? No! He uses homing attack, and his speed. He’s faster than any car anyway, and so is Shadow.
Obviously you didn't acknowledge the fact that I presented. People consider Shadow a badass character, SEGA does research on badass characters and what do they find? That the current badass characters use
weapons and vehicles.
Ashovare said:
TimberWolf said:
As well, Shadow got a huuuuuuuuuge fanbase after SA2 that wanted Shadow back, and they didn't kill Shadow in the first place. Hence, Shadow's return. Along with a new plot point.

Shadow’s death was heart felt, and they just brought him back with no explanation. Oh look, there he is in a container. Well how’d he get there!? Also, it seems Sega never went anywhere with his story after that, what was with all those Shadows in containers? Also, Sega turned Eggman evil again, he turned good in SA2B. Why ruin it?
Shadow. Never. Died. Go play Sonic 2, SOnic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles and get to the end. As well, play Sonic Rush and get to the last level. And get the Sonic Advance series and unlock the special ending. You'll see what I mean.

The Shadow Androids are explained in Shadow the Hedgehog. I have the game, I know. You have to fucking FIGHT some of them.

Ashovare said:
TimberWolf said:
SEGA listens to their Sonic fans.

Don’t make me laugh. Did they change the voice actors back? thousands of people have petitioned to get the original voice actors back. Did they listen? No. Also, fans want Sonic and the Sonic Series back to the way it was, even if it had to go back to 2D. And Sega just keeps changing Sonic Series for the worse, ignoring the majority of their fans completely. Instead of gaining new fans with this new approach, they’re losing fans. Before you say something like, “More fans want it to change,” in case you haven’t noticed everyone this site, except like, two, wants Sonic and The Sonic Series back to the way they were, and 99% us here think Sonic I awesome, and are devoted to the Sonic Series.
So you want SOnic to return to 2D, where it will thus die ou? You WANT Sonic to die? I guess that I'm the only true Sonic fan. I KNOW that Sonic would've died out long ago if it hadn't EVOLVED WITH THE GAMING INDUSTRY.

As well, SEGA did that to tie in with Sonic X, and it's TOO LATE TO GET THE ORIGIONAL VOICE ACTORS BACK.

I don't want to have to rant on, but let me just state: QUite obviously nobody here is a Sonic fan if they want the series to've died out years ago due to SEGA and Sonic Team not evolving with the VG industry.

Call me a fanboy all you want, you're the one that wants Sonic dead.

TimberWolf, stop speweing random crap out of your mouth.
maybe Sonic going back to 2-D is what he needs.
Obviously his leap to 3-D was not a good one (and you know it) and yet you still claim that these failures from Sonic Team are saving Sonic?
Bullcrap. Just random bullcrap, that you are spweing out of your mouth, just to win an argument.
So this has what happened to fanboys that ignore the fact that Sonic Team screwed, (and soon to be killed) Sonic over.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
TimberWolf, stop speweing random crap out of your mouth.
maybe Sonic going back to 2-D is what he needs.
Obviously his leap to 3-D was not a good one (and you know it) and yet you still claim that these failures from Sonic Team are saving Sonic?
Bullcrap. Just random bullcrap, that you are spweing out of your mouth, just to win an argument.
So this has what happened to fanboys that ignore the fact that Sonic Team screwed, (and soon to be killed) Sonic over.
So you WANT Sonic to be dead and buried? So you AREN'T a Sonic fan? I started with Sonic 2, and when I played Sonic R I compared the 2. If SEGA had stayed with 2D as with Sonic 2, Sonic R would've never appeared because you CAN'T HAVE A RACING GAME IN 2D.

SEGA and ST went to 3D to keep Sonic alive. The ONLY reason that Sonic is dieing is because of reviewers giving the games bad scores because they can't play the game properly and because they're all biased against Sonic. They want Sonic dead. The ONLY exception is Sonic'06, and THAT got rushed beacuse Microsoft wanted it out BEFORE the PS3 version.

