Hydro Havoc

Hydro Havoc V4.1

Hydrolo

Hydrolo submitted a new resource:

Hydro Havoc - A SRB2Kart map pack by Hydrolo

Welcome everyone to my SRB2 Kart course pack: Hydro Havoc! Currently, there is only one track in this pack, with plans to have at least 5 tracks, or in other words, enough tracks to make a cup.

GENESIS CUP

NUCLEAR SPEEDWAY
(MAPWX)
Lap Count: 2
View attachment 84470
A Nuclear Power Plant turned into a kart race track.
With lots of 90 degree turns, nearly every turn gives an opportunity for a strong drift!
Just be careful not to get into the...​

Read more about this resource...

Pretty solid map. I had fun with this. If I had to suggest one thing towards design, it would be trying to incorporate more of the power plant theme into this. However, that's what future updates are for! Can't wait to see more maps and as always, welcome to releases!

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Honestly, I knew the map was kinda bland looking and doesn’t really have a strong power plant resemblance in the final product, but at the same time, these visuals were sorta what I was going for from the beginning. I’m not sure when I’ll update this map, as my top priority right now is making my next map and not polishing this map, but if I ever think of something to add to this map’s design, I’ll definitely come back to it.

Hydrolo updated Hydro Havoc with a new update entry:

(A small but important update)

This is a minor but important update to the Nuclear Speedway map, fixing the boss waypoints on the map. Long story short, I was confused about how to number the waypoints and got them horribly off number, so I updated the map with the waypoint numbers fixed. This update needs to be downloaded in order to get a functioning race on the map.

Read the rest of this update entry...

V1.2 - [Track 2: Mighty Stadium]

This is a major update to the pack, featuring an all new track. Drawing inspiration from the Wario & Waluigi Stadium courses from the Mario Kart series, this update introduces track number 2 of the pack: Mighty Stadium.

View attachment 87071

Changes to already released courses:

Nuclear Speedway:
  • Increased the stage's Encore Mode music a little, as I thought it was too quiet compared to the normal music
  • Added a finish line banner to the track
I hope...

V1.3 - Mighty Stadium Changes

Hey everyone, this is just a small update mainly consisting of changes to Mighty Stadium, mostly gameplay changes. Here is a list of changes to the map in this update:

• The first section of the map, the spiral and hairpin, has been cut out of the map and replaced with a new section, as the original first section was awkward and not very good for a first set of turns in a map.
  • The second set of items has been moved forward a little so it doesn't come right before the split path...

V2 - New Course: Malachite Rainforest

This is a major update to the map pack, featuring an all new course: Malachite Rainforest Zone

View attachment 90728

With that said, this update says farewell to the Nuclear Speedway course, because that course has become obsolete in comparison to the other maps. More specific details are listed on the main page. For archival purposes, the course can still be downloaded in a standalone file.

And finally, I moved the version of Mighty Stadium with the slope physics on the dirt...

V3 - New Map + Revamped Map

A lot of new content is added in this update. The main additions are two new tracks: Lakeview City, and an all new version of Mighty Stadium.

The original Mighty Stadium (with the slope physics enabled) now shares a file with Nuclear Speedway.

More features this update comes with include:

Changes to Malachite Rainforest:
  • Moved the player starts backwards to add more breathing room at the starting straight
  • Removed the guardrails after the first turn on the cliffside section...

Maps give warnings when loaded

Mighty Stadium:
WARNING: constant 'GFZROCK' could not be parsed.

Lakeview City:
WARNING: constant 'SCZWIN02' could not be parsed.

Malachite Rainforest:
WARNING: constant 'GRSEDG1' could not be parsed. WARNING: KRL_HydroHavoc_v3.pk3|Lua/LUA_SAWB:54: bad argument #2 to 'S_StartSound' (number expected, got nil)

V3.1

Minor update done mainly to reslot Mighty Stadium to MAPWR, due to the Pro Pack now having a map using MAPWT. There are a few changes to go with this:

MIGHTY STADIUM:
  • Reworked the start cut
  • Tweaked the map's encore palette
  • Redid the Time Attack ghost, due to the old one's replay now being unwatchable

MALACHITE RAINFOREST:
  • Added in a missing deathplane

V4 - The Mystic Update

After a half-year with no new track releases in this pack, this update delivers Mystic Museum Zone

View attachment 111613

Next to that, this update contains a few hotfixes done by Alufolie91:

- Moved all freeslotting from lua to soc, as the lua freeslotting caused alot of issues
- Fixed a warning in the sawblade lua, also added the missing sawblade sound
- Fixed "XXXXXX Constant could not be parsed" warnings

And as usual, there's also a few changes to the other maps...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back