E3 2005 Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

So, I'm sure many of you have seen the new Zelda trailer and the new video game systems, but what opinions do you all have about it.

Personally, I'm not ready for the next generation of video game systems, so I probably won't be buying any of them in the next few years, unless something major like an online Mario Kart game comes out. Sure, the graphics in the new systems are shiny, but shiny graphics just aren't enough to justify a 300 dollar purchase for me anymore.

The new Zelda, Twilight Princess, makes me drool big time. It and the new Fire Emblem are going to be must-buys for me this Christmas season.

How about the rest of you?

Mario Soccer?...
Mario Baseball?...
DDR Mario?...

MARIO PARTY 7?

Why is Nintendo trying to kill off their mascot?

On the other hand, those 2 DS Mario games look actually decent.

Xbox 360: excellent. 'Nuff said.

PS3: Ugly as all heck (especially the controller), but still more powerful than the rest. Only question is, will enough developers make use of that fact for it to matter? Or will that ugly controller make playing the games less pleasant?

Revolution: excellent as well. The back catalog of NES, SNES and N64 games, all downloadable to your console, is ingenious.

Zelda: Having a pain in the rear trying to view movie. Meh. Otherwise, excellent.

DS: Holy carp, they've unveiled a lot more incentive to check this out. I mean... Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga 2! And the 2D Mario platformer looks great too, hope it's lengthy.

Sonic Gems Collection: About dang time they ported Sonic CD and made Sonic Championship more accessible.

E3 2005 as a whole: great start, keep it comin'.

The Revolution and Xbox 360 are undeniably awesome, with the rev's backwards-compatibility and All-Access gaming abilities, and the Xbox 360 graphics are, quite obviously, going to be incredible.

I don't think I like that new Game Boy, But, My head a'sploded over the Revolution. The thing has over 100,000 games available right off the fscking bat! That is mad!!

As for Xbox 360, it seems like a graphics boost to me. Nothing too interesting to me. But then again, as you so well put it, Mystic.....

GAMEPLAY > LOOKS

As for the PS3, DAMN, that thing is powerful! Hopefully it will be used to its potential.
GTA, I'm looking at you.....

firemario1001 said:
Mario Soccer?...
Mario Baseball?...
DDR Mario?...

MARIO PARTY 7?

Why is Nintendo trying to kill off their mascot?

On the other hand, those 2 DS Mario games look actually decent.
Personally, I don't mind the random deviations. I mind that they haven't given us a proper Mario game since 1996. I like Zelda more than Mario, though, so I forgive them at some level.

Mystic said:
they haven't given us a proper Mario game since 1996.

Actually, 2002 if you can count SMS, even though it was a lot like SM64. Off that topic, I'm sad there is *still* no Megaman 9 or other decent Megaman at E3.

bigboi said:
Mystic said:
they haven't given us a proper Mario game since 1996.
Actually, 2002 if you can count SMS, even though it was a lot like SM64. Off that topic, I'm sad there is *still* no Megaman 9 or other decent Megaman at E3.
Super Mario Sunshine really wasn't a lot like Mario 64, though. All the levels felt the same. I can only handle so much beach theme before I get bored of it. Corona Mountain was like, the only stage I liked out of that game, mainly because it was DIFFERENT. Super Mario 64 has a ton of different themes, ideas, and just generally clever gameplay.

I guess I could consider Mario 64 a real Mario game, so lemme rephrase that: "They haven't given us a decent Mario platformer since 1996."

Mystic said:
I guess I could consider Mario 64 a real Mario game, so lemme rephrase that: "They haven't given us a decent Mario platformer since 1996."

Good point.

What happened to my last post? O_O

Ehh, I don't think all of the levels in SMS were beach themed..
The first level was up in the hills, then there was the hotel (beach themed outside, but you were hardly ever out there), and the port-like level (port-like, not beach). And then there was.. umm... uhhh... yeah, the rest is beach themed >.>.

I bet you she plays exactly like Shadow. Heck she even looks like him. I mean for every male character in the Sonic series, they have to give them a female counterpart.

Next thing you know... Mrs. Eggman!

Regardless I think the game's lookin' pretty nifty right now, especially since they claim Sonic and Blaze won't be sharing the same levels.

Speaking of which, I want Gems Collection. NOW. They added Sonic R to the confirmed list, which, while I own it, is still too awesome for words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back