Help with dedicated server

trolocaust

Hello. I'm new to SRB2 and new to starting dedicated servers. I hope I don't come off too noobish or am asking old questions. I was trying to run a server on a raspberry pi virtual machine using this guide: https://pimylifeup.com/srb2-server-raspberry-pi/ and I was able to make it up to the part where I was supposed to run /home/pi/srb2/lsdl2srb2 -dedicated. I was able to do everything else no problem but this one part gave me trouble. In my srb2 folder there is only the data files and a .gitignore file, which has /lsdl2srb2 in it. whenever I run /home/pi/srb2/lsdl2srb2 -dedicated I get the error "bash: ./home/pi/srb2/lsdl2srb2: No such file or directory". If anyone needs more info on what I'm doing I'm open to answer.

What does your output of commands ls -hal /home/pi/srb2/lsdl2srb2 and file -i /home/pi/srb2/lsdl2srb2 say about it?

Hello and thank you for responding. Sorry for taking a bit. This is a school project and I'm not always in school. This is the output:
happybirthday.PNG

It seems "lsdl2srb2" does not exist in "srb2" directory like the output shows.
Copy compiled binaries from path ~/src/srb2/bin/Linux/Release or ~/src/srb2/bin/Linux64/Release like in instructions.

It seems "lsdl2srb2" does not exist in "srb2" directory like the output shows.
Copy compiled binaries from path ~/src/srb2/bin/Linux/Release or ~/src/srb2/bin/Linux64/Release like in instructions.
I did do that. The only file in there was a .gitignore file and nothing else.

Ok. If you really successfully compiled binaries, then they should be in these paths: ~/src/srb2/bin/Linux/Release or ~/src/srb2/bin/Linux64/Release. Were there any error messages showed during compiling?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back