Frustrating moments at SRB2

I think that a frustating moment in SRB2 for me is when in CEZ 3 BOSS make you Lost lives or provocates Game over :dramahog:
Is too frustating

The boss of Castle Eggman Zone is soooo daaang difficult. I got stuck on the boss's second phase of flying around with the tripod of maces because I thought I had to attack him by hitting him directly after bouncing of the spring, not realising that I could reach him by running along the arena's wall.
This boss was the end of many of my runs, even with custom characters, unfortunately on No Save.

This applies to 2.2 only, as I didn't play 2.1 too much and 2.0 even less.

The base game itself wasn't too difficult for me and was overall a fun time (even did an all emeralds file with all 6 base characters.) It started to get a bit more tedious when the extra levels came around to me and Azure Temple showed up, but ATZ within itself isn't too agonizing until you play Knuckles. Knux path in ATZ is probably the most irritating thing I've experienced in vanilla (yes, even worse than Fang emblem/"Knux path" in Aerial Garden.) Nowhere else in SRB2 have I found myself genuinely frustrated to a marginal degree, and I can't stress that enough. It's so bad that to this day I still haven't beaten it legit without a super form or something extra. Highly recommend getting a good grasp on how Knux plays before you try ATZ with him.

I find that SRB2 v2.2 generally does a good job at not being frustrating. There's a big difference between challenging and frustrating and SRB2 usually is firmly in the former category. However, the rope pulley gauntlet at the end of Arid Canyon Act 1 is the definition of frustrating
I always play with Sonic, for many reasons, and from v2.1 until today it is something that has helped me to be much better in the game (not including the fact of playing with Mouse) but I always go fast in Arid Canyon, until I arrive to that part, it is very unenjoyable and honestly, I think that despite not being very difficult, it does not feel fun.

I think that a frustating moment in SRB2 for me is when in CEZ 3 BOSS make you Lost lives or provocates Game over :dramahog:
Is too frustating
The boss of Castle Eggman Zone is soooo daaang difficult. I got stuck on the boss's second phase of flying around with the tripod of maces because I thought I had to attack him by hitting him directly after bouncing of the spring, not realising that I could reach him by running along the arena's wall.
This boss was the end of many of my runs, even with custom characters, unfortunately on No Save.

It was hard for me to begin with, but then I got used to it. I'm not sure how, but I did. I don't blame you guys though. :shitsfree:

Getting the time attack emblem for Azure Temple Zone, even as Tails using the first person camera to quickly move through tight corridors it was incredibly tricky for me to finally get it. Even then I just barely got it, it's hard not to get hit while speeding through the hallways of projectile spitting gargoyles.

This applies to 2.2 only, as I didn't play 2.1 too much and 2.0 even less.

The base game itself wasn't too difficult for me and was overall a fun time (even did an all emeralds file with all 6 base characters.) It started to get a bit more tedious when the extra levels came around to me and Azure Temple showed up, but ATZ within itself isn't too agonizing until you play Knuckles. Knux path in ATZ is probably the most irritating thing I've experienced in vanilla (yes, even worse than Fang emblem/"Knux path" in Aerial Garden.) Nowhere else in SRB2 have I found myself genuinely frustrated to a marginal degree, and I can't stress that enough. It's so bad that to this day I still haven't beaten it legit without a super form or something extra. Highly recommend getting a good grasp on how Knux plays before you try ATZ with him.
The good thing about Knuckles' Azure Temple path is that you can skip it using the bubble shield's bounce ability, letting him take everyone else's path instead. That's what I always do, because Knuckles' path in that level simply isn't fun.

The good thing about Knuckles' Azure Temple path is that you can skip it using the bubble shield's bounce ability, letting him take everyone else's path instead. That's what I always do, because Knuckles' path in that level simply isn't fun.
Azure Temple itself isn't that fun to begin with. Me and my friends were stuck on the stage for an hour in Multi wen I decided to play it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back