Could there be any command to invert the Walk key? As in, you walking by default and holding the key to run.
Also, the bosses should have more health or something; They're ridiculously weak.
EDIT: By the way, there's a bug in which the Glock's alt-fire is broken and the bullet doesn't pop up; The ammo goes down but nothing hits.
Freeman now has proper renders (textures by sanicblock.)
Character support has been extended to be able to get their current weapon and such
Freeman can now see the health status of everyone (and what everyone is carrying)
Finally overhauled the weapon definition system
Attached a "weapon addition mod" as a basic show-off as to how to utilize it (this is so basic, infact, that you need to load Freeman first to use it)...
heya, i wanted to say i've only been playing this mod for like, 30 minutes, but it already feels incredible and is genuinely a ton of fun
main reason as to why i'm making this post though is because walking on this spot in THZ2 gives this debug message in console (the ones about texture indexing), so i figured that i should report it
heya, i wanted to say i've only been playing this mod for like, 30 minutes, but it already feels incredible and is genuinely a ton of fun
main reason as to why i'm making this post though is because walking on this spot in THZ2 gives this debug message in console (the ones about texture indexing), so i figured that i should report it View attachment 170808
so I've been playing the new update and imo the badnik health are still pretty bad
the Crawlas take around 4-6 shots from the basic pistol 4 for blue and 6 for red (blue Crawlas are a non-issue so them taking 4 hits when you can just avoid them is fine, but red Crawlas are more of a nuisance especially with them taking 6 shots
(also levelpacks that mostly use them become kind of a pain)
the Spring Shells takes 8 shots
(which brings up my issue about how enemies just have more hp because they show up later in the game. in this case it's still a non-issue like the blue crawla but imo THESE guys taking 6 shots with red cCawlas taking 4 would've been preferred
both buzzes take 3 shots. ngl I actually like this. they become a somewhat threat without it being tedious (unlike in v0.91)
detons now take a single shot to kill. it wasn't like this in v91 iirc. but I'm glad it doesn't work like that anymore
3 for 3 health thingies I like is the Jet Jaw. it takes two shots to kill and imo it fits perfectly with both its design and mechanics
AAANNND the good vibes come to an end with Crushstacean and that it felt like I missed more of my shots due to the small hitbox where bullets actually register.
(for some reason none of the guns had a crosshair and it made aiming even more of a pain in the ass)
but looking back at the footage I think it's around 7...? for being a moderate threat level badnik them taking this much ammo is a bit overkill
good ol Lanc-A-Bot. takes around 8-12 shots. unlike with the Crushstacean the larger hitbox makes it easier to actually hit the damn thing.
(I do think the health is a little too much tho. maybe just 10? idk)
Egg Gaurd is one of the most OP characters in base game Srb2. in this case they don't take damage to guns until their shield is dropped. and then they die in 1-2 hits
(also throwing a grenade at them will make them drop their shield. and using the timed explosives on the shield causes it to break until you reload the level)
even as a free man I hate this enemy
Robo-Hood takes around 5 hits from the starter pistol (ie. the weapon I've been using to review these) there really isn't much of an isse with them other than the fact that there isn't a way to tell if you hit something other than a small effect you can't even see from far enough away
Post automatically merged:
2/3
Green Snapper... I fucking hate this thing. they take a hell of a lot of ammo to kill, and they run at you like a freight train. so, you have to deal with them at a distance. but doing that brings up the fact that the crosshairs are gone and there are no way to tell if you actually hit anything other than a barely noticeable hit effect. also I hate how the guns repeat their "inspect" animation after no time passing at all and it bugs the shit out of me
actually, I go nothing with this one, they share the same health as a red Crawla and other than the fact that they have spikes that they shoot at you.
so idk repeat what I said there but here with the Unidus instead
Pyre Fly takes EIGHT shots to kill... WHAT THE FUCK?!? these sleezy glass litter assholes don't need this much HP
Oddly enough the flynstone bird having this much HP is fine to me since you can sorta go ahead without needing to actually interact with them.
