How to fix graphic errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrzi

I started new match level with my friend, and what I see in my map, THERE IS MAJOR GRAPHIC ERRORS!!!!
screenshots
srb20010-1.png

srb20011-1.png

srb20012-1.png

srb20013-1.png

srb20015.png

srb20016.png

srb20017.png

srb20018.png

so my question is, how I can remove/put away/fix this awful graphic problem?

Yes, they are called slime trails. You can help reduce the number of slime trails in your map by making it smaller.

What the above posters said. It's a software rendering side-effect of having a single sector cover too much contiguous space. Throw some more sectors into the empty spaces and it should become less pronounced (though I might point out, this also happens in some of the official maps, but to a lesser degree).

Isn't this issue gone in Open-GL?

If you don't want to shrink it, and can't take these glitches. Try Open-GL port of SRB2.

OpenGL doesn't have THIS error, but it has others. This error is caused by large open areas with no detail. Either make your level smaller or add some more details. Probably both.

First off, this map is EXTREMELY huge, and the size would probably kill the map's chance of being any good. Second, it should have more detail, as Mystic said.

To be perfectly fair, I'm using a large open area as inaccessible decoration in a map I'm making. Before I started adding detail to it, it already exhibited slime trails when viewed from certain angles.

The room wasn't that big. The renderer simply cracks under just small amounts of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back