If Sega keeps going the way they are...

Will you remember Sonic as he was? Before Sega corrupted the series?

• I'm loyal to Sonic, he'll survive on sites like this if I have to program games myself!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bah! Away with Sonic if that happens!

• I'll think of him how he was.

• I'll think he's a totally messessed up hedgehog, and play his games now and then...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's better that it's getting mroe serious. It started with SA1, really, when Chaos flooded Station Square. It's obvious that hundreds of men, women adn children drowned.

And then SA2 shows the ARK incident, Prison Island exploding and Shadow's "death".

Shadow was just carrying on the seriousness, and it's cool to have characters die sometimes. As well, SEGA and ST knew that Shadow wasn't a SONIC game but a SHADOW game, adn they knew that people considered Shadow bad-ass in SA2, so they researched bad-ass video game characters and what did they find? That bad-ass video game characters nowadays USE GUNS AND VEHICLES.

As well, Shadow got a huuuuuuuuuge fanbase after SA2 that wanted Shadow back, and they didn't kill Shadow in the first place. Hence, Shadow's return. Along with a new plot point.

SEGA listens to there Sonic fans.

I'll Begin said:
Sonic wasn't meant to be a "badass" game anyway. They took something that worked and made it worse.
SONIC isn't badass, SHADOW is. Read the posts.

As well, I'm one of the few that seems to be able to accept that SEGA and ST are doing what tey NEED to do in order to survive, and to give people an enjoyable game. It's when fans abuse there privilage to be fans of a comapny that actually LISTENS to them that the games get bad. The ONLY game that's been bad is Sonic'06, and THAT'S being repaired.

Of you want to continue to debate it, go ahead. I'll just win out in the end.

TimberWolf said:
Of you want to continue to debate it, go ahead. I'll just win out in the end.
Oh, that's not arrogant at all. Anyways, whatever Sonic Team is doing isn't keeping them alive, it's killing them. If the games were good, then most people would buy the games. If they aren't, Sonic fans will buy it anyways because it's Sonic.
Most of the reviews I've seen were rather negative at Sonic 360, and they probably weren't made by Sonic fans. Most positive ones were "omg roffle this is gr8 sonic rox" because they will like Sonic no matter how much shit Sega drags him through.

BlueZero4 said:
TimerWolf, would you like to tell the world exactly how Sonic 2k6 is being repaired?
Sure:

As I have read at another forum, the PS3 version of Sonic'06 keeps on being held back. As well, 1-Up gave the PS3 version of Sonic'06 a higher score than the 360 version. There review, apparently before it was taken down, stated that the PS3 version had less glitches than the 360 version.

From what I've heard, all the PS3 version has is no loading screens and a less screwy camera.

Shuffle said:
From what I've heard, all the PS3 version has is no loading screens and a less screwy camera.
Stil, it means it's gonna be better.

I'll continue the discussion when I wake up tomorrow.

As Shuffle said, all SEGA is doing is destroying Sonic.
They somewhat want Sonic to become more `adult`, demonstrated by the fact that they have made Sonic `taller` in Sonic 2k6. BS, I say.
Sonic was never meant to be adult or serious.
A game isn't fun because it is `adult` it's fun because it's fun.
We don't need adult-ish in Sonic. We really don't.
Who needs that Princess Elise? She's just useless, I bet they just included her for 'perv'-factor. They're trying to get more audience, and they fail miserably.
Maybe SEGA wants Sonic to go somewhat the way Conker went at the end?
It's unlikely to happen, but seeing what they are doing lately, it's a possibility.
I also bet that one of the reasons why Naka left was because Sonic Team wasn't capable of doing anything right anymore, look at what they have done with Sonic 1 while porting it to the GBA.
Voted the first option, anyway.

Shuffle said:

THAT makes me wish I had a PS3...

... NAH...

Anyways, SatSR is the last Sonic game I'm going to play (aside from SRB2, since it owns) if it sucks enough.

Dark Mystic said:
Sonic games will always rock in my opinion...except for Shadow the Hedgehog. They destroyed that game.
Exlain how they ruined it. And saying that it's because it's a Shadow game, because of the weapons and vehicles, because of the aliens or because it has "glitches", "bad camera angles" and "cheap deaths", you point is void.

Anyway, Elise is just another character that adds to the plot, that's it. SHe isn't there for 'perv'-factor, she isn't useless, she isn't uneeded.

Sonic just went up with there fans. Now it's E10+, that's perfect for Sonic. Having it more realistic and having there be death (even if you don't really see it ala SA1) makes it mroe of what Sonic IS. It was obvious that the moment they went from hidden islands in random parts of the world to Station Square and the humans that there was going to be more death, yet they're keeping the death subtle and less noticable. You don't see blood, you don't see body parts, you don't see people being maimed and you don't she people being crushed.

You KNOW the violence is there, but you don't really see it.

Okay, TimberWolf, you seem to be very defensive about plot. But one factor you seem to be avoiding is gameplay. Tell us, what in Sonic 2k6 makes it actually fun to play?

BlueZero4 said:
Okay, TimberWolf, you seem to be very defensive about plot. But one factor you seem to be avoiding is gameplay. Tell us, what in Sonic 2k6 makes it actually fun to play?
I havn't played it, and I probably never will because I will never get a PS3 and the PC release will probable not be compatible with my PC, but I think that Silvers gameplay would be a different expierence, that Shadow would be different (he doesn't use guns, and the vehicles are unimportant) because you get to use both Chaos Spear AND Chaos Blast. As well, the amigo system would also be different, (although it can be fix'd ala Tails/Rouge).

BlueZero4 said:
So, what right do you have to talk, when you haven't played it?
Y'see, YOU'RE the one that's thinking that when I talk about Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders, etc that I'm also talking about Sonic'06, WHICH I'M NOT.

But see, Elise isn't in Shadow, Riders, or etc., yet you specifically mentioned her in a post above.

Anyway, arguing with one who refuses to change their opinion just isn't fun, so I think I'm just going to stop posting in these Sonic 2k6 topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back