• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Halkel Character Wad in process...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I'd love to see how this'll turn out. Don't listen to all the people here. They dont even KNOW the meaning of clone. *Points to a blue hedgehog with green eyes and red shoes standing next to Sonic*

I have nothing against clones.
If I did, I'd have something against myself. :roll:

Although, I AM thinking of putting on a cap or something...

Dark Warrior said:
ONOES!!11! PH34R T3H ULTIMATE MUV!1!

You do realise that SOCs can't add moves to characters, right?

Yes i do know that, but it adds more stuff to the application, so if someone can use it right, who knows what it can do.

Shades14236 said:
Listen, I'd love to see how this'll turn out. Don't listen to all the people here. They dont even KNOW the meaning of clone. *Points to a blue hedgehog with green eyes and red shoes standing next to Sonic*

I can see that, and Thanks

You're right. Intelligence is.
Another point at which I exceed you.
Because obviously you can't realise how bad this thing is. And that I've seen plenty of these. And that they're pathetic.

Roboashura said:
And that they never get finished.

Well i take my time, I can handle 180 sprites. I don't walk away like you think i do.

SRB2-Playah said:
At least he's doing it himself, as opposed to asking us to do it.
That, I give him credit for.

I've been doing sprites for 2 years and i've been good at it since. That's one reason why i do sprites alone

This
lol2nq.png

I made it :)

Roboashura said:
And that they never get finished.

He won't walk away, if just believes a bit he can do it. Everyone was thinking SMS was just a wad that would never be finished, and now a fully working beta is released! Don't let down the guard that quick!

Super mystic sonic said:
He won't walk away, if just believes a bit he can do it. Everyone was thinking SMS was just a wad that would never be finished, and now a fully working beta is released! Don't let down the guard that quick!

Thanks for your surrport SMS. Right now i'm looking through the SRB2 Wad for the code to make Sonic Super with the chaos emeralds so i can reprogram it to work on Halkel with no emeralds or invincability but the speed stays and infinitive flight time until (like the supers) no more rings or hits an enemy.

Listen, I'm not trying to Insult your character but Dark Warrior has a point. He shares similarities with official characters. Now I'm certainly not saying it's easy to be original, but if you check the message boards, there are a bunch of characters started and not finished that are based on the Sonic sprites. I said to keep this up, eventually you'll come up with something that's recognizable, but for now, he's pretty cliche.

Dark Warrior, you're seriously becoming a jerk. I'm not flaming, but I notice you're not very nice to people who are just starting out. I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, but you seem to be at the root of a lot of arguments. You tend to rattle the newbies. Offer constructive criticism, don't shoot them down. Instead of: "Great, another clone!", try to tell him what it is he can change to make a better character. And another thing, Sonic and Shadow don't have all the same abilities. Shadow was basically created for two reasons, maybe three.

1. If you notice, Sonic and Knuckles have always been the ultimate rivals, but everyone knows that Sonic can run circles around him. Shadow was basically made to see how Sonic would fight someone he couldn't beat with his speed. If you notice, Sonic has beat down every challenge he's come across. He beat Metal Sonic because dispite Metal's speed, he has a very limited computer brain. Shadow's there to show how Sonic would fight himself. But two good guys wouldn't fight. Thus the reason he's a dark clone. (NOT L LITERALLY)

2. Shadow was made to basically show how Sonic would act if he didn't always have to be a good guy. "How would Sonic use is abilities if he didn't always have to save the world?"

3. I don't care what anyone says. Shadow's there to mock Dragonball Z...There is no other reason to have someone that's the same species as the main character and is of "equal" power.

Come on:

156sonadow.jpg

GokuVegetaBuuSagaCard.jpg

Zeshiro said:
Listen, I'm not trying to Insult your character but Dark Warrior has a point. He shares similarities with official characters. Now I'm certainly not saying it's easy to be original, but if you check the message boards, there are a bunch of characters started and not finished that are based on the Sonic sprites. I said to keep this up, eventually you'll come up with something that's recognizable, but for now, he's pretty cliche.

I never really heard of the 'cliche' word... can you explain?

Also... I can't change him any further, I might end up making him look less like a hedgehog unless you have any ideas?

Zeshiro said:
And another thing, Sonic and Shadow don't have all the same abilities. Shadow was basically created for two reasons, maybe three.

1. If you notice, Sonic and Knuckles have always been the ultimate rivals, but everyone knows that Sonic can run circles around him. Shadow was basically made to see how Sonic would fight someone he couldn't beat with his speed. If you notice, Sonic has beat down every challenge he's come across. He beat Metal Sonic because dispite Metal's speed, he has a very limited computer brain. Shadow's there to show how Sonic would fight himself. But two good guys wouldn't fight. Thus the reason he's a dark clone. (NOT L LITERALLY)

2. Shadow was made to basically show how Sonic would act if he didn't always have to be a good guy. "How would Sonic use is abilities if he didn't always have to save the world?"

3. I don't care what anyone says. Shadow's there to mock Dragonball Z...There is no other reason to have someone that's the same species as the main character and is of "equal" power..

I didn't notice that... but your right. Shadow and Sonic are like Goku and Vegeta and it can be mockitive. Their names even show it

Super Sayian Vegita, Super Shadow, Super Sayian Goku, Super Sonic... but i've been thinking... what came first? Super Sonic or Super Sayian Goku?

Dragonball Z, as far as know, came before Sonic.

-EDIT-
The whole going Super thing is based on a Chinese myth. And Super Sonic probably was based on this too, but the fact is, there was no Shadow until this got popular.

Zeshiro said:
Dark Warrior, you're seriously becoming a jerk. I'm not flaming, but I notice you're not very nice to people who are just starting out. I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, but you seem to be at the root of a lot of arguments. You tend to rattle the newbies. Offer constructive criticism, don't shoot them down. Instead of: "Great, another clone!", try to tell him what it is he can change to make a better character. And another thing, Sonic and Shadow don't have all the same abilities. Shadow was basically created for two reasons, maybe three.

It's high time that the n00bs ACTUALLY think for themselves. By now it's clear that Sonic/Shadow clones are EXTREMELY frowned upon. I should not have to hold these people's hands through these processes. There's a difference between not knowing HOW to do something, and not thinking. I'm more than willing to help someone who really doesn't know how to do something, than someone who won't use his brain and do something creative. I wouldn't be complaining if this was made from scratch. But it isn't. It's entirely remade from something else. Only a very few characters can pull that off (Being Mighty and Shadow), and only then, if they're done right. This is not an exception.

moron above said:
It's high time that the n00bs ACTUALLY think for themselves. By now it's clear that Sonic/Shadow clones are EXTREMELY frowned upon. I should not have to hold these people's hands through these processes. There's a difference between not knowing HOW to do something, and not thinking. I'm more than willing to help someone who really doesn't know how to do something, than someone who won't use his brain and do something creative. I wouldn't be complaining if this was made from scratch. But it isn't. It's entirely remade from something else. Only a very few characters can pull that off (Being Mighty and Shadow), and only then, if they're done right. This is not an exception.

Look who's talking, your the biggest i've seen, and n00b is not in my coolest fancharacter reward so you can quit the tough behaviour.

I'll give you a lesson on clones, Improvements and Species

Species: Type of animal (Sonic, Halkel and Shadow are Hedgehog)
Clones: A person with the same abilities, and personalities of the original (Shadow has 5 clones, one with yellow tinting, and four mecha ones.)
Improvements: A person with the same abilities but with something extra (Shadow has all of Sonic's skills but Shadow has some extras like Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back