If I wanted to put SRB2 on the PSP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't have SRB2PSP without translating the programming language. The PSP isn't meant to read C coding. If only the source code of a game downloaded on a memory stick was hacked, then we could probably figure out the code language. However, I don't think there's a programming translator anywhere, so it'd all have to be re-coded. I'm pretty dang sure no one has the time to do that, nor would anyone want to, I swear. :/

Hyper Shadic X said:
You can't have SRB2PSP without translating the programming language. The PSP isn't meant to read C coding. If only the source code of a game downloaded on a memory stick was hacked, then we could probably figure out the code language. However, I don't think there's a programming translator anywhere, so it'd all have to be re-coded. I'm pretty dang sure no one has the time to do that, nor would anyone want to, I swear. :/

Wrong.

We have a PSP port (slow and nasty), and there is a C/++ PSP toolchain, there's also a toolchain for the PS2. =P

Nothing that's at least as powerful as a GBA is impossible.

However, as capabilities fall, the port becomes harder.

Wrong. GBA and DS SRB2s are both impossible due to the engine being pushed way farther than the original DooM engine, with huge environments and digital music, making the RAM requirements much too high.

Cue said:
Hyper Shadic X said:

Wrong.

We have a PSP port (slow and nasty), and there is a C/++ PSP toolchain, there's also a toolchain for the PS2. =P

Ya know, it amazes me that most things still run C language. o_O

Anyone could use what whatever programming language they wanted to as long as there is a compiler to convert the code from a human readable form to machine code which is what the compilers do. C-Language happens to be the easiest to compile on many platforms which is why it is "Portable".

Well excuse me for not knowing when my uncle (who is more of a computer geek than anyone I know) said nothing uses ANSCI C anymore. >_>

EDIT: I'm not trying to be flamatory or anything, just saying that no one should expect me to know much about programing. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back