• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Sonic R Mod for 2.0.6

Well after the release of 2.1 since 2.0.6 wads don't work with the new release I decided to show you guys a preview of the new Sonic R mod that I was making (even though it's pointless now since the new release). I worked very very hard on this mod, This mod is really two mods in one, so it is really a Sonic R mod and my own custom mod. I mostly did all of the work on this mod by myself but I would like to thank ManicTh14,TysonTH,Stixter,Flames (for the original Sonic R levels from Srb2riders) and Other people that I forgot. Now this has to be ported all over again...
(This mod was still unfinished so it was in the beta's)

Resort Island
Picture #1
srb20474.png
Picture #2
srb20476.png
Picture #3
srb20477.png
Picture #4
srb20456.png
Picture #5
srb20631.png
Picture #6
srb20475.png
Picture #7
srb20393.png
Picture #8
srb20443.png
Picture #9
xsrb0004.png

Last edited:
Deadpool that looks much more improved than your last version, keep up the good work.

Heres
Radical City

Picture #1
srb20522.png
Picture #2
srb20523.png
Picture #3
srb20524.png
Picture #4
srb20526.png
Picture #5
srb20527.png
Picture #6
srb20528.png

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I don't wanna double post or spam so I put all of the pictures in one place, some levels I didn't take pictures of yet. It's a work in progress theres more Sonic R stuff and other level pictures in the link.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/quTeX3eT/Sonic_R_Mod_Pictures.html

But theres one last thing I wanted to show you guys.
It is the very first South Island level from "Sonic The Fighters." It's not Sonic R but I made it as a bonus match level for my custom mod. This level was originally for a match stage. I made this from scratch, The level is supost to have a soc like meleeweapons.soc when you roll players can get hit, but I was also thinking of adding weapons still not sure.

Picture #1
srb20496.png
Picture #2
srb20497.png
Picture #3
srb20499.png
Picture #4
srb20499.png
Picture #5
srb20501.png
Picture #6
srb20504.png
Picture #7
srb20505.png
Picture #8
srb20506.png
Picture #9
xsrb0001.png
Picture #10
srb20445.png

I have spoiled enough already, now this just needs to be converted to 2.1...

Last edited:
Heres
Radical City

Picture #1
srb20522.png
Picture #2
srb20523.png
Picture #3
srb20524.png
Picture #4
srb20526.png
Picture #5
srb20527.png
Picture #6
srb20528.png

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I don't wanna double post or spam so I put all of the pictures in one place, some levels I didn't take pictures of yet. It's a work in progress theres more Sonic R stuff and other level pictures in the link.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/quTeX3eT/Sonic_R_Mod_Pictures.html

But theres one last thing I wanted to show you guys.
It is the very first South Island level from "Sonic The Fighters." It's not Sonic R but I made it as a bonus match level for my custom mod. This level was originally for a match stage.

Picture #1
srb20496.png
Picture #2
srb20497.png
Picture #3
srb20499.png
Picture #4
srb20499.png
Picture #5
srb20501.png
Picture #6
srb20504.png
Picture #7
srb20505.png
Picture #8
srb20506.png
Picture #9
xsrb0001.png
Picture #10
srb20445.png

I have spoiled enough already, now this just needs to be converted to 2.1...

You..You like making stuff from other games for other games...I like you.

You..You like making stuff from other games for other games...I like you.

Eh theres also original levels I made from scratch that is not from a game. Plus I just ported Sonic R and remastered it. The person who really made the original Sonic R levels from Srb2riders is Flame. People say Sonic R is too short so I had to make other levels.

Last edited:
I was originally thinking of putting this level into the OLDC, but I'm thinking I'll do a stand alone instead while the custom level count for 2.1.2 is low.

srb20006-1.png

the starting point of Emerald Lake act 2 Version 2

Glaber, I steongly sugest gettinga new outer wall texure and some more patters for the walls that are used as the play field. Currently it is really straining on the eyes, because of the color choice and size of the texture and how much it is used.

do you have any texture suggestions? I mean I could probably take the 2.1 route and make an enlarged version for a few spots, and the Color choice was based upon GFZ's walls

do you have any texture suggestions? I mean I could probably take the 2.1 route and make an enlarged version for a few spots, and the Color choice was based upon GFZ's walls

Maybe something like Sapphire Fall's texture, a small more varried version of it's main wall texture. Or maybe add in some diamonds or checkered patterns?

How about looking at the design of the mountain BG you used and try to incorporate that into the map as well.

EDIT: Just add more variation. Larger sizes of your current texture, darker shades too maybe. Thicker vegetation hanging on the sides of the walls so we don't need to see SO MUCH of the pattern itself.

Last edited:
How about looking at the design of the mountain BG you used and try to incorporate that into the map as well.

EDIT: Just add more variation. Larger sizes of your current texture, darker shades too maybe. Thicker vegetation hanging on the sides of the walls so we don't need to see SO MUCH of the pattern itself.

I like that Idea, and lets see, plants on the walls. I can do that.

I'll also take a look at the sapphire falls stuff too.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back