• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone Restored: 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Oh I've got to you this....someone found out how to make an actual loop!

If by actual loop, do you mean;

They build smooth tilting structures,
They make tons of FOF's for the ceiling part of it,
Then they make a zoom tube that goes all the way around it starting and ending at the start and end of the loop?

Because That's not exactly a loop...

Crüsäder said:
Regardless, this has already been done. And in ACTUAL 3D instead of a linear path. SA2, anybody?
Exactly! It has been done before, and that SA2's Green Hill Zone had more of 3d-esque feeling. Do yours like that!

WAD master said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Oh I've got to you this....someone found out how to make an actual loop!

If by actual loop, do you mean;

They build smooth tilting structures,
They make tons of FOF's for the ceiling part of it,
Then they make a zoom tube that goes all the way around it starting and ending at the start and end of the loop?

Because That's not exactly a loop...
It's invisible... but with a little more work , it will look like an actual loop. It already acts like an actual Sonic loop de loop. What you listed basically said Sonic loop de loop, so why are you not calling that a loop?

Guys, just let this topic die. It's my first work, I'm not proud of it, and honestly it's a shame to the whole of the SRB2 forums. Exact duplicates of 2D levels DON'T WORK in 3D. Agreed, there were some good points (No AFALL and a proper Thok Barrier) but on the whole it's a horrible map and should never see the light of day again. Not even if I set it to 2D mode.

Seriously, what was I thinking? Match does not bode well in a single-width level with absolutely no turns, and works a lot worse when there are infinite WOPs on the map. Death jump instead of S-curves is the worst possible way to end a level.

Please, let me have my dignity by not ever letting this topic pop up again. If I was someone else giving this a rating, I'd seriously give it a .5 out of ten for having no AFALL at all in the first level. It's that horrible.

One thing, why doesn't anyone use in all 3 dimensions? Ya know, forward, back, left, right, going up, going down. Like the one is SA2B when you get all the emblems? It's more fun!!! Instead of a single straightaway where someone very skilled could complete in like the time it takes to complete GFZ1, and use the one I mentioned which could take longer for them. Not saying "Make this for me," but add more variety, creativity, and most importantly, originality to your maps/remakes.

Aw shoot, I've already half made a Green hill zone act 2 too, I'm at the point of those floating platforms near the checkpoint :(. I didn't steal it from anyone's ideas, it's just being my version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back