(I forgor to get footage of the bomber badnik)
I got nothing, maybe have 6 hp instead of 8? but other than that I have no issues
both holiday badniks take 5 hits. like the snailer, I think it should take less of a currently finite resource to remove them
(maybe blue Crawla health? idk)
I actually kinda like this one too bad the bees ALSO take 5 shots...
Post automatically merged:
3/3
tried grabbing a clip of the Draggonbomber but trying to aim at it while it got too annoying
Bumblebore takes around 4 hits. for their size and how they die after attacking once, 4 feels a little too much
I also forgot to get a clip of the Sdurf, yellow spring shell, blue Crushstacean, the jettys and Crawla Commander. a 4th part may be needed
GOOOMBAAA
(takes 5 hits. I'd say something about how the easiest enemy in fiction shouldn't be like this but it weirdly fits so eh)
Sdurf takes 2 hits, but then again you can for the most part completely ignore them
water mines take 1 hit, then again if it took more than that then just bumping into them would be more affective at removing them
idk how many hits it takes to kill a minus, because actually getting it in a spot to be shot at is...
(at least I got this gif out of it)
keeping to weird shit...
also return of that "gordon moves his guns around like toys if you don't shoot with them" I mention earlier
pop up turret, takes around 4 hits, isn't much of an issue because it doesn't really move and has a cooldown period (unlike robo-hood)
jetty bomber takes around 7-8 hits. that's just WAY too much. for an enemy that moves this erratically while also trying to get up in your business feels cruel
OH MY GOD I FUCKING HATE THE CRAWLA COMMANDER. it takes seven god damn hits to kill the bastard while it flies around like am absolute bitch ass motherfucker while constantly lunging at you
on top of a lack of crosshair and no way to tell if you're actually doing damage. even having a the pice of shit not moving like a maniac to actually get the shot requirement still felt like a chore
I try to keep my crashouts to a minimum. but holy damn I hate this blue ... I ran out of swear words and I don't want to repeat.
I hate the crawla commander.
anyways... the shift to a lighter note.
the more I see this addon the more I want to recreate the entire half life campaign (or at least uplink)
hey, the mod handles great and the sound design is excellent, but i can't see the sprites for the weapons or impacts or explosions or grenades. no idea what could could cause this. everything else works great though.
so I've been playing the new update and imo the badnik health are still pretty bad
the Crawlas take around 4-6 shots from the basic pistol 4 for blue and 6 for red (blue Crawlas are a non-issue so them taking 4 hits when you can just avoid them is fine, but red Crawlas are more of a nuisance especially with them taking 6 shots
(also levelpacks that mostly use them become kind of a pain) View attachment 170829View attachment 170830
the Spring Shells takes 8 shots
(which brings up my issue about how enemies just have more hp because they show up later in the game. in this case it's still a non-issue like the blue crawla but imo THESE guys taking 6 shots with red cCawlas taking 4 would've been preferred View attachment 170831
both buzzes take 3 shots. ngl I actually like this. they become a somewhat threat without it being tedious (unlike in v0.91) View attachment 170832
detons now take a single shot to kill. it wasn't like this in v91 iirc. but I'm glad it doesn't work like that anymore View attachment 170833
3 for 3 health thingies I like is the Jet Jaw. it takes two shots to kill and imo it fits perfectly with both its design and mechanics View attachment 170834
AAANNND the good vibes come to an end with Crushstacean and that it felt like I missed more of my shots due to the small hitbox where bullets actually register.
(for some reason none of the guns had a crosshair and it made aiming even more of a pain in the ass)
but looking back at the footage I think it's around 7...? for being a moderate threat level badnik them taking this much ammo is a bit overkill View attachment 170835
good ol Lanc-A-Bot. takes around 8-12 shots. unlike with the Crushstacean the larger hitbox makes it easier to actually hit the damn thing.
