FMSRB2 - The Sega Genesis Cover Soundtrack [Work In Progress]

FMSRB2 - The Sega Genesis Cover Soundtrack [Work In Progress] 0.4

Gambit

Gambit submitted a new resource:

FMSRB2 - The Sega Genesis Cover Soundtrack [v0.4] (Work In Progress) - Custom Nostalgic Music Mod with a funky twist!

This is a project that I have been working on on-and-off ever since last summer. It's effectively a "cover album" in the form of a music replacement mod for the vanilla game, with the aim of remaking all songs in the game using a wide range of Sega Genesis/Megadrive-styled instrumentation, mostly geared at classic sonic style music.

These covers were created by me in FL Studio using a mixture of Genny, VOPM, and rom samples. The original MIDIs were used...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
This would go great with Classic Physics, S1 Starpost, Motobug model, etc. when it's finished! I especially love that you seem to pull from Ristar for the Special Stage theme, though I'd prefer you just go all the way with that, as the "Let's go!" seems out of place in my opinion. It might just be because it doesn't sound as bit-crushed as it likely should, but I still think I'd enjoy it being a straight pull from Ristar's style regardless.

One thing I'd love to see done is using specific instruments or sequences to pay homage to similar levels in Sonic's Genesis/CD history; i.e. Greenflower = Green Hill, Techno Hill = Chemical Plant, etc. Even the boss theme sounding similar in structure to S2's Robotnik theme! This is absolutely not a necessity, as this is still really cool for what it is, but I think it'd be a missed opportunity to not do so.

Is this still in development? I recently found this and I love it so far, currently at Deep Sea 1, and I think the music is great

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back