editing sonic characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get how to add, and edit characters but how do i edit the information file for someone who came with the game (sonic)

If I'm not mistaken, the character configuration for Sonic is embedded into the EXE itself.

You should be able to edit all other character's configurations by opening them up in XWE or another wad editor.

i dont get how to edit sonics "player" information

heres the one i got from shadows file

#Shadow by Donnyku

SRB2 version = 11

Character 0
MenuPosition = 10

Character 1
MenuPosition = 20

Character 2
MenuPosition = 30

Character 4
MenuPosition = 40

Character 5
PlayerName = Shadow
MenuPosition = 50
PicName = SHADCHAR
SKINNAME = SHADOW
Status = 32
PlayerText = fastest
walk on water
easy to
control character,
has a manual homing
attack and can walk
on water.

all i want is to edit sonics

i opened the sonic.plr but it didnt show the information only the sprites

and i didnt really understand what the other guy said -_-"

AkatsukiOwns said:

>.>

Try looking in the EXE in notepad like Jazz said. (be careful not to edit anything in there, if you do srb2 might not work. until you download it again.)

SuperSonic64 said:
AkatsukiOwns said:

>.>

Try looking in the EXE in notepad like Jazz said. (be careful not to edit anything in there, if you do srb2 might not work. until you download it again.)

AkatsukiOwns said:
where in the folder is the exe notepad?

I'll make this easy for him.

SuperSonic64 said:
Try looking in the srb2win.EXE...

...in notepad...

...like Jazz said. (be careful not to change any of the text in the notepad window, if you do srb2 might not work. until you download it again.)

Pay extra attention to the Red parts.

Open exe in notepad? Don't do that. You can look though the source code through notepad though. If you want to make the exe though, that is a different story. I suggest that you don't edit it unless you know some programming.

I suggest you make a separate character, modifying a set character will probably annoy people.

uhhhh....

srry for being an idiot but all i want to do is get my sonic to go super sonic but the information that lets me do that isnt in the plr file and the setting to go super sonic is off

AkatsukiOwns said:
uhhhh....

srry for being an idiot but all i want to do is get my sonic to go super sonic but the information that lets me do that isnt in the plr file and the setting to go super sonic is off

Alright.

1)Copy srb2.srb into another folder
2)rename it to srb2.wad
3)open in xwe
4)go to sprites
5)search SUPTIO
6)save as into folder
7)then put it in your wad!
edit:
8) make sure before you add the
transformation in your wad you
go to lumps and put S_START
load them and put S_END at the end
of your sprites or they wont work.

Simple. No?

Yeah, so? I Wasn't planning on posting it or making a game character out of it. I just wanna know how to do it. xD

Image > Export in XWE.
Export all the sprites in the appropriate plr file. Make sure to back it up first, before opening it. Then edit the sprites and put them in a new wad. Add the wad, there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back