• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Help with WAD creation and Help with WAD addons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY! It's me. And I'm having abit of a problem with WAD editing. My character would be a Red Skined and Blue Colour Thing Shadow with Green Shoes, but I find the programs to complicated. I followed the Tutourials cearfully, but still not a thing. I feel as thogh I could use some assistance, or more easier steps.
Another problem is that I got the Srb2 starter, but I can't get the WAD's to work on the Game Becuase it comes up with something like: File not found. Then it says, Expected in etc. Does anyone know what is wrong with my problem?

A red and blue skinned shadow with green shoes? Fix: Don't make it, recolours suck, end of story. Recolours of recolours suck even more, come up with something original, please :<

As for the second, make sure you extracted everything to the same folder, and don't delete anything :<

Help with Painting My WAD.

Now, I finally got it running, but I dunno how to paint it. I think this is a hard step. I don't know how to colour all the different panels, like the skin. How do I do it? I tried double clicking it but it dosent work. I tried right clocking it, and Right clicking it, and still no use. What is this colouring panel meant to do? How do I activate it? Hw do I colour in the panels of my Character?

Re: Help with Painting My WAD.

Dan_The_Hedgehog said:
Now, I finally got it running, but I dunno how to paint it. I think this is a hard step. I don't know how to colour all the different panels, like the skin. How do I do it? I tried double clicking it but it dosent work. I tried right clocking it, and Right clicking it, and still no use. What is this colouring panel meant to do? How do I activate it? Hw do I colour in the panels of my Character?

If it's the same one that's in your avatar, I suggest you don't even bother making it, you'll only get hatred from 90% of the community if you do, nobody likes a blatant recolour.

Re: Help with Painting My WAD.

cueball61 said:
Dan_The_Hedgehog said:

If it's the same one that's in your avatar, I suggest you don't even bother making it, you'll only get hatred from 90% of the community if you do, nobody likes a blatant recolour.
I think I'm just going to give up. I wan't to make one, but it is just too hard. I feel like I need some help.

No more help needed.

I am fine now. I don't need anymore help as I figures out how to work it. It is working manually now.
And I am sorry for anyone who was angry. I have learnt my lesson now.

The reason for this is that the falling sprites you're using are using uppercase lumpnames. Like so:

PLAYA1
PLAYA2A8
PLAYA3A7
PLAYA4A6
PLAYA5

Whereas they're supposed to be lowercase lump letters.

PLAYa1
PLAYa2a8
PLAYa3a7
PLAYa4a6
PLAYa5

Note that this applies for the falling sprites, and only the falling sprites with uppercase A. The standing sprites are also supposed to use A, but they're supposed to be uppercase.
There's also one other set of sprites that uses lowercase B. But anywho. This can be fixed. Look in XWE's options and check off the one that says "Don't autocapitalize lump names". Also, if you don't see that option there, use this one.

What the hell? Just reread the entire article on the wiki, stop triple posting, and only use the default color. And for the love of god read the rules and FAQ.

You know, if you want to make a recolor go ahead, just don't post it and keep it to your self and maby and family members that may want it.

on Edge said:
What the hell? Just reread the entire article on the wiki, stop triple posting, and only use the default color. And for the love of god read the rules and FAQ.

Way to berate a person who's obviously intelligent and looking for a little help there. Seriously. Don't act like an asshole to people just because they made a small mistake. It's probably his first forum. If that is the case, then he probably didn't notice the Edit button. In which case, it'd've been better if you just linked to the rules & FAQ and suggested that he read those.

Dan, I'd like to advise you, though, that proper forum etiquette is not to use the color function unless necessary. Just a hint for future reference. ;)

Dark Warrior said:
on Edge said:

Way to berate a person who's obviously intelligent and looking for a little help there. Seriously. Don't act like an asshole to people just because they made a small mistake. It's probably his first forum. If that is the case, then he probably didn't notice the Edit button. In which case, it'd've been better if you just linked to the rules & FAQ and suggested that he read those.

Dan, I'd like to advise you, though, that proper forum etiquette is not to use the color function unless necessary. Just a hint for future reference. ;)
Well, Thank you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back