How did you find srb2

A'Dilla

For The Win!
A weird question I decided to ask: How did you find srb2? And an optional one: How did you evolve?

My Answer: I first noticed srb2 in 2019, Garrulous64, Knuckles Channel 3 and Knuckles, and Dave Ace were playing it. (I might rewatch it this year it was funny.) Back to my topic In the end I didn't install the game because it looked "too hard" (they were having trouble on Eggrock 3.) Then I found Srb2 from a mod on YouTube: Almost Super Sonic! Thanks to that mod I am here having a good time today! I honestly evolved quickly! The best thing I learned was to add addons into my game without resetting everything Hurray!🎉 I also learned how to host (Thanks again Trystan) and more!

Alpharad played it and I decided to give it a shot a few months later. Best rabbit hole I've fallen into

Yeah, I saw Garrulous64 play it as well (but the 2.2 version) and the EXACT same mod made me want to play it even more, never been so glad of a mod called A.S.S.

I started playing after getting a computer and hearing about the game's at the time recent 2.2 update. I decided to give it a shot.

Best decision I've ever made.

Back when 1.09.4 was the latest version, I encountered an earlier version of the final demo line on a website dedicated to Sonic Fangames, I don't remember what website it was. The version they were hosting featured Sonic with Superman's cape instead of Super Sonic. I eventually got around to visiting srb2.org and realized there was an updated version.

I remember my initial impression of the game being fairly negative, but the more I played the more hooked I got. Playing around with wads only further cemented this. Probably my two most fond memories of this time were JTE.exe, and a 2D fangame inspired by it called SRB2 Advanced which I lost after reformatting my PC ages ago and I swear has vanished from the internet without a trace.

I first found SRB2 on a website called "Caiman free games", a site dedicated to hosting a variety of freeware games and fan games alike. 1.09.4 was the latest version at the time, and I remember going back to the same site to download it again a couple years later to find that the game had been updated (the addition of Deep Sea Zone both surprised and confused me).

I was looking for sonic fan games and there was SRB2, I started playing with version 2.2.1... I accidentally downloaded it from a different website and that came along until 2.2.8.

I first found out about SRB2 back in the 2.0 days, a saw a lot of people making videos of full playthroughs and playing servers in the multiplayer mode. I wanted to try out the game myself and when I figured out that this was a Fan game and it was this fun, I started becoming attracted to the game.

There's a youtuber who I like a lot called Stink Terios (he's brazilian, so he doesn't speak in english in his videos). In 2016 he made a series playing SUGOI, that was how I discovered srb2

I founded out about srb2 just by accident actually. I was on youtube watching videos when I accidentaly clicced on a video where a guy was playing a level pack with modern sonic. After sering that video i started to watch videos over videos of srb2 until the day i actually started playing. I play only on one server (S1 CO-OP SERVER) and i enjoy every second i play it. If one day i'll become good at coding, i'll try make my own addon character

I discovered SRB2 during 2.1.15 or a little earlier by watching a speedrun of 2.0 from a youtube channel I was watching at the time. I didn't played much until I reinstalled it in mid 2019(late 2.1.25).

I discovered SRB2 when I randomly came across a video about an easter egg in version... 1.09 I think? The one where RedXVI exits the house and sends you to heck. Looked up what all the fuss was about (never found RedXVI, SRB2 updated and took him out at that point but I was a nieve lil teen), but I was hooked ever since!

Man... I don't remember. It's been a long time.

Sonic fangames have always been popular, but there are a lot more now than there once were. I'm pretty sure I discovered SRB2 because I was looking up Sonic fangames and SRB2 was one of the dozen or so that existed.

i saw garrulous64 play this game on 2017 i found the game in 2018 and started playing for now 2 years and i became a WHOLE LOT faster and was here during the ms shutdown due to fucking rabbids

A weird question I decided to ask: How did you find srb2? And an optional one: How did you evolve?

My Answer: I first noticed srb2 in 2019, Garrulous64, Knuckles Channel 3 and Knuckles, and Dave Ace were playing it. (I might rewatch it this year it was funny.) Back to my topic In the end I didn't install the game because it looked "too hard" (they were having trouble on Eggrock 3.) Then I found Srb2 from a mod on YouTube: Almost Super Sonic! Thanks to that mod I am here having a good time today! I honestly evolved quickly! The best thing I learned was to add addons into my game without resetting everything Hurray!🎉 I also learned how to host (Thanks again Trystan) and more!
uhhh i remeber i wacht in a cyber a guy who plays the game in *2016* and that ._.

If memory serves, it was Antdudes video: "Sonic Fan Games | The Good, The Great, and the Ugly" that I first became aware of it. It looked really cool. But, I believe it was a different video that got me to check it out. It was a video showcasing Junio Sonic and Palmtree Panic but, I don't recall the specific video.

Youtube to be honest. I found out about it during 2.1 and started during 2.2.4. Yes I started much later after I found out.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back