Drop Dash

Drop Dash v1.2.3

frontiercs

Optimize how you like it.
frontiercs submitted a new resource:

Drop Dash - A 2.2 port of Sapheros' Drop Dash!

This is the 2.2 port of Drop Dash by Sapheros.

View attachment 127101

This ability can be a little tricky to get working correctly, similar to the actual game. You have to release the jump button while jumping, and press it again, holding it until the animation plays, keep in mind that there is a little delay before the ability works like you expect it to.

This Drop Dash is highly dependent on your speed, the faster you are, the faster...​

Read more about this resource...

Hello frontiercs, I found bugs in your mod.
Here is a gif with bugs:
1720609984690.gif

For some reason, the drop dash is saved.
2024-07-10 21-18-30.gif

Here the effect appears if you hold down the drop dash and grab the Tails during this.

Hello again, frontiercs, I have found errors in your fashion again. Only you can update your mod whenever you want, I'm not trying to force you to update it now.
Here is a gif with bugs:

2024-07-10 23-13-39.gif

I decided to explain the gif moments more specifically. In general, if we touch the bubble while holding the drop dash and still hold the drop dash, then after falling to the ground, it will be applied.
1720618618811.gif

If you complete the same thing as with the bubble only on this, then we will have a sprite drob dash, and there will also be sounds produced.
1720618890292.gif

Here, for some reason, drop dash is not reset (I tested it on another character, namely Fang, and his ability was reset). Ordinary water seems to be fine.
1720619187876.gif

If the character starts using drop dash and falls (I do not know what it is called), then after jumping, a drop dash will occur on it (meaning that I click once and a jump should occur, but instead a drop dash). It's better to check the bugs yourself if you have time (maybe this is normal and I just don't understand).
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to throw off this bug too. Here, when you jump and make a drob dash, the next jump will lose the drob dash.
2024-07-10 23-58-35.gif

Last edited:
frontiercs updated Drop Dash with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.2a

- Fixed the Drop Dash being applied on the ground after the player touch the bubble while holding the drop dash and still hold the drop dash.
- Fixed the Drop Dash making sounds spam while Mace Spinning.
- Fixed not resetting the Drop Dash when the player comes in contact with the goop slide.
- Fixed when you jump into the hang rope and hold the Drop Dash in, after you jump off the hang rope, you're still holding the Drop Dash.
- Fixed when jumping into the rollout while in Drop Dash state...

Read the rest of this update entry...

frontiercs updated Drop Dash with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.2a

- Fixed the Drop Dash being applied on the ground after the player touch the bubble while holding the drop dash and still hold the drop dash.
- Fixed the Drop Dash making sounds spam while Mace Spinning.
- Fixed not resetting the Drop Dash when the player comes in contact with the goop slide.
- Fixed when you jump into the hang rope and hold the Drop Dash in, after you jump off the hang rope, you're still holding the Drop Dash.

Read the rest of this update entry...

if your talking about the automated roll pipes used in egg rock zone. I would recommend having the drop dash activated at the end if you hold it down entirely once entering. Sonic Mania DOES have that feature. Where in chemical plant if you enter one of the auto tubes while charging the drop dash and keep it held. Sonic does keep the charge once he leaves the pipe. It's a nice touch. But you HAVE to have your drop dash charged when you enter the pipe. Otherwise it doesn't work.

if your talking about the automated roll pipes used in egg rock zone. I would recommend having the drop dash activated at the end if you hold it down entirely once entering. Sonic Mania DOES have that feature. Where in chemical plant if you enter one of the auto tubes while charging the drop dash and keep it held. Sonic does keep the charge once he leaves the pipe. It's a nice touch. But you HAVE to have your drop dash charged when you enter the pipe. Otherwise it doesn't work.
I checked the pipes in the egg rock zone and you're telling the truth. But if you play as another character and just jump holding the jump button until you exit, and then release it in flight and press it again, then for example Knuckles will be able to apply the ability without touching the floor. This works with all characters as well as shields. I also noticed that there is no blue circle with S in Debug Mode, which makes the character rotate, and the pipes are transparent. I assume that when you fall into the pipes in the egg rock zone, your state does not change and because of this, Sonic can save the drop dash, and other characters can save the jump state.

I checked the pipes in the egg rock zone and you're telling the truth. But if you play as another character and just jump holding the jump button until you exit, and then release it in flight and press it again, then for example Knuckles will be able to apply the ability without touching the floor. This works with all characters as well as shields. I also noticed that there is no blue circle with S in Debug Mode, which makes the character rotate, and the pipes are transparent. I assume that when you fall into the pipes in the egg rock zone, your state does not change and because of this, Sonic can save the drop dash, and other characters can save the jump state.
Ah. Makes sense. Ty for the info.

Back