How to get opengl renderer on srb2k

Xantho

so i just decided to get srb2k cause why not, downloaded some mods and i tried to change my render and i just cant find it.
dont know if its a problem with the app or the mac im using cause srb2 allowed me to change the renderer

sorry if this is the wrong discussion, pretty new to this

Last edited:
so i just decided to get srb2k cause why not, downloaded some mods and i tried to change my render and i just cant find it.
dont know if its a problem with the app or the mac im using cause srb2 allowed me to change the renderer

sorry if this is the wrong discussion, pretty new to this
That setting does not exist. Kart is older and based on an outdated version of SRB2, a version before the renderer setting in the options menu was added.

Unsure if the Mac version comes with it, but you can launch the game in OpenGL by clicking on the corresponding .bat file in your Kart folder. If that's not there, run Kart with the -opengl command line parameter.

That setting does not exist. Kart is older and based on an outdated version of SRB2, a version before the renderer setting in the options menu was added.

Unsure if the Mac version comes with it, but you can launch the game in OpenGL by clicking on the corresponding .bat file in your Kart folder. If that's not there, run Kart with the -opengl command line parameter
so even the new versions of kart its not there?

also opengl didnt come with the mac and i seem to not find the command line

edit: found the command line
edit edit: im not sure, its called developer console right?

Last edited:
so even the new versions of kart its not there?

also opengl didnt come with the mac and i seem to not find the command line

edit: found the command line
edit edit: im not sure, its called developer console right?
There is no "new version" of Kart. The latest version of Kart is still a mod of SRB2 2.1, when the OpenGL setting was added in 2.2.1.

The in-game console is not the command line. The command line on Mac is called the Terminal.

yea idk about how srb2kart files are on mac but if there is a file named 'renderer.txt' open it. the name of the renderer you are using is all in the file. by default it is 'software', but since you want to use opengl, change it to 'opengl'. dont forget to save the file

I think the game saves in config.cfg if the OpenGL renderer is enabled. Give that a try, maybe that can work. :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back