Dummy Ring Bomb for Tails

Dummy Ring Bomb for Tails 2

Voidy2246

✨ Collaborator ✨
Voidy2246 submitted a new resource:

Dummy Ring Bomb for Tails - Might as well release this, right?

While I was bored, I decided to implement something cool for Tails. That's right! His Dummy Ring Bomb attack (most notably) from Sonic '06 makes a return here in SRB2! For those who have played '06, you might notice that it works a bit differently.

First off, pressing Custom 1 while throw the bomb normally. If you gain speed, the bomb will be launched further.

View attachment 43579

Secondly, if you press Custom 2, you'll throw the bomb directly at nearby enemies and...

Read more about this resource...

Voidy2246 updated Dummy Ring Bomb for Tails with a new update entry:

"Ring! Ring!" A New Update

• Collecting all 7 emeralds in either gametype will now give you a one-time notification telling you that you can throw bombs slightly faster when not flying.
  • If either type of bomb is thrown while you're on the ground, Tails will go into a throwing animation that stops you in place. It's good for not running into anything when throwing your bomb at top speed.
  • When either type of bomb is thrown, Tails will have a grunt noise for it like in '06.
  • The bombs can now break...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.There is a warning that shows up, but I do not know if a problem is actually caused by it.
2. Tails probably shouldn't be able to spam throw bombs when flying, maybe a ring bomb per 1 second, these things spread out pretty far you know.
3. It's odd that Tails' ring bombs can break floors but spin-breakable walls.

Attachments

• srb20241.gif
    srb20241.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 264
  • srb20247.png
    srb20247.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 223
1.There is a warning that shows up, but I do not know if a problem is actually caused by it.
2. Tails probably shouldn't be able to spam throw bombs when flying, maybe a ring bomb per 1 second, these things spread out pretty far you know.
3. It's odd that Tails' ring bombs can break floors but spin-breakable walls.
About the warning, that's just because I made the variable start off as "nil" by putting it at the top of the lua. It doesn't take on an actual entity until the bomb is spawned. But trust me, I tested it out many times, and I can assure you it's fine!

The 'Rubber Rings' Update!

- The dummy rings will now bounce around for a little bit before being destroyed. Useful for catching some unsuspecting enemies!
View attachment 46040
- It is now guaranteed that the ring loss sound will play every time the D.R.B explodes.
- The rate at which you can carpet-bomb has been reduced.
- The upgrade notification is formatted a bit differently to accommodate for my upcoming FL Studio Chan mod, who also relies on a notification system.
View attachment 46039...

As Long As You Have Enough Rings! (Part 1)

Here's a small update:
- After further testing, I realized that "All7Emeralds(pw_emeralds)" doesn't work. So now, you'll only be able to upgrade the D.R.B in Singleplayer or Co-op.
- Speaking of which, using the D.R.B in competitive gametypes will now cost some rings use - with regular throws/carpet bombs costing 5 rings, and snipe throws costing 10 rings. For now, you can still use both types of D.R.Bs when you get below 5 or 10 rings, but I plan on fixing that eventually.

As Long As You Have Enough Rings! (Part 2)

- To remove any inconsistencies, D.R.Bs will now also cost rings in Singleplayer and Co-op modes. However, unlike with competitive gametypes, you will suffer no consequences from having a lower ring count than required for each type of throw.
- Speaking of competitive gametypes, each type of throw will now be disabled if you have a lower ring count than required. However, D.R.Bs will be disabled all together if you're in a Hide N' Seek game (since some players won't be moving, it wouldn't be...

The Discount Update

- Collecting all emeralds will now reduce the cost of D.R.Bs! (Along with an edited notification explaining that)
View attachment 51484
Just take a look at the differences! Keep in mind that D.R.Bs will go back to their original pricing if you start up a new game.
View attachment 51485 Regular Throw (Before)
View attachment 51486 Regular Throw (After)
View attachment 51487 Snipe Throw (Before)
View attachment 51488 Snipe Throw...

any chance of a tails adventures version where it's an actual bomb and doesn't have the homing throw but has the normal and flying ones?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back