How did you find out about SRB2?

I was often looking for free games to play as a kid, and happened to find SRB2 back in 2008. Never thought I'd still be here after so many years...

I was making music for someone's level pack at the time, I think around 2005 or 2006. I think I actually knew about SRB2 a year or two prior, back when the game was still on 1.08, but I didn't start engaging with the community until 1.09.3.

i founded it out bc of parody gameplays of srb2 of a YouTuber (@sergindsegasonic in yt) but the parodys aren't available anymore and they where in spanish (i'm spanish) it was cool

as far as i can really remember, i think i first discovered about srb2 during the middle of 2012 after watching MegaGWolf review the game, i remember not really liking it much until a month or 2 after 2.1 came out

I think how I found out about this game was I found the Techno Hill Zone Act 1 song, and I became partially addicted to it. 3 days later, I decided to give the game a try, and I fell in love with it. Now I'm a Twitch streamer. :)

I was scanning sonic retro for good fan games when I saw this unfortunately sonic retro didn't have a download link for srb2 so I couldn't download until later

Found it back in 2016/2017 when i frequented the sonic retro wiki. Had to wait until 2.2 to get past Deep Sea Zone!

I found out about SRB2 from this video i watched in early 2017.

I actually watched this somewhere in 2014.

I WATCHED THAT EXACT VIDEO

Since this one is also active, I might post the original comment from the other theard here.

While this may be a story I know, on December 8th in 2020. I was searching up and having fun (It was where I missed SRB2's brithday on December 7th), until I was wonding. Let me see if there is some Sonic Fangames I can have fun with. until I search it up, Then I went to the message boards. and I saw tons of people here and addons as well to search. I download the first addon, it was Junio Sonic (it's v1.2, though it has been updated by MotorRoach to v1.3). Though I did need the game first, so I head on over to get the game on there website. and it was on the top left screen and I clicked it, and I download the game. The latest was v2.2.8, and afterwords. I started to play the game first, though I didn't know how to. I decide to cheat my self by using a 100% savedata, I know I get. I couldn't have just finish the game normally, but I (my werid self) decide I wanna cheat. I do know now, but I was too lazy. That happend with Sonic 3 A.I.R though, but that's for a another off-topic hangout theard. After I found one, I deicde to play online in 2021. I did play as sonic, He was a bit hard but easier to learn with the thok. Knuckles is more a glide and climb but his jump height is lower than the rest of the vanilla cast, Amy can't form into a ball in midair. Though she has her twinspin and melee-attack, Fang just can't form into a ball too like amy. He can however bounce using his tail, and can shoot a popgun (not actual real guns). And Metal Sonic can float, and has dashmode. They were not for me though, when I played as tails. He was more easier to play, as since sonic games. I play Sonic since some of the levels are a bit easier for me to go through, for a 3D Fangame as a Hedgehog. I am not really into that, but Flight. I guess yes I supposed, I know. Metal can Float, but can't go higher than Tails. Which gives a advantange for players and It can count for cheating and op, But tails gets tired after flying too much. Since he can't handle that limit, You can change it by using "players.power[pw_tailsfly]" but It would be a bit op. I was sad that Tails didn't had a super form, since Fang and Amy obvoiusly didn't. As I didn't care about him that really much, though I did however get better at this fox with a few watching speedruns. I got a bit better and better, I did found glitches and I saw people doing it. I found some wacky ones that they did, and I am posting my own on bug reports. I started to mod when I decide in 2022, when I think I know what the game was. I also had a account in 2021 in May 14, though it didn't get verifed. So I had to get it verifed for my account to work, and I got it in. Now I can post addons and anything I want to do, so I started with Voices. After that, I released in August 16 in 2022. I also released one in September 2022, that's my first ever momentum addon. Staromentum, it didn't had momentum (which am going to make a revamped version). After that, My first character (now into a pack) was Field Pack (It was only Field Sonic had the time). It was released at the end of 2022 in December 31st, It did got into submission after 2023 in january. Don't Jump or Die was released in January 5th 2023, and the rest of the mods. The first ever form I tryed to recreated was Hyper Forms, It was set on May 1st 2023. And here I am, I am making a project that will come. And helping a project, as well as Even helping some people to tweak there mod to get in submission. And if this didn't happend, I wouldn't have been never here and be replace by people who might have done there projects without me. I still am glad I really liked SRB2, This game made me shape to what I am today (Kinda).

