GamePad Configuration help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbohog

I'm using Gravis Eliminator GamePad Pro and I need help. Could someone translate y axis to up and down and ect.? Also, can you asiggn jump and other moves to your pad?

Type use_joystick 1 in the console.
It will automatically assign the axes to move forward and back and stuff. You can set the controller buttons in the setup controls menu the same way you do with the keyboard.
I THINK there are settings hidden somewhere in the menus for Joystick sensitivity and which joystick axes do what (Strafing, turning, etc). Shouldn't be too hard to find.

This may sound noobish, but I'm still having problems. I need to take a screenshot so you can know what it says, how do I take a screenshot?

type ` (found top the left of the 1 key) to open up the concel. then type "Bind _ screenshot" where _ is any key you choose.

then press that key you chose and you have a clean screenshot.

All you have to do is this:

go into the console... Type in "bind" then press a key thats on your keyboard that you want a specific function to activate, then Finally, time in your action, like Screenshot or something

so it would be like this for example

Bind s screenshot

Now whenever you press S, it'll take a screenshot :)

all you guys have bad listening skills? He also said about axis setup, not only button setup!

Options -> Setup Controls... -> Setup Joysticks... -> Select Joystick... and pick your joystick, then press Esc to go back to the main joystick menu

here, setup what axises on your joystick to do what

to set up your joystick buttons press Esc at main joystick menu and go up to "Player 1 Controls..."

there, pick the action you want, and press the Enter key, then press the joystick button you want the action on

after you're done, esc out of the menu, and start a game!

You're not supposed to. =P The closest you can get is using the strafe buttons while moving forward.

Diagonals work fine for me... then again, I have an AirFlo with analog sticks.

I think what you want to do is turn on "Analog Control" in the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back