• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

srb20104.gif

The fakest fist in the world, the pistol, and the shotgun. They all make the appropriate sounds too.
I could add more weapons, but now, I need to reintroduce a proper health system...

A fist that's just a shaded sphere, how nice. XD I really hope it doesn't really turn out that way in the finished WAD/Lua script.

So, the idea is to make a Doom mod out of a Doom mod?

Doom WAD out of a Doom modification. It's hard to believe how you manage to go from Doom, a first-person shooter, to a Classic Sonic 3D platforming game. Such amazing coding and programming, huh?

srb20104.gif

The fakest fist in the world, the pistol, and the shotgun. They all make the appropriate sounds too.
I could add more weapons, but now, I need to reintroduce a proper health system...

I like the fist mechanic. I'm sure you can work out the sprite better. Keep it up! I don't really know what is your main purpose, but it's fun.

And now, the community started making flowers all the time and the world ended.

I don't think that's how that works.

If anything the world would get healthier because there's now increased oxygen from the flower population boom.

[GoldCrawla.png]
Now that is just creepy, looks just like this old thing of mine save without the boosters on the side and the caution stripes. :V

Yes, that is a Golden Crawla. They're temporary until I make new sprites, and they're also going to have a slightly cooler behavior than just moving faster than Red Crawlas. I just haven't gotten around to doing either of those things.

Hell, I'd take those sprites (w/ permission, of course) just because it's better than what I have at the moment. :P

Last edited:
srb20089.gif

"I was just wonderin' if you kind sonnies knew anything about makin' it snow at the beach?"

"No, but I know how to end awkward conversations with the elderly!"

(A barrage of falling icicles. Get out of that cave, Chuckles, it's dangerous.)

Someone already made a mod for stopping the time, so I think a mod for slowing down time won't be so hard to do. With that awesome guns mod and a slowing time mod combined (and maybe some sprites of bad guys for crawlas), we will have Max Payne Blast 2!

I hate to burst your bubble, but there's a huge difference between stopping time (Don't do this, this, and this) and slowing time (Do something the same, but slower)

srb20108.gif

A health system! You don't lose rings when you get hit, but that random looking number to the left is health! I jacked up the Crawla's strength for this example, but yeah, once it hits 0, you die. Now to see if I can remove player flinching and invincibility...

Last edited:
I don't think that's how that works.

If anything the world would get healthier because there's now increased oxygen from the flower population boom.
Not if somehow the flowers are artificially produced.
Or, If the flowers all blow up.
Besides, I was joking around.

Last edited:
Looking at those gifs by Sonic 100000 and EvilEternity3000 makes me realize how much visual work my level needs. I may or may not post a screenshot of it in some time.

Anyway, great job you two, those levels both look really neat!

srb20108.gif

A health system! You don't lose rings when you get hit, but that random looking number to the left is health! I jacked up the Crawla's strength for this example, but yeah, once it hits 0, you die. Now to see if I can remove player flinching and invincibility...

First hats, now weapons and health systems.
....D00D64, are you trying to make a TF2 mod?

No, he's recreating Doom, which is a dumb idea if you ask me, but he'll see it through.

srb20109.gif

Crawlas have health! Not a lot, but they still take more than one hit to die!
With the way I set it up, enemies can have different weaknesses and resistances to different projectiles.
So one enemy could resist bullets but be extra weak to explosions, for example.
Now to see if I can fake Doom's original painchance...

srb20090.gif

Work-in-progress walrus badnik that charges at the player. It doesn't slide very well on normal ground, but on slippery terrain, it can move much faster.

srb20090.gif

Work-in-progress walrus badnik that charges at the player. It doesn't slide very well on normal ground, but on slippery terrain, it can move much faster.

Let me guess, it's going to be a penguin

Edit: DERP, my mind just skipped through the "walrus" part

Last edited:
I think it will look like the one I have see in Sparkling Icecap, a bit like in Sonic 3.
A thing I have to say is that you have a good level design and I'm looking forward to play this!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back