How to have characters Side by Side on Youtube Thumbnails? (SRB2)

Hello so I am new on the message board so please correct me if I am wrong posting her but I just wanted to discuss something that I am greatly needed some help with. So soon I am gonna be making my own sonic channel and I wanna start on the game srb2 first but my problem is that Idk how people have there thumbnails like this...
1637588805984.png
1637588772916.png
1637588728671.png
1637588647464.png
1637588590150.png
1637588547810.png
1637588512324.png
1637588446577.png

And the whole effects and stuff like that I can do but im mostly concerned about the characters & on how they managed to run and take a picture at the same time or if they stood still in the game and let the bots just get beside them for a picture because when I try to do that they just start moving while im not and another thing is idk if they got these 3d modeled characters off on devianart in some sort of nice posing position (ik its jeck jims 3d models) because there's no way I could take thumbnails like these while in the game. Again sorry for the stupid post but I really need help with something like this.
Post automatically merged:

Also I know the title might not match up to some of these images show but hopefully ya know what I mean.

Last edited:
Hello so I am new on the message board so please correct me if I am wrong posting her but I just wanted to discuss something that I am greatly needed some help with. So soon I am gonna be making my own sonic channel and I wanna start on the game srb2 first but my problem is that Idk how people have there thumbnails like this... View attachment 57011View attachment 57010View attachment 57009View attachment 57008View attachment 57007View attachment 57006View attachment 57005View attachment 57004
And the whole effects and stuff like that I can do but im mostly concerned about the characters & on how they managed to run and take a picture at the same time or if they stood still in the game and let the bots just get beside them for a picture because when I try to do that they just start moving while im not and another thing is idk if they got these 3d modeled characters off on devianart in some sort of nice posing position (ik its jeck jims 3d models) because there's no way I could take thumbnails like these while in the game. Again sorry for the stupid post but I really need help with something like this.
Post automatically merged:

Also I know the title might not match up to some of these images show but hopefully ya know what I mean.
All of it's in game models, the rest is just image manipulation, and... an overdose of bloom.

under the understanding that you have a basic idea of how to make say.. a google image look kind of like what you want, you can try to find a spot where your character is in a backround low contrast to itself, but high contrast to the model you want.

I hid an amogus room in Bombastic Beach in the previous OLDC, so you can go in there with objectplace. It's pretty good contidions for this type of thing.

then when yourein the right pose press F8, this creates a screenshot in a subdirectory in your SRB2 installation, you'll probably know whichh when you see it

then using magic wand or whatever you can delete the backround, crop, and erase the excess. Now manipulate it to your heart's content.

Sprites are probably not what you want but Willo has no models so yeaaaaaa... Anyway Slade is probably your best tool to do that, convert to png, (Truecolor or whatever) and export to wherever and use that

All of it's in game models, the rest is just image manipulation, and... an overdose of bloom.

under the understanding that you have a basic idea of how to make say.. a google image look kind of like what you want, you can try to find a spot where your character is in a backround low contrast to itself, but high contrast to the model you want.

I hid an amogus room in Bombastic Beach in the previous OLDC, so you can go in there with objectplace. It's pretty good contidions for this type of thing.

then when yourein the right pose press F8, this creates a screenshot in a subdirectory in your SRB2 installation, you'll probably know whichh when you see it

then using magic wand or whatever you can delete the backround, crop, and erase the excess. Now manipulate it to your heart's content.

Sprites are probably not what you want but Willo has no models so yeaaaaaa... Anyway Slade is probably your best tool to do that, convert to png, (Truecolor or whatever) and export to wherever and use that
I will get back to the part of the game models in a bit but I thank you very much for explaining this to me, I am just a logo designer and I have been making them for a while on photoshop, You can check on my twitter account and I know somethings on there so the bloom thing would come easily to me. Now back to the game models, is that like a sort of setting in srb2 that I have to enable/change?

Last edited:
I will get back to the part of the game models in a bit but I thank you very much for explaining this to me, I am just a logo designer and I have been making them for a while on photoshop, You can check on my twitter account and I know somethings on there so the bloom thing would come easily to me. Now back to the game models, is that like a sort of setting in srb2 that I have to enable/change?
yea, they come in with your install now even in the patches, though in order to use them you need to switch your renderer to opengl, and activate models in your opengl settings at the bottom. If the game's graphics freeze when swapping renderers, then press the windows key to get out of srb2 and close it from there, the settings will save and the graphics shouldn't freeze until you switch from software to opengl again

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back