Do You have a Homebrew Capable PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devezu

Yeah, the title says all. If yes, tell us in detail (CFW, Official, Modchip). And say if you want SRB2 on the PSP! (i would like to make a poll, but it seems two options are too many!

No PSP, don't want SRB2 for PSP.

I'd much rather have that effort spent on the version of SRB2 we already have...

I find my PSP to be really boring when compared to my DS and I don't feel like getting another battery to just get homebrew going.

I understand you guys don't like those systems, but that does not mean that you post in here just to put it down. Don't you guys realize with ports of SRB2 to other systems that more people will come here and SRB2 will be more popular? Maybe we can get more intelligent people. Isn't that what you guys want? Think about it.

I said:
I'd much rather have that effort spent on the version of SRB2 we already have...

I doubt porting SRB2 over to the PSP would make this any more popular, especially if it is a heavily-crippled version compared to our current PC version.

Why don't you spend your time improving, or making new content for the version of SRB2 we already have, instead of making an incomplete port that hardly anyone will ever play?

I have Both PSP (This gen's Game Gear) and the DS. Both unmoded. SRB2PSP interest? I'll tell you after I see how Doom playes on it.

PSP running Firmware 3.03 OE-C, I need to upgrade to the latest hacked firmware soon. :<

I personally don't care for SRB2PSP, it wouldn't have any use for me:
1. I only ever play SRB2 online now.
2. I only ever have a wi-fi connection at home.
3. The above two mean I would only have a use for it at home, where I can play it with a mouse and keyboard in OpenGL on my computer with a higher resolution than any handheld can offer.♠

Sonict said:
I understand you guys don't like those systems, but that does not mean that you post in here just to put it down. Don't you guys realize with ports of SRB2 to other systems that more people will come here and SRB2 will be more popular? Maybe we can get more intelligent people. Isn't that what you guys want? Think about it.
Yes, but also more n00bs. Wasn't there this one topic where someone(BZ, BW, or On Edge, I think)had some solution to the n00b problem that involved not advertising it or something? Does anyone still have the link?

akirahedgehog said:
I find my PSP to be really boring when compared to my DS and I don't feel like getting another battery to just get homebrew going.
The PSP is actually a much better piece of hardware than the DS.
It's got a way faster processor (222Mhz capped and 333Mhz uncapped instead of the DS's 90 Mhz), it's got way more RAM (32MB instead of 4MB) and the storage space is much more than that of the DS.
I don't see why people considers the PSP boring, while more or less it's got the same games of the DS except for the Mario ones.
And I don't really see the usefulness of the two screen, the second one's just a gimmick in my opinion.
Do not want to get a new battery for it? What a stupidity, if I was you I would be the first to get my ass up and write up something for the PSP, geez.
I can agree that Sony is stupid, but Nintendo is as well.
If I am to get something, I'd get the PSP.
Nintendo is costantly putting out underpowered things (even the Wii is).

tails92 said:
akirahedgehog said:
The PSP is actually a much better piece of hardware than the DS.
It's got a way faster processor (222Mhz capped and 333Mhz uncapped instead of the DS's 90 Mhz), it's got way more RAM (32MB instead of 4MB) and the storage space is much more than that of the DS.
I don't see why people considers the PSP boring, while more or less it's got the same games of the DS except for the Mario ones.
And I don't really see the usefulness of the two screen, the second one's just a gimmick in my opinion.
Do not want to get a new battery for it? What a stupidity, if I was you I would be the first to get my ass up and write up something for the PSP, geez.
I can agree that Sony is stupid, but Nintendo is as well.
If I am to get something, I'd get the PSP.
Nintendo is costantly putting out underpowered things (even the Wii is).

I don't care about the power. I find the touch screen to be a lot of fun in many games, and Mario is just a small part of what makes the DS special. Plus all I had to do to get the DS going on homebrew was to get a special card at my local Bestbuy. Messing with a battery just doesn't sound fun to me. And about writing something for the PSP? BORING! DS development may have more limitations but the second screen and touch funtionality really make things more fun.

I'd like to take this moment to remind you all that the title of this thread is "Do You have a Homebrew Capable PSP", not "What is your opinion of the PSP in comparison to the DS". We should return to discussion of PSP homebrew and stop derailing the thread for a godawful debate that will never come to any good end.

As I stated in another thread, I plan on getting a used PSP soon. Probably my friend's PSP, in fact, as he hasn't used it in years. Naturally it's just one firmware version too high to easily exploit it back to 1.5 and install a custom firmware, so I'm going to have to use the pandora's battery trick. I've found several sites detailing hardware hacks to force the battery into service mode (solder a wire between two specific contacts or lift the ground pin on the EEPROM chip, both of which I think I'm capable of doing) so I shouldn't actually need an already homebrew-capable PSP to do it. Any thoughts, PSP homebrew gurus?

I reccommend no soddering! (unless you're a pyro and like danger - liion to the face is no fun - you'll end up like that batman villan). If you need a hacked battery it is better to send it to someone on the NOOBZ forums for free (just shipping/handling). The Memorystick can be done the easy or hard way (The easy, illegal way makes it more fun)

I have a PSP, but it's not homebrew capable. I might get a pandora battery for it though, if I don't decide to get a Video Card. And I see my DS as very boring compared to my PSP. If I get bored of playing games, I watch one of my videos. If I get bored with that, I listen to music. If I get bored of that, I go back to games. The fun never ends.
EDIT: Also, 3.80 m33 came out recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back