I do not think I have F_SKY1. Registers as an "Unkown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

I tried redownloading DOOM and all, but I still don't have any SKY Files. I checked the texture list too. Is there a place where I can download it?

You don't have to download DOOM to have F_SKY1 to work. Did you mean DOOM Builder perhaps? For F_SKY1 to work the thok barrier as well as the rest of the level has to have the ceiling flat as F_SKY1. The floor flats can be whatever you want. If you want to use a different sky then GFZ, you say what sky you use in the map header.

Oh, and if its unknown flat in 3d mode, its fine. DOOM Builder doesn't know what sky you use, so it displays white question marks. You got it right if it displays the sky ingame.

Yes, Doom Builder. Anyway, I'm starting to learn to use it with ST's mapping tutorial. I type in F_SKY1 for certain textures, (where the guide told me for now) but DB says it is an unkown flat.

When I first created a map using the name MAP01 I could run my level when I needed to test it. Now I can't. I tried MAP02 also - same thing. Did I change a setting or something?

When editing Doom you have a sky call texture called F_SKY1. In SRB2 that Texture does not exist, but the command using it still does. Meaning you have to manually type in F_SKY1 when you want the sky on your sector's celing. (Or you could import Freedoom's F_SKY1)

F_SKY1 is supposed to register as unknown. Essentially, "Unknown" just means that there isn't a valid texture file, which is darn right. F_SKY1 just tells SRB2 to do some funky stuff to render the sky there. No texture is supposed to be rendered on the F_SKY1 walls, either.

Thanks. I kept following the guide, up to the part where I put in things, and I made another sector within sector 0, now sector 6, it raised one wall. However, now the level is all messef up in the new sector like before I put a texture on a wall or the border or something. I can't seem to edit any textures ot anything on those walls.

Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly?

Most comman, you need to make the thok banner first, if you don't, you should end up with some glitches. However, it is still posible to add the banner last with loads of adjustments.

ST introduces the thok barrier concept late. Most mappers make the thok barrier from the very beginning of the mapping process.

Torgo said:
For F_SKY1 to work the thok barrier as well as the rest of the level has to have the ceiling flat as F_SKY1.

The rest of the level has to have the same ceiling flat? I don't think that's the case, for if it were, how would you be able to make caves in levels with the ceiling as the sky? :P

You could use FOFs. Depending on the cave you would either need FOFs or not need them. If you wanted to go on top of it or something you would need to use FOFs. If not, you can just use a ceiling flat in most cases.

What are FOFs? (I haven't completed the guide yet.)

Oh, and what did I do wrong with the wall here? I can't even place textures in the area behind it.

Torgo said:
You could use FOFs. Depending on the cave you would either need FOFs or not need them. If you wanted to go on top of it or something you would need to use FOFs. If not, you can just use a ceiling flat in most cases.

Great. I forgot to add "without FOFs" to the end of what I said. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back