(I do think the health is a little too much tho. maybe just 10? idk) View attachment 170836
Egg Gaurd is one of the most OP characters in base game Srb2. in this case they don't take damage to guns until their shield is dropped. and then they die in 1-2 hits
(also throwing a grenade at them will make them drop their shield. and using the timed explosives on the shield causes it to break until you reload the level) View attachment 170837
even as a free man I hate this enemy
Robo-Hood takes around 5 hits from the starter pistol (ie. the weapon I've been using to review these) there really isn't much of an isse with them other than the fact that there isn't a way to tell if you hit something other than a small effect you can't even see from far enough away View attachment 170838
Post automatically merged:
2/3
Green Snapper... I fucking hate this thing. they take a hell of a lot of ammo to kill, and they run at you like a freight train. so, you have to deal with them at a distance. but doing that brings up the fact that the crosshairs are gone and there are no way to tell if you actually hit anything other than a barely noticeable hit effect. also I hate how the guns repeat their "inspect" animation after no time passing at all and it bugs the shit out of me View attachment 170840
actually, I go nothing with this one, they share the same health as a red Crawla and other than the fact that they have spikes that they shoot at you.
so idk repeat what I said there but here with the Unidus instead View attachment 170841
Pyre Fly takes EIGHT shots to kill... WHAT THE FUCK?!? these sleezy glass litter assholes don't need this much HP View attachment 170842
Oddly enough the flynstone bird having this much HP is fine to me since you can sorta go ahead without needing to actually interact with them.
(I forgor to get footage of the bomber badnik) View attachment 170843
I got nothing, maybe have 6 hp instead of 8? but other than that I have no issues View attachment 170844
both holiday badniks take 5 hits. like the snailer, I think it should take less of a currently finite resource to remove them
(maybe blue Crawla health? idk) View attachment 170845View attachment 170846
I actually kinda like this one too bad the bees ALSO take 5 shots... View attachment 170849
Post automatically merged:
3/3
tried grabbing a clip of the Draggonbomber but trying to aim at it while it got too annoying
Bumblebore takes around 4 hits. for their size and how they die after attacking once, 4 feels a little too much View attachment 170852
I also forgot to get a clip of the Sdurf, yellow spring shell, blue Crushstacean, the jettys and Crawla Commander. a 4th part may be needed
GOOOMBAAA
(takes 5 hits. I'd say something about how the easiest enemy in fiction shouldn't be like this but it weirdly fits so eh) View attachment 170853
Post automatically merged:
Sdurf takes 2 hits, but then again you can for the most part completely ignore them View attachment 170860
water mines take 1 hit, then again if it took more than that then just bumping into them would be more affective at removing them View attachment 170861
idk how many hits it takes to kill a minus, because actually getting it in a spot to be shot at is...
(at least I got this gif out of it) View attachment 170862
keeping to weird shit...
also return of that "gordon moves his guns around like toys if you don't shoot with them" I mention earlier View attachment 170863
pop up turret, takes around 4 hits, isn't much of an issue because it doesn't really move and has a cooldown period (unlike robo-hood) View attachment 170864
jetty bomber takes around 7-8 hits. that's just WAY too much. for an enemy that moves this erratically while also trying to get up in your business feels cruel View attachment 170865
OH MY GOD I FUCKING HATE THE CRAWLA COMMANDER. it takes seven god damn hits to kill the bastard while it flies around like am absolute bitch ass motherfucker while constantly lunging at you
on top of a lack of crosshair and no way to tell if you're actually doing damage. even having a the pice of shit not moving like a maniac to actually get the shot requirement still felt like a chore View attachment 170871
I try to keep my crashouts to a minimum. but holy damn I hate this blue ... I ran out of swear words and I don't want to repeat.
I hate the crawla commander.
anyways... the shift to a lighter note.
the more I see this addon the more I want to recreate the entire half life campaign (or at least uplink)
Made sure to actually verify that Freeman players are actually Freeman players before doing things to them (What a fantastic idea, why didn't I think of that?!)
Messages can now tick through without needing to be Gordon first
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.