How to portforward?

Before you start make sure you setup a static IP first:

Once you have done that succesfully, connect to your router's login page in your browser via the URL tab by typing in the login page's IP, which is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

Once you are there login with the credentials provided and port forward using your router instructions (In a manual or online).

The port should be 5029, as that is the default port used for SRB2.

Make sure when you port forward, you use the same static IP before for the port!

You should open a server in the game and use https://www.jameds.org/SRB2/port/ (Thanks A'Dilla!) to see if you are alright! If you are then you are good to go, if not.

Follow these instructions for simply just port forwarding via Windows Explorer:

Last edited:

Once you have done that succesfully, connect to your router's login page in your browser via the URL tab by typing in the login page's IP, which is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.

Once you are there login with the credentials provided and port forward using your router instructions (In a manual or online).

Make sure when you port forward, you use the same static IP before for the port!

You should open a server in the game and use https://www.jameds.org/SRB2/port/ (Thanks A'Dilla!) to see if you are alright! If you are then you are good to go, if not.

Then how to do it with kart? Because it never works for me

Oh, it should work either way but if you get it working that would be cool.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, it works for Kart too since they share the same port number.
I just meant If I did it for vanilla SRB2 will it already work with kart?

nvm

I dont see my router.... earlier i did and opened it but the general tab wasn't there

any help?

i think i did it! lemme try

1624016628841.png

Last edited:
nvm

I dont see my router.... earlier i did and opened it but the general tab wasn't there

any help?

i think i did it! lemme try

View attachment 47445
Did you configure your static IP correctly as in the link above? You are using your router's IP instead of your computer's IP.

Also don't change the IP in the SRB2 Port Checker. It will automatically read the port from your external IP.

Last edited:

Does it work for arris too? I'm going to be switching arris to optimum pretty soon now.

does it work from the view network connections, properties, sharing, configure then add from there?

does it work from the view network connections, properties, sharing, configure then add from there?
No, did you follow it like this guide says?

View network settings, change adapter settings, right click your main WIFI adapter and select properties, click IPv4 and select properties, adjust and so on.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back