How do I make big asymmetrical sprites?

pine_nuke

bad to the bone guitar riff
I wanted to make a sprite like shown below but it keeps being inverted along with the character sprites, how do I make the bar on the top left corner not invert in-game?

Attachments

• 1651864876769.png
    1651864876769.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 98
You could have kartmaker split the spritesheet without the gauge into individual sprites that you can then export as PNG, add the gauge in, and import back.

I'll try to test that out. I have the character sprites already in kartmaker without the gauge, so tell me if this sounds right: I'll export the gauges as PNG'S inside SLADE, add them to the character folder and import them back to sprites
You could have kartmaker split the spritesheet without the gauge into individual sprites that you can then export as PNG, add the gauge in, and import back.

[...] I'll export the gauges as PNG'S inside SLADE, add them to the character folder and import them back to sprites
That... doesn't quite make sense?

Just to make sure:
  1. Use kartmaker to create the gaugeless character.
    • This will have kartmaker split the spritesheet into its individual sprites.
  2. In SLADE, export (as PNG) the sprites you want to attach a gauge to.
  3. Use whatever you use to edit sprites and add the gauge on top. Save.
  4. In SLADE, import the newly edited sprites and convert them to Doom GFX. Edit offsets as necessary.
    • The easiest way to importing the new sprites is by right-clicking a sprite lump and selecting Import.
    • Convert by right-clicking the sprite and selecting Graphic > Convert to....

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back