Dynamic Kart HUD

[Open Assets] Dynamic Kart HUD v1.1.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

DirkTheHusky

Team Kinetic RPG
DirkTheHusky submitted a new resource:

Dynamic Kart HUD - Customize your user interface, or build your own!

Dynamic Kart HUD
View attachment 80518

What is Dynamic Kart HUD and what does it do?

Dynamic HUD is a simple addon that rewrites Kart's HUD code from source code into lua. Not only that, but it also adds in a few twists into the main HUD to spice it up a notch. You can even customize your interface through the commands that are listed below.

Dynamic HUD Commands

These commands are mainly used to enable and disable...

Read more about this resource...

Edit: Ignore this part. I read later that the mod support is still minimum. I bring it more up for information purposes for now
Edit 2: Someone else told me the flickering is likely caused by Elimination's HUD features when disabled

Very cool! However, it seems this addon is not playing well with what I have currently on the server. Will investigate later, but wanted to let you know

The biggest issue seems that if I run the game higher than 35 fps UI elements start to flicker extremely. Here's such an example

This seems to occur with the vanilla UI elements because when I turn off dh_time for example the timer starts to flicker.

Running a clean state (no addons, only HUD) works completely fine, so its probably a game modification addon causing this

Actual feedback: Is it possible to also make a toggle for this bugger:
nEaqqxr.png

I dislike it because it blocks your view horribly, and unless I missed a cvar it seems this one is not supported yet! Elimination already does this when enabled, so its probably easy to figure out how its done

Last edited:
Edit: Ignore this part. I read later that the mod support is still minimum. I bring it more up for information purposes for now
Edit 2: Someone else told me the flickering is likely caused by Elimination's HUD features when disabled

Very cool! However, it seems this addon is not playing well with what I have currently on the server. Will investigate later, but wanted to let you know

The biggest issue seems that if I run the game higher than 35 fps UI elements start to flicker extremely. Here's such an example

This seems to occur with the vanilla UI elements because when I turn off dh_time for example the timer starts to flicker.

Running a clean state (no addons, only HUD) works completely fine, so its probably a game modification addon causing this

Actual feedback: Is it possible to also make a toggle for this bugger:
nEaqqxr.png

I dislike it because it blocks your view horribly, and unless I missed a cvar it seems this one is not supported yet! Elimination already does this when enabled, so its probably easy to figure out how its done
It's because some mods disable the time and lap elements for their gametypes and Dynamic HUD disables them as a whole. You may need to disable Dynamic HUD for some specific addons that messes with the game HUD.

DirkTheHusky updated Dynamic Kart HUD with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 - Ability to disable vanilla HUD

Calling this a day one update because I decided to add in a few things that some of you suggested.

- Ability to disable the vanilla HUD is available. Use the same commands on how you would toggle Dynamic HUD's elements.
- Added percentage icon to the Dynamic speedometer's HUD
- Fixed an issue where mini-maps under the 100 pixel height would be off-centered. The issue is still there but the alignment of mini maps is way better.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have an issue where position numbers are never displayed when the addon is on. Even if I disable it in commands, or even if i completely disable the whole mod in commands, position numbers will not show unless I just don't load the addon.
Even if it's the only addon enabled, the same issue applies. I'm not sure what could be causing this so sorry for providing so little info.

I have an issue where position numbers are never displayed when the addon is on. Even if I disable it in commands, or even if i completely disable the whole mod in commands, position numbers will not show unless I just don't load the addon.
Even if it's the only addon enabled, the same issue applies. I'm not sure what could be causing this so sorry for providing so little info.
Don't expect any replies or updates (unless someone else works on this). Dirk has been banned from the SRB2 community.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back