• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Metal Anyone - Leave your ability to fate, anyone?

If I only had OpenGL..... I've been hyped of that MD2. Anyway, maybe basing of that future MD2 to make the sprites for an future Emerl WAD? (You know, like that project of an Unleashed Sonic...)

If I only had OpenGL..... I've been hyped of that MD2. Anyway, maybe basing of that future MD2 to make the sprites for an future Emerl WAD? (You know, like that project of an Unleashed Sonic...)

All I see is a big Red X. And no, not Robin dressed as that villain...or the second Robin dressed as the villain. I mean the does not exist/invalid/error X.

But I see what you mean. I have done sprites from models before. Some crappy without effort, and some with minimal effort, but I see what you mean. Though some people dislike this method on the forums, saying its the lazy way to get a sprite. Yeah, because Brak Eggman was hand made, so were numerous other sprites SRB2 has right?

All I see is a big Red X. And no, not Robin dressed as that villain...or the second Robin dressed as the villain. I mean the does not exist/invalid/error X.

But I see what you mean. I have done sprites from models before. Some crappy without effort, and some with minimal effort, but I see what you mean. Though some people dislike this method on the forums, saying its the lazy way to get a sprite. Yeah, because Brak Eggman was hand made, so were numerous other sprites SRB2 has right?

Wait, what? I mean of this:
8ZPm2.gif

@agustin
Me gusta este wad. Como se llama?
I like this wad. What's it's name?
(I'm sorry, I'm taking Spanish class and I was bored).

SizzlingSeriousIndusriverdolphin.gif

Storm - floods half of the map

SomeDifferentBlackmamba.gif

Blizzard - some areas become slippery

FastShimmeringAntipodesgreenparakeet.gif

Eruption - lava fills some areas

Some of the events that periodically occur in Climate Chaos Zone.

@agustin
Me gusta este wad. Como se llama?
I like this wad. What's it's name?
(I'm sorry, I'm taking Spanish class and I was bored).

Actually, it's a project of r543, (Beta Version) I'll let ya the Download Link here:

A Random Unleashed Sonic to you, my doctor!

EDIT: It doesn't have the Quick Attack included, it only has the Homing Attack and a Spindash, nothing special. I just charged the Quick Attack LUA to test how can be a Unleashed Sonic with a Quick Attack from SSBB. Get it from here.

I'm actually talking spanish, cuz being in Argentina getted me in his language, and it's like a native language to me (Living 10 years in it has to affect ya someway) :B

Last edited:
If I only had OpenGL.....

What do you even mean by this? OpenGL is a renderer included with the game and the only requirement is r_opengl.dll. Even a 2004 PC should be able to run SRB2 in OpenGL.

Well I literally just finished the Emerl.md2, and should be in submissions tomorrow. (This md2 is pretty good looking, far better then the picture shown earlier, and it was very simple to make). Also, that Sonic 06 model you all want VikingBombs456 to make, will be delayed. Because he was not on skype today when I was supposed to give him the decimated model.

I guess I lied, the surprise for my genesis project is gonna have to wait, the person I am working with is taking a while to get the midis he said he get me to me (I really do not mind though, not only does it give me more time to get off my bum and finally loop the songs, but it gives me time to do some touching up of older mixes).

Anyway, Panic Puppet got an update for the SRB1 remake due to a discovery on MI's midi page (gotta hand it to MI, he has quite the skill in midi making).
Also, Granite Lake (AKA Arid Canyon Act 2's old theme) had been done finally, and I decided to support the un-added stages in the SRB1 remake for fun (so in other words, prepare for The Final Countdown... in genesis format!)

Finally, I'll give some of the surprise. I have decided to split the mod into 4 wads, released in 1 pack. They are as follows:

SRB2_Genesis.wad : The original project, all songs are genesis mixes of SRB2 tunes, with only two non-SRB2 songs thrown in for support of SRB2hub.

Custom_Genesis.wad : Personal version of SRB2 genesis I decided to release anyway: Mainly just has some changes themes, like Arid Canyon Act 1 uses my genesis mix of Gerudo Valley, or the Super theme is a genesis mix of "What I'm Made Of"

Boss_Themes.wad : Not to be added if an unmodded game is wanted, this wad changes the level headers so THZ3, DSZ3, and CEZ3 use their own boss themes, which are Weldar's theme (this was meant to accompany the Grunty Industries themes used in the custom genesis wad), Vs. GUN Mobile, and Fight the Knight.

?_Genesis.wad : Revealing this one would ruin the surprise, so this one is still TBA.

Also, both the unrevealed and SRB2 genesis wads use Lost Colony for SRB2hub and Rainbow Palace (Bomberman 64) for it's cafeteria, mainly because I could not find midis for the songs used in SRB2hub by default.

Also, keep in mind, all songs used in all 4 wads will be genesis remixes, even songs like Fight the Knight in the Boss wad.

Also, I apologize for any bad grammar in this post, it's 12:30 where I am and I am dead tired, yet unable to get to sleep.

What do you even mean by this? OpenGL is a renderer included with the game and the only requirement is r_opengl.dll. Even a 2004 PC should be able to run SRB2 in OpenGL.

Yop, but:

1: I have a netbook from the government :V (His Hard Disk only allows 40 GB of space, and it comes with 10 GB left by default, which is horribly slow ;_;)
2: I haven't any driver. Not even Nvidia.

Ooh it's that. I didn't know he released a beta. From the link you posted though it seems gone.

Yeah, he posted his thread here. And yes, It's gone, I didn't noticed that. But oh well, I think I'll upload it myself and send it to you via PM :B

Last edited:
cx5iO59.png

A sprite. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for, yet, though. She probably wouldn't make a good character wad.

Even though it is just a head, I say complete it, it looks so beautiful, it just needs to be completed. SRB2 needs more variety in its releases. :D

Well now the Emerl Md2 has been perfected, but not yet put into submissions because...
Behold:

Sonic Battle Match maps, coming soon.

Sonic Battle match stages have been tried before, and sucked REALLY bad. Their design does not work in SRB2 at all.

Sonic Battle match stages have been tried before, and sucked REALLY bad. Their design does not work in SRB2 at all.

One person makes cake with eggs, another makes it with ketchup. Different people have different ways of building stuff. From what I've tested in the Green Hill Zone and Battle Highway maps, they seem to fit srb2's style. I do understand what you mean for certain maps like Tails' lab though.

One person makes cake with eggs, another makes it with ketchup. Different people have different ways of building stuff. From what I've tested in the Green Hill Zone and Battle Highway maps, they seem to fit srb2's style. I do understand what you mean for certain maps like Tails' lab though.
Way to miss the entire point. I'm saying that we've seen two ports of Sonic Battle maps in the OLDC to date, and both of them were SO terrible that they're part of the reason basing your stage on something else is now banned in the OLDC. One of those stages was indeed Green Hill, too. Trust me on this one: you're better off making non-symmetrical stages with original designs.

Then I still do not get your point. It's as if saying every sonic sprite is frowned upon because you might not have liked sonicre and sonicegw5. I personally do find playing in these maps fun, and though the others were horrible, does not mean all the future ones will be.

Edit: also out of curiosity I checked the OLDC rules, and it states maps that are based off other levels from different games are allowed, but discouraged. Ports of other map wads that were not yours are banned. It is stated in rule #3.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back