Do You Aim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sik said:
Some people just shoot randomly to see if they're lucky and hit somebody, specially when there's a lot of lag.

*looks the other way...

No, seriously, I use mouselook to aim. Not very well, mind you, but I do aim.

Well, I aim, but it's not really "aim" as much as "leading my shots in front of the target and hoping they hit". I'll also frequently force my opponent into a confined area and then I'll aim at them directly.

Obviously, with Rail, everything changes, and precise aim is essential.

Mystic said:
I'll also frequently force my opponent into a confined area and then I'll aim at them directly.
I wonder why I never think in that in a netgame... >_> Except using the teleport and trying to get in a bottomless pit before it triggers, so somebody falls in it XD

I'll Begin said:
God no. The C-Lag down under is horrific. Couldn't aim even if I tried.

I've played on NZTails's server, and uh...America is quite far away from NZ. Don't get THAT bad of C-lag.

Then again, I think he's gotten 20 players on his server before.

I don't really need to aim with the "weapons" I normally use.

Still, when using projectiles, instead of aiming directly the player, calculate the time the shot is going to take to hit the enemy, and predict the enemy's estimated position. Then shoot.

Do I aim? Nope. I don't even use Mouselook or Chasecam off. Just shoot ten shots and hope that one hits.

I only aim when I have a (Xbox 360) gamepad with me (I use the right analog for up/down, triggers for strafe, bumpers for shooting, etc); Mouselook is too loose and awkward, especially with a high-sensitivity Laser non-gaming mouse. Otherwise I just use mouselook, but no actually aiming up/down/ etc.

Like what Mystic said: I usually force my opponent into a confined area and shoot in their direction. The back of the couch in Zim's base zone is an excellent place to do this. Running backward while someone is chasing you is an advantage too, because your rings will reach them faster than their rings will get you.

yes you can.

Code:
ringslinger on/off
it lets you throw rings in coop. i do it all the time when my bots get stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back