• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Awsome! But you shoudl use the sonic team symbol for the life icon because that's the actual life icon in the game

True, but it doesn't look right in SRB2, besides we have a new life icon that should do nicely.

Have some of the problems been fixed yet? Also the rail in the first level should be made a bit wider at the start, because it is sometimes hard to get in the center of it and not jump on the rails. There are also those strange rings on the second level. Also is this what I am supposed to be fixing?

Well, we havent really added any rails yet, just wind trails, and yes some bugs have been fixed, Im waiting for another update soon.

Re: sonic next gen mod

hyper sonic said:
cool your going to add rails 8)

tell me when your done i can't wait to play it :D

Please, fix your grammar or else the moderators will husnt you down.

I agree with Com.
The levels look cool, but the textures are kinda...ugly. :|

That Sonic just really needs some attention I think...
He looks way too much like a paper drawing going through the 3D enviroments....
Especially with the white outline around him.
Which would be ok if the enviroments also fit with the "Paper cel-shaded" look (Think the Tony Hawk games for the DS to see how this is done correctly) but I don't think SRB2 could do something like that without changing all of the textures and stuff and even then it might not look good...

I can't comment on the levels yet especially just from the pictures cause what looks good in pictures doesn't always play well here (SRB2 Riders, I am looking at YOU!).

The subject of this wad just slighty angers me and just because something can be done doesn't mean that it should be done...
SRB2 does not try to be one of the console Sonic 3D games so why are people constantly pushing for it to be turned into one of them?
Yes, you can kinda recreate levels from those games in SRB2 but why not make your own levels and do something that won't just eventually be considered a total ripoff the game in the end no matter how good it may be?

People here are having the same problem that people that do Halo Machinima these days are having...
Not being original enough.

Thats just my two cents on all of this.

[/endrant]

Re: sonic next gen mod

hyper sonic said:
cool your going to add rails 8)

tell me when your done i can't wait to play it :D

It's cool and all that you think these wads are great, but please if your going to post, post something of use. Don't just say these wads are cool all the time. 8)

Close to deadline. Hurry up!

Also nice screenshots. Im expecting this to shoot up as well as Botanic sancuary did(yes I know I spelled that wrong. DONT SHOOT ME!).

cool wad...

rails? what would they look like? in the wad.

Kroze said:
Which would be ok if the enviroments also fit with the "Paper cel-shaded" look (Think the Tony Hawk games for the DS to see how this is done correctly) but I don't think SRB2 could do something like that without changing all of the textures and stuff and even then it might not look good...I can't comment on the levels yet especially just from the pictures cause what looks good in pictures doesn't always play well here (SRB2 Riders, I am looking at YOU!).

The pictures at the beginning are old, and bad. The white dots are removed, levels other then Kingdom Valley have been made, (and of course, KV got a update.) There are new, better sprites, and there are new enemies and all that.

Yes, you can kinda recreate levels from those games in SRB2 but why not make your own levels and do something that won't just eventually be considered a total ripoff the game in the end no matter how good it may be?

Totally true. RgxSS aims a bit too much at precision of remaking the levels. Just base the level on the next gen one, and make some original stuff now and then. But that choice is to Rgx himself.

People here are having the same problem that people that do Halo Machinima these days are having...
Not being original enough.

If you ask me, remakes of console games always get higher ratings then they deserve. But this final version will actually be fun here.

Super mystic sonic said:
Totally true. RgxSS aims a bit too much at precision of remaking the levels. Just base the level on the next gen one, and make some original stuff now and then. But that choice is to Rgx himself.
If you ask me, remakes of console games always get higher ratings then they deserve. But this final version will actually be fun here.

SMS, you have fjnally earned some respect from me for saying that....
Not that it matters, I just thought I'd let you know.

Dang it, I have to go to my dad's house next weekend! He doesn't have internet access. Even if he did I doubt I would be able to download anything.

Kroze said:
Which would be ok if the enviroments also fit with the "Paper cel-shaded" look (Think the Tony Hawk games for the DS to see how this is done correctly) but I don't think SRB2 could do something like that without changing all of the textures and stuff and even then it might not look good...

Sorry, I have no idea how to make him not look like paper. That is just my art style.

Kroze said:
The subject of this wad just slighty angers me and just because something can be done doesn't mean that it should be done...
SRB2 does not try to be one of the console Sonic 3D games so why are people constantly pushing for it to be turned into one of them?

Well, I do agree with you. This mod is pretty much a rip-off, if thats what you like to call it. At first, my original intention was just to make a Sonic wad with my art done from Flash. I was going to call him Flash-Sonic, but I renamed him because the art stlye was based off the next-gen game. After a few months and weeks, people offered to help or recommend this should be turned into a MOD. So I said, "what the hell!" then I made it into a MOD. No offense, but sometimes what people fail to realize is that they don't appreciate the hard efforts that go into an adaption. Like SRB2 Riders for instance, people just don't understand that the people who are working on it are trying their best to make a good adaption. SRB2 Riders in my opinion is misunderstood and underappreciated. People just take things for granted...

As for the levels, well if its going to be based off the next-gen game,why not make almost exact replicas? I wanted the level designers to try to make an almost exact replica, thats why I constantly check on the levels. Also, I did have some original ideas for levels and mach speed zones, but we should get the adaptions finished before we get to some original stuff.

All I can say at least the MOD isn't a total rip-off with custom sprites and etc.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar errors...

RgxSuperSonic said:
Here some completly new screens for you guys...

Well thats enough for now, this should hold you up until next saturday! :wink:
how will you get sonic to run on the walls and wall kick those floating cubes? I think the level i'm looking forward to the most is the speed water thing level. to make him really fast, you could put about 1 speed monitor on every part after a jump.

Unless we can somehow make a SOC, or someone makes a brand new EXE for this mod, kicking off of walls, or running off of walls seem impossible. As for the cube part, we put springs.

EDIT: Also for the speed, we put wind on the level to force Sonic to run.

camo man said:
RGX, will the red sky in Crisis City be fixed for the public release?

Well, as far as I know, Crisis City will be redone completly...
I don't know if it will be done in time for the release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back