• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

I generally do not care about the sprite looks, as long if it's good or bad, I still play as the character.

I don't know about that myself. Sprites are very important to a character, as without any good sprites the character just feels lacking as a whole. I've seen many wads that are just rips of Sonic Advance fan character sprite sheets with (possibly) overpowered abilities and I've veered away from every single one. I myself don't really like EMWSonic just because of how poorly done the modifications are.

Fm5zPko.png

And now, for something actually usable in a character wad.

Mm, I just noticed: the perspective on your shoes is off. It almost looks like a top-down view, you need to make it a little more level. Your gloves could also use a little work, not exactly sure what to suggest though. Everything else looks great.

How did you manage to do that? Scroll textures linedef? It might look better if you aligned the textures in the skybox.

How did you manage to do that? Scroll textures linedef? It might look better if you aligned the textures in the skybox.

Yes, it's scroll textures. But, yeah, I forgotten to align it before posting that gif. I might reupload one with better alignment.

ContentCreamyFulmar.gif

Fun with linedef types 400 and 439! This took a while to set up but it was all worth it.

Oh look this accidental mapping error gives me a good look at this new skybox;

url]

That mountain texture with that sky reminds me of Palmtree Panic from Sonic CD... either that or my recent escapades in making Genesis mixes are still too fresh of memories...

Either way, looks great so far IMAO.

Are drawn maps acceptable for this thread or are they considered not enough progress?
I don't think anyone's ever considered posting a drawn map instead of a screenshot, but I don't think there would be anything wrong with that.

That mountain texture with that sky reminds me of Palmtree Panic from Sonic CD...

That IS what it is. :P I was just going to use it until I made my own, but I'm lazy and it works fine right now.

Here's a bigger, not animated screenshot because that lets you see everything better:
sjXzZYJ.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back