How did you find out about the srb2 message board and why did you join?

The title says the question and yes I did use the search bar, for me as stated in the how did you discover srb2 thread I found out about the srb2 message board via a mod showcase from YouTuber Garrulous64... Is actually what I thought was how I discovered the srb2 message board- I recently remembered that I actually just stumbled upon the srb2 message board via a now gone thread that if I recall correctly was about how much potential there is (was) for Sonic forces but keep in mind that this was actually 2017 so this person was genuinely hyped about Sonic forces but I can't find it anywhere so I'm assuming that it was deleted because of... Y'all already know don't you, all I know for sure is that I most definitely saw that thread around the year 2017.

After a year or two of hyping of the anime adaptation of JoJo's Bizzare Adventure I'll vento d'oro (part 5) and then another year of playing the Xbox 360 version of Terraria (because Duke fishron is a major pain in my ass) I then went over to the srb2 skybase forum and made an account to then make a very pointless contest (that you require an srb2 skybase account to access) I then realized that there was a bigger forum site called the srb2 message board and in which I like huge communities so then... here I am... But I was an idiot when it came to coding (and still am but not as bad) so my first post is very stupid.

Well that's how I discovered the srb2 message board and why I joined.
I actually knew about SRB2 since 2010 (or 2011, not sure), two or three years later I discovered SRB2 MB where I could find more add-ons and put in my 2.0 version. I've never created an account at that time for some reason, now I'm getting much closer by my own and it seems like I did a very cool thing to do!

Around the time I first learned of srb2, didn't join until I started getting into the community.

First I heard of the game from garrulous64, then i when I tried getting the mods he used, most of the time they leaded me here. Then years later I felt like joining the mb.

In all honesty I already knew about the message board and srb2.org, I started back in 2.0 but the things was I just never made an account on the message board, I just downloaded mods.

I found the thread when searching for characters to play in srb2 kart. I decided to join the community so I could ask questions (and permission) on characters being created. (because I have no idea how to do sprite art)

i downloaded stuff, and found i was good ( not really back then ) at map making
and im better at it now, but as i was saying
i was orginally called ( idk i forgot ) then sanic the derphog and AHHHHHHHHHH! now
also i tried to release a level that was not finished as i was stupid back then ( haha fake sonic utopia go brrrrr, as green hill HAHAHAHAH)
and i kinda forgot about this place for a month or so, and came back few months later im here typing this

I found out about the mb when i was looking for mods to play on srb2 web beta.
i joined because i wanted to get mods, or post a mod

I think it was meanwhile the 2.2.6 era (I don't even had a pc). I was watching tutorial videos of how to download srb2.
Then i discovered: the game had a official page! I was really excited. Turns out, in one of those tutorial videos it also tells how 2 download addons.

Also, fun fact: My first addon (the first that i played with) was Yoshi.

Iv'e been playing srb2 for 2 years now, and I rather recently decided to make an account here. I knew about it of course, (from the day I downloaded it) It just only recently occurred to me that you could interact with the site a whole lot more than I thought.
I joined mainly because I also wanted to start making mods as well.

i found it back in may when i first got my hands on the android port (when it first came out) and i joined because its boring being a guest

I've known about SRB2 since I was little. I was introduced to it by my older brothers and I've been a fan ever since.

I found out of the message board when playing online with someone, and i joined to chat, and, forgot to log in for a long time and had wrote me, but i already, kinda, catched up with him

I found out about this place arround 2.2.4 (aka when i found srb2) i watched a 3d models video (jeck jims) and i loved them, went here, downloaded the models and later made an account (i don't regret it).

People kept talking about it in 2.1 and I had no idea was "MB" meant. I asked, people said "message board". So I decided to look it up, and boy was it confusing...so I didn't go back on it until the end of its old design days (before this newer design), which is why my account seems fairly new. I've been playing SRB2 since around the release of 2.1.20 (most likely 2017 or 2018) in reality.
I took a looong break from using the MB for a while in 2020 (when i made my account, as you can see) and 2021, but I came back to be more social in March of 2022. And here I am today!
I only use the MB largely for either socializing or downloading cool mods. Otherwise, I just join servers I find interesting and download mods from there, hence why I'm occasionally behind on mod versions. The MB still has a lot of use to me, and I'm glad it's here.

While this may be a story I know, on December 8th in 2020. I was searching up and having fun (It was where I missed SRB2's brithday on December 7th), until I was wonding. Let me see if there is some Sonic Fangames I can have fun with. until I search it up, Then I went to the message boards. and I saw tons of people here and addons as well to search. I download the first addon, it was Junio Sonic (it's v1.2, though it has been updated by MotorRoach to v1.3). Though I did need the game first, so I head on over to get the game on there website. and it was on the top left screen and I clicked it, and I download the game. The latest was v2.2.8, and afterwords. I started to play the game first, though I didn't know how to. I decide to cheat my self by using a 100% savedata, I know I get. I couldn't have just finish the game normally, but I (my werid self) decide I wanna cheat. I do know now, but I was too lazy. That happend with Sonic 3 A.I.R though, but that's for a another off-topic hangout theard. After I found one, I deicde to play online in 2021. I did play as sonic, He was a bit hard but easier to learn with the thok. Knuckles is more a glide and climb but his jump height is lower than the rest of the vanilla cast, Amy can't form into a ball in midair. Though she has her twinspin and melee-attack, Fang just can't form into a ball too like amy. He can however bounce using his tail, and can shoot a popgun (not actual real guns). And Metal Sonic can float, and has dashmode. They were not for me though, when I played as tails. He was more easier to play, as since sonic games. I play Sonic since some of the levels are a bit easier for me to go through, for a 3D Fangame as a Hedgehog. I am not really into that, but Flight. I guess yes I supposed, I know. Metal can Float, but can't go higher than Tails. Which gives a advantange for players and It can count for cheating and op, But tails gets tired after flying too much. Since he can't handle that limit, You can change it by using "players.power[pw_tailsfly]" but It would be a bit op. I was sad that Tails didn't had a super form, since Fang and Amy obvoiusly didn't. As I didn't care about him that really much, though I did however get better at this fox with a few watching speedruns. I got a bit better and better, I did found glitches and I saw people doing it. I found some wacky ones that they did, and I am posting my own on bug reports. I started to mod when I decide in 2022, when I think I know what the game was. I also had a account in 2021 in May 14, though it didn't get verifed. So I had to get it verifed for my account to work, and I got it in. Now I can post addons and anything I want to do, so I started with Voices. After that, I released in August 16 in 2022. I also released one in September 2022, that's my first ever momentum addon. Staromentum, it didn't had momentum (which am going to make a revamped version). After that, My first character (now into a pack) was Field Pack (It was only Field Sonic had the time). It was released at the end of 2022 in December 31st, It did got into submission after 2023 in january. Don't Jump or Die was released in January 5th 2023, and the rest of the mods. The first ever form I tryed to recreated was Hyper Forms, It was set on May 1st 2023. And here I am, I am making a project that will come. And helping a project, as well as Even helping some people to tweak there mod to get in submission. And if this didn't happend, I wouldn't have been never here and be replace by people who might have done there projects without me. I still am glad I really liked SRB2, This game made me shape to what I am today (Kinda).

EDIT: That was an actual long comment, I bet you all know how long I taked.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back