• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Zone Restored: 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boinciel said:
Well, I'm almost done. Where is the Zoom Tube, and is it an item or a wall setting?

Zoom tubes are starting/ending sectors with waypoints dictated by things called Zoom Tube Waypoints.

Do you use SRB2Doombuilder? If so, go to Tools>Effects for the Zoom Tube wizard. This should make it easy to do a zoom tube.

Act 2 has reached about 7% completedness, so I have made a demo of what it is so far.

Clicky!

Some of you will not test it without screenies, so here are two.

srb20013om5.png
Dselys5.png

This time I put the text and other edits in first.

srb20014kl9.png
ag5KZq9.png

What kind of shield gives no ability in a level without swimmable water? Why, a water shield of course! Great for getting closer to the real GHZ! (Also because it's blue)

Last edited:
I really like these levels. Keep going. 1 thing.

Set the stage tunes to 'tunes 45' This music is the green hill zone music from the real level

I did set the music to #45. It's a MIDI, so it sounds a bit different. I'll check it again right when I start working on the level, which is right now.

I made a wad like this, "GREENHILL-v1.2.0.wad"... Its really old though, its still on my site... Not that you all care... Any way, back on topic, This is a nice wad telling bye the screens. I have yet to try it, because my PC isn't working. And I am on my iMac, But i will try it on my little brother's PC later.

So far, I'm at the place where the most people die in Act 2: The moving passable spike platforms! Just to make it a bit easier, they won't let you pass through or move, but in Normal difficulty or harder there will be Jettysyns! (As soon as I get back to it. Not implemented in this demo.)

New Demo! Also on front page.

There is a checkpoint like the game.

Also, I can't seem to open the WAD in SRB2Builder. I'm sticking with Doom Builder for now.

Just to say if you've forgotten, when you get to the giant slope part in ghz2 (where the swing should be) when you go backwards to get those ring and shield boxes there are also breakable walls in the way, you probably already know but I'm just reminding you. Also i think adding that swing in would look good.

Yeah, I'm going to add in scenery in the later demos.

I doubt that the swing can be programmed in, since all the platforms can do is move up and down. I tried to put breakable walls and failed. I'll try again, I guess.

3 day bump, and a progress update.

I have decided to discontinue this project. I have another level in the works called "Daunting Desert" and I will not release it until I have a bit more scenery than just a pit and a river. This has been a great experience for me, and I hope others will follow in my footsteps. It breaks my heart to have to end it when others were looking forward to it, but I have been convinced by the multitude that others have done this much better than me.

End sign added. Final release.

It lacks a bit of scenery, yes, but the basic design is there. Now I won't have to be restricted by what the original level looked like, and I won't have to use Kega Fusion to progress through the level. Until a beta release of Daunting Desert, farewell.

A shame, but its your opinion, however next time could you please not call something like this a progress update XD.

Well, I added an end zone for those who want to go onto the GFZ boss after. That has to count for something.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Boinciel said:
Pointless-Megaquote
Excuse me Boinceil, but could you re-upload your Green Hill Zone wad, because the link you have there is broken. When I click I go to Sendspace, but it says the file couldn't be found. So could you please re-upload it?

Our friend said:
9. Don't bump topics pointlessly. If a topic is more than three weeks old, ask yourself whether your post adds to the conversation or you have a good reason to post in the old topic. The following are _NOT_ good reasons:

* Asking the author to reupload a file with a broken link.
* Frivolous statements like "This is cool."

This topic was 4 months old.
If you want it, go PM Boinciel asking for it, instead of bumping ancient topics that are left to rot.

Boinciel said:
I warn you, it's really horrible. I hate this level and I made it, so... Where does that leave everyone else?

Just so more people won't ask for it, http://www.sendspace.com/file/bacjfn
  • Actually, that was sweet! An exact 3D replica except it didn't have the loops which was a great dissapointment... But if you plan to remake it, remember this. Go freely with it since it was a 2D level. Add more of a 3D feeling to it... Oh I've got to you this....someone found out how to make an actual loop!
P.S. If you remake this, add the wrecker checker ball boss.... It would be for our best interest in the wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back