House

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims

i would rather not
I could explain what House is, but that'd give it away. You're better off just jumping right in.

This is a pretty straight port of my level from the Amateur Stage Design Trials. I'm working on a prettier, extended version but it's not complete yet. I mainly ported it so that I could learn how the new socs and certain linedefs work (Change Music and Run Script work differently in 2.1). As a result, if certain parts of the level feel ugly/incomplete/rushed, that's because they are. I'm still really proud of this level though, and I hope you enjoy it. The screenshots look really ugly, but that's more because at the time I didn't have time to do an art pass. Please give it a try!

Both songs in the game are by Kevin MacLeod. They're both royalty-free under a Creative Commons license, and can be obtained (with plenty of other songs) from here.

Title Screen: Dopplerette
Ingame Music: Ghost Story

Changelist:

• Added new title screen, with music
  • Fixed level sometimes not ending

Version 1.01 (12/23/2014)
  • Fixed an issue regarding a broken linedef

Attachments

• srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 3,008
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 2,642
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,604
  • s_house.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 4,461
Last edited:
I didn't get the time to post my thoughts on the maps during the Amateur Stage Design Trials, but I did play them, and I really loved this map. It's well designed, interesting and clever all at the same time and I love it for that.

Good work! I'm very happy to welcome this to releases.

I have to say it is one of the most creative maps I played! It's funny, creepy and always keeps you in alert. I enjoyed it and loved the idea of ​​it being something "new" for SRB2. Keep it up!

I certainly loved that one too, some neat gimmicks and overall ambience keeps the level interesting even after you complete it for the first time. I'd like to see more levels like this from you :)

I've already started this, and am incredibly intrigued, but I must know: are there any jump scares at all in this level? That is, things that you put in that are intentionally going to come out and freak me out? I don't do well with that stuff at all. It can lead to panic attacks for me sometimes.

I've already started this, and am incredibly intrigued, but I must know: are there any jump scares at all in this level? That is, things that you put in that are intentionally going to come out and freak me out? I don't do well with that stuff at all. It can lead to panic attacks for me sometimes.

No, there aren't.

I had the same fear you do the two times I played this map. Scares like that are the reason I skip over Egg Mansion in Chaos Domain. Like, what the hell, I thought I was playing Sonic, dammit!

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just finished this, and I must say I am incredibly amazed. This was a very unique level to play through. It was shorter than I expected it to be, but it told an amazing story. One that I feel didn't really receive a proper closing, but I've always loved open endings.

...would you ever consider making a sequel? Perhaps one that tells of a second visit to the house if the player chose to leave, or one that tells of the player's escape from the house if they chose to stay. I would love to have a true ending to this as well. I need mooooooore.

Last edited:
Very, very cool map. It constantly surprised me with every turn and overall it just blew my mind.

I was kinda disappointed at the abrupt ending, yet at the same time I feel like the abruptness made it all the more strange/mysterious... I LOVE it!

This level is really, really nice and very unique. I had a blast just figuring out how to just get through it. My only real complaint about this level is that it's kinda short, but the overall feeling and uniqueness really makes up for it.

This, this is actually kinda of frightening. I love it. My only real complaint is that the visuals are a little lacking, but you are aware of this. I am personally fine with it's length, if it was super long it'd be less special.

Love how you got the game to quit itself when you beat it.

I really really enjoyed this level. It's unique from any other I've played, and you really nailed the atmosphere and creativity on this.

That crumbling mirror bit was genius, I had to stop for a second to appreciate that. I can't wait to try it again and take the "leave the house" ending. It was really worth figuring out the whole thing, and it was short enough to where doing so wasn't frustrating but instead intriguing.

EDIT: Another amazing thing about this map is the writing, it's absolutely beautifully articulated.
Just played the leaving the house ending, and it was just as good. I also appreciate the automatic quitting out at the end of the level, it really leaves an impression.

Last edited:
Warever this is, im ready for anithing... ecept horror games that gives me jumpscares

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Sooo... i beated this, and what makes my game is to close, byoriful

With Corrections:Whatever this is, I'm ready for anything... Except horror games, those give me jump scares

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

So... I beat this, and what makes my game is to close, Colorful?/Beautiful?

BTW: I corrected your post

But also, Why in the holy mother of god you aren't allowed to do mistakes and do crazy language!

I really don't know how to respond to it, maybe it is because the moderators and other developers don't like the fact that there are people who say stuff like "Beated" or something dumb like that? I don't know

Back to topic: I figured out how to beat this map, and i must say, lua is very great for maps and characters and with this map, It's just outstanding. Both endings make you feel different about your choices and it just, makes sense.

Oh wow, just played through this. All I can say is that there really needs to be more stuff like this.

I got to the part with the crates. I can't see what to dooooo. I've tried running into every wall possible. XD

---

Nevermind, I managed to figure it out. I did it, and I must say that the mod was an absolute mindfuck. Congratulations, I was literally stumped for a while there. You did a great job, can't wait to see this finished.

Last edited:
This wad... Just, this wad.
It's confusing as heck and I'm very impressed with it. Can anyone say linedef triggers?

I was also so thoroughly creeped out by the end that I noped my way right out of the house. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back