This isn't random bullshit, this is the truth. You're just blinded by YOUR fanboyism. YOU are a "classic" fanboy, I'm just argueing the side of truth.

Yet again, your insane logic has caused you to spew trash out of your mouth, again.
Did you net here me say it may be good for Sonic to go back to his 2-D roots?
Did you not here me say that Sonic's jump to 3-D was NOT a steady one?
Or are you completely ignoring me and typing crap again.
This is getting mundane because of your lack to understand that Sonic is dying.
Get a grip on the situation and accept it. We all did.
Obviously you're still the fanboy who refuses to see that Sonic Team and Sega is killing Sonic.
Oh, and what you said as, "So you WANT Sonic to be dead and buried",
Stop it. No one here ever said that, we all love Sonic too, we just face the fact that he is being killed.

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
that Sonic Team and Sega is killing Sonic.
So the creators are the killers? THAT'S where it's obvious that you want Sonic dead and buried, because you're saying that SEGA should never had created Sonic in the first place by saying that they're killing it!

SEGA created Sonic in the first place. If SEGA and Sonic Team go kaput, bye-bye Sonic. Bye-bye Tails. Bye-bye Shadow. Bye-bye THE REASON WE'RE HERE TODAY DUMBASS.

And you can say that I'm takeing it outta context, but I can actually read posts and see what's underneath the text.

EDIT:
@Zakktan: Thanks. Also, it's spelt "agree".

And both the "T" and "W" in my name're capitalized.

Yes, you can play the recent games and then the classics and see MAJOR gameplay differences
The differences I have is that I still, even to this day, love the classic Sonic gameplay, that had true speed, something, you've probally, never experienced.
You can see little to no glitches in the classic games, but in recent games, there are bugs and glitches almost everywhere you go (the 3-D ones.)
Now tell me that New Sonic is better than Old Sonic.
If you tell me other than the latter, then that proves you aren't a real sonic fan ( a real one, in my opinion, would have played the classics.)

I have a feeling that if Sonic Team decided to take the time needed to make a great game, and they had the willpower to do so, they could. Also,

Despite how funny that image is, don't evade the curse filter

Maou-Shin Daioka said:
Yes, you can play the recent games and then the classics and see MAJOR gameplay differences
The differences I have is that I still, even to this day, love the classic Sonic gameplay, that had true speed, something, you've probally, never experienced.
You can see little to no glitches in the classic games, but in recent games, there are bugs and glitches almost everywhere you go (the 3-D ones.)
If you tell me other than the latter, then that proves you aren't a real sonic fan ( a real one, in my opinion, would have played the classics.)
I've played all of the Genesis games (save MBM) and all of the GG games (save Spinball and MBM) on emulators. You're just a classic fanboy that can't accept anything new. The only game with glitches is Sonic'06.

If you want to go fast, try using the analog stick instead of shoving the controller up your ass. Oh make sure that you know what the jump/homing attack button is.

TimberWolf said:
Maou-Shin Daioka said:
I've played all of the Genesis games (save MBM) and all of the GG games (save Spinball and MBM) on emulators. You're just a classic fanboy that can't accept anything new. The only game with glitches is Sonic'06.

If you want to go fast, try using the analog stick instead of shoving the controller up your ass. Oh make sure that you know what the jump/homing attack button is.

The only 3-D Sonic game with glitches is Sonic '06...?
Anyone who has played SA, SA2 SH, will tell you that they experienced glitches while playing those games.I have even encountered glitches while playing those games. This is where you are clearly lying.

If Sonic Team actually did put some actual effort into making Sonic games than just dishing them out, maybe we would enjoy he new Sonic games.

And your sarcastic remark sounds just as a blind, ignorant, delusional fanboy who is having a hard time coping with Sonic dying.
Save us grief, and just admit that the recent Sonic games are poor in quality.
Oh, and at least classic Sonic fans still actually have fun playing the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back