How do I make one of the unlockable characters a default character?

I do not know how to explain this, but the title should be self-explanatory.

I want to make one of the three unlockable characters in SRB2 available from the start like with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. More specifically, I want Amy as a starting character.

Can anyone help me out with this?

I do not know how to explain this, but the title should be self-explanatory.

I want to make one of the three unlockable characters in SRB2 available from the start like with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. More specifically, I want Amy as a starting character.

Can anyone help me out with this?
Yes, I have done exactly this before. In a SOC file, create a new unlockable block (described here: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Custom_unlockables_and_emblems) and set the condition set to -1.

Here is what I did:

Unlockable 23 Name = Play as Amy Objective = Available at start Height = 0 ConditionSet = -1 Type = None NoChecklist = true

Yes, I have done exactly this before. In a SOC file, create a new unlockable block (described here: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Custom_unlockables_and_emblems) and set the condition set to -1.

Here is what I did:

Unlockable 23 Name = Play as Amy Objective = Available at start Height = 0 ConditionSet = -1 Type = None NoChecklist = true
So I can do this with an SOC? I wanted to do this with a character patch, but SRB2 won't let me do that apparently, so I suppose I could give this a go. How do I make an SOC for the vanilla game? Character patches would work with any of the fields available, expect for availability for some reason. If that weren't the case, this thread wouldn't exist.

So I can do this with an SOC? I wanted to do this with a character patch, but SRB2 won't let me do that apparently, so I suppose I could give this a go. How do I make an SOC for the vanilla game? Character patches would work with any of the fields available, expect for availability for some reason. If that weren't the case, this thread wouldn't exist.
The article I linked provides more info, but this is only doable with SOC. In SLADE, create a new entry and then view it as text, then paste the script in and save. Works just like any other addon with SOC (which is most of them).

The article I linked provides more info, but this is only doable with SOC. In SLADE, create a new entry and then view it as text, then paste the script in and save. Works just like any other addon with SOC (which is most of them).
I don't think I've told you this yet, but I play SRB2 on mobile. It's impossible to use SLADE on my end.

I don't think I've told you this yet, but I play SRB2 on mobile. It's impossible to use SLADE on my end.
In that case, get any app that can create and edit zip folders and use it like SLADE. PK3s are just zip folders with a different file extension.

In that case, get any app that can create and edit zip folders and use it like SLADE. PK3s are just zip folders with a different file extension.
I'm figuring this out now. But I still have a problem. The SOC I'm using for this keeps telling me I need a custom gamedata file to use it on, and I want to use it for the vanilla game. I don't know the best way to explain it.

I'm figuring this out now. But I still have a problem. The SOC I'm using for this keeps telling me I need a custom gamedata file to use it on, and I want to use it for the vanilla game. I don't know the best way to explain it.
What SOC file is this?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back