• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green Hill Remake & Marble Zone Remake

2023-02-24_17-50-38.png

Post automatically merged:

It is more correct to call my map sonic mania, since I liked this version of the map more, it is larger and more diverse. The only thing I do not know is whether it will fit and what optimization will be.The test version of the map will be released when I finish the middle level of the map.

Last edited:
Looks good, but I think you should make it a bit longer so that players won't be able to just jump over it and skip
You can, but I don't think that something will prevent you from jumping over it, except that there will be less desire to do it

Looks good, but I think you should make it a bit longer so that players won't be able to just jump over it and skip
another thing is if you use zoom tube, then nothing depends on you

this loop de loop right here. makes me real happy im not sure why its just a really nice loop like idk the circle cut out in the middle looks perfect like its not polygonal its a perfect circle which makes the perfect loop. 20/10 would loop again.
This loop is my many hours of work, which has been corrected many times, and I also tried to make it optimized and round. I took into account the proportions to make it cute, but this is not the final version, I also plan to make a spiral

From this photo I took the approximate proportions from the loop
2022-11-13_13-39-46.png

Last edited:
The very idea of the waterfall is taken from here, but it is difficult to implement it in places with places, since they block the view of the landscape
images (2).jpg

I'm making a skybox for the underground level (only knuckles can pass it)
srb20035.png

skybox in the skybox, it remains to make water and the effect of moving stalagmites during the jump.
srb20017.gif

New clouds. Later I will change the rocks that have a lot of red color
srb20000.png

srb20002.png

I think this is the best option, the idea is taken from the cutscene of sonic mania
srb20003.png

Here is the fourth version of the sky, what do you think is the best option?
srb20004.png

Last edited:
Here is the fourth version of the sky, what do you think is the best option?
They're all nice, but the original light blue one looks the best to me followed by the second image in this post with the white clouds. The first is too dark and grim, the third is too cartoonie and doesn't mesh with the rest of the artstyle, and the 4th is a bit too round. I think the redrawn skybox is a huge downgrade to the original too, but might just come down to preference in artstyles.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back