How close can we get SRB2 to playing like Frontiers (using existing mods)?

Axonic

Hi all!

All the Frontiers hype has me excited for the game, concerns aside. The gameplay is certainly a curiosity, taking elements from previous games and clear inspirations from others. I can't wait to see more!

... No seriously, my patience runs dry from how SEGA & Sonic Team are advertising this game. So to appease my thirst for more Sonic Frontiers content, I began to wonder: using existing mods, how close can we get SRB2 to playing like Sonic Frontiers (at least, going by what we already know)?

Everything from the character(s), to gameplay mechanics, to levels, and smaller things like HUDs and how emeralds are obtained. 3D models included, especially when attempting to make the game  look like Frontiers. I'd love to see what everyone who partakes in this discussion thinks could be the best combination of mods to make SRB2 feel like Somic Team's next big budget title!

A little headstart from my part: keep in mind that Sonic plays closely to his Modern counterpart, having the boost and ability to run up and jump off from walls. There's also all the RPG elements to consider. Add to that the combat elements. As for levels, those with a more "open" approach would be preferable yet that in itself is pretty vague. For now, make of it what you will using what we know of Sonic Frontiers and the games it seems to take inspiration from (BotW and Super Mario Odyssey are worthy inspirations).

Have fun, I look forward to seeing what mod combos everyone comes up with (and giving them a try too)!

You can use Neo Sonic cuz he kinda controlslike Frontiers Sonic, and Sonic Frontiers will have the Drop Dash and NO BOOST

You can use Neo Sonic cuz he kinda controlslike Frontiers Sonic, and Sonic Frontiers will have the Drop Dash and NO BOOST
it...does have a boost. granted, it's not a traditional boost, you can only use it for short bursts of speed at a time, but from what we have seen, it is most definitely a boost.

also i don't think you can really make any real comparisons between frontiers and neo considering...frontiers isn't available to play yet. for all you know they play COMPLETELY differently

Rule 12: Do not bump threads pointlessly. Make sure your post adds something to the discussion.
What about Sonic But New?

Use classic frontiers Sonic,you can find him in the SRB2 workshop

You might still want to give NeoStreak a try, most of the kinks have been ironed out and right now it can Cyloop, boost, drop dash, bounce, lightspeed dash, and stomp like Frontiers Sonic (it's got a rail grind too but it's the one from the mb and it doesn't work like the one in Frontiers all that much. Still, the option is there if you're a move completionist)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back