EDIT: That was an actual long comment, I bet you all know how long I taked.

That's really it, but I still love the game anyway.

it was 2015 and I was just browsing ytube
eventually I came across a video that showed someone beating up Metal
eight years of being in this blasted community and I never thought I'd still be here
don't ask

Back in 2017 I was browsing through YouTube and came across a video that was basically titled Sonic The Hedgehog in Doom. I watched it and thought it looked awesome! And the fact it was free to play made it worth the try. I really got into it for about a year, but eventually lost interest when I started to get busy with work and career. But just recently, not too long ago, I decided to revisit it and started to thoroughly enjoy it again! The new updates compared to what I was playing in 2017 made it all the more awesome! The original soundtrack has to be one of my favorite parts of the game (with the Tutorial track being my favorite) and I got it downloaded onto an old iPod. The multiplayer is great, I love playing co-op with people who aren't toxic and it's only text chat in game (I'm not a big fan of voice chat.) I also like the mods you get when joining a server, especially the choice of characters you can play and the creative maps and gameplay. I have to go through a lot at work and it's pretty stressful. Playing other online games like COD, Halo, CSGO etc. where you got people cursing everyone out if a match doesn't go as well, just doesn't help me (And I'm not that good at some FPS anyways.) Coming back to this game was a good idea. I actually enjoyed and felt relaxed when playing online. Even if I'm the last one to clear an act or if I'm constantly dying on a level, I always find some kind of fun in it. Now I don't want to leave out the single player campaign, it's great! Levels are fun to go through and the boss battles with Robotnik/Eggman are challenging, but fun with me always on the edge of my seat. I'm on Deep Sea Zone Act 1 now and I'm just eager to beat the whole game and maybe try out the Time Trial as well. SRB2 has to be not only one of my favorite fan made games, but possibly one of my favorite games out there. The SRB2 community is great as well! I enjoy checking out peoples forums and answering questions or just talking about the game and anything else Sonic related.

Uhhh, I actually discovered SRB2 back during the 2.1 era (when I was not that really into Sonic then) but it looked like dogshit at time, so, I forget about it and I haven't remember it since until the announcement of the 2.2 update when I was started to actually interest it but then I immediately forgot about it because se I didn't have a PC at the time. BUT THEN, a friend randomly was talking it on Twitter and saying it was "peak" or the "best Sonic fangame". Curious, I downloaded the game and immediately call it trash because the controls were shit and I started complaining about it to my friend about it (who somehow didn't have problem with it) saying it was "unplayable" and stop playing for it weeks at Castle Eggman Act 1 because the controls was starting to pissing me off. Until I discover settings that actually change the control styles (picked Simple btw) and started replaying again until Black Core Act 1 because the boss made ragequit many times (this was at the time, I actually bad at playing video games lol) and again, the same-o thing happened, I beat thing and finished the game and IT was the best Sonic fangame until...... Sonic Omens and blowed my fucking mind lamo (but I still consider SRB2 as the best CLASSIC Sonic fangame & Omens, the best MODERN Sonic fangame).

And now I'm here in 2023, still playing this game BUT ONLY because of the addons, as I begin, losing interest in the game, as I slowly started to realize that the SRB2 community is actually toxic or """cringe""" af (mainly because of Discord) and the developers not listening to the community about certain things and not actually putting actual meaningful updates to the main game, making it kinda dead/in limbo tbh.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back