Flame The Dragon

Flame The Dragon 1.3.3

Logan8r

Logan8r#3805
Logan8r submitted a new resource:

Flame The Dragon - Fiery Dragon Champion!

Flame the Dragon!

View attachment 42428
A warrior and champion of dragons, she guards her people with fiery determination, stubbornness, and her fists.

A collab between me, my sister and our friends, to remake our first character mod to be much higher quality, we hope you enjoy!

ABILITIES:

Flame Crash!

View attachment 42429
Press jump again to quickly dive downwards...​

Read more about this resource...

This is absolutely a great character, and I love the overhaul she got!
The abilities, while kind of awkward in concept (I was kinda concerned when I was reading them before trying them out), are actually really fun in execution.
With that out of the way, I want to mention some stuff that I feel could be addressed?
Someone in the Reviews already mentioned it, but Flame does have trouble beating CEZ3, because the method of attacking that boss is... Very awkward, and easy to mess up. weirdly enough, after my first playthrough, I retried CEZ3 and did it nearly flawlessly, with the exception of getting hurt after hitting the boss at one point.

There's some odd aspects I really want to bring up, however:
1) Unlike other characters that get a refresh to their abilities when hanging on Arid Canyon Zone's ropes, Flame's Hover Sparks don't get refreshed.
2) With enough speed-- Say, with Speed Shoes or using the Super Form--, Flame will outrun her own Rocket Jump bursts.
While I know these may not be an issue often-- since one won't always grab speed shoes, turn super, or hang onto those ropes--, they still feel like weird oversights I feel are worth pointing out. Although, her Super Form does have a way of attacking with the Rocket Jump bursts, which did catch me by surprise and seemed fun, but it comes off as a weird feature regardless.
Regardless, she's a really fun character; her sprite work and abilities are great. Everyone who worked on it did a very good job!

Attachments

• srb20022.gif
    srb20022.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 195
  • srb20023.gif
    srb20023.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 194
This is absolutely a great character, and I love the overhaul she got!
The abilities, while kind of awkward in concept (I was kinda concerned when I was reading them before trying them out), are actually really fun in execution.
With that out of the way, I want to mention some stuff that I feel could be addressed?
Someone in the Reviews already mentioned it, but Flame does have trouble beating CEZ3, because the method of attacking that boss is... Very awkward, and easy to mess up. weirdly enough, after my first playthrough, I retried CEZ3 and did it nearly flawlessly, with the exception of getting hurt after hitting the boss at one point.

There's some odd aspects I really want to bring up, however:
1) Unlike other characters that get a refresh to their abilities when hanging on Arid Canyon Zone's ropes, Flame's Hover Sparks don't get refreshed.
2) With enough speed-- Say, with Speed Shoes or using the Super Form--, Flame will outrun her own Rocket Jump bursts.
While I know these may not be an issue often-- since one won't always grab speed shoes, turn super, or hang onto those ropes--, they still feel like weird oversights I feel are worth pointing out. Although, her Super Form does have a way of attacking with the Rocket Jump bursts, which did catch me by surprise and seemed fun, but it comes off as a weird feature regardless.
Regardless, she's a really fun character; her sprite work and abilities are great. Everyone who worked on it did a very good job!
I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the out running your own bursts issues, but I did not know about the rope thing, and have already fixed it on my beta build.

Did Grayvy Guy in the reviews section just call CEZ3 "ECZ3"
smh
(This is in discussion because you cannot reply directly to reviews, and I didnt want to report it lol.)
It's not that hard, its Castle Eggman, not Eggman Castle... honestly
how do you even make that mistake 🙄

Can I Plz Use Your Lava And Fire Invincibility Code And Your Rocket Burst Code? I'll Give Credit.

Logan8r updated Flame The Dragon with a new update entry:

Version 1.1

Grounded Rocket Jump has been nerfed, it now has lower jump height than the normal jump, this should give them both reasons to be used.
Flame should no longer out run her Grounded Rocket Jumps with speed shoes or super forms.
Hanging on ropes now refreshes her abilities.
New Battle mode balancing, it probably still needs work.
Added HOLD sprites
And that's all I can think of atm, I'm probably forgetting something lol

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.2

- Flame now has new trails and effects that make use of blending. built off of the Smooth speed trail from MRCE [Reusable]
- She now break that one floor in hollow hill.
-Her fireballs now explode, which is a buff to her battle ability, it felt like she had a hard time hitting people with it because they slip between the fireballs.
-And I have removed her flip code, it was cool and I would like to bring it back someday, but atm it keeps glitching and uncurling me, especially in chaos mode.

YESSSSSSS! No longer do I have to use the weak 2.1 version of Flame, now I get to use the extra-strong 2.2 version!

...question is, is she still fireproof...?

Version 1.3

This update fixes a lot of bugs and makes Flame's mechanics more consistent. Special thanks to Photon from the OS for finding a lot of these lol.

- Fixed being carried setting your dive charge to below it's starting number.
- Super Rocketspark sprites now match your super color.
- Forward launches no longer makes you burst at the same time.
- Forward launches can now consistently re-dive.
- Forward launches now consistently applies Smooth Speed Trails.
- Launching now resets partial dive...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back