DMSC BETA 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's my hugs? I was... kinda... a BETA TESTER...

...Meh. If i can figure out how these 2-D levels work, I'll see if I can make one.

:P

Yeah, and I helped Shuffle with the programming, though he still doesn't seem to understand some rather basic things (to me they're basic, at least. :?) ... After all, I am apparently the programmer of the unofficial SRB2 modding community. :roll: Whatever. Forget me completely if you wish, I didn't do too much anyway. I won't even bother to look at the beta though, as I fear I may try to program it all myself, being disgusted with Shuffle's sloppy work.

Jason the Echidna said:
Yeah, and I helped Shuffle with the programming, though he still doesn't seem to understand some rather basic things (to me they're basic, at least. :?) ... After all, I am apparently the programmer of the unofficial SRB2 modding community. :roll: Whatever. Forget me completely if you wish, I didn't do too much anyway. I won't even bother to look at the beta though, as I fear I may try to program it all myself, being disgusted with Shuffle's sloppy work.

Yes, it is very sloppy. By the way, I do thank you alot for helping me out with this stuff, if it was my topic I would have wrote a thanks to you in the first post. ^^;

If you want people to join netgames via the Master Server, change the version number so that people won't confuse SRB2 for SmashRB2 and visa versa.

Otherwise, this is great! The only real bug I've seen is the camera going wonky when you start or respawn. (Of course, though, I've only played splitscreen, not a netgame...but it works perfectly in splitscreen. ^^;) This is a pretty good concept and I hope you improve on it further, great job!

Its really fun knocking people out into the distance but attacking is still kind of boring. All you can do is Jump or SpinDash. I would suggest adding weapen items like from SSBM.

The basic ability to attack came from SPMoves, Shuffle's been working off of that. In SPMoves it was only active in Adventure mode, I wanted to make Deathmatch in Adventure maps work like they do in Sonic Adventure 2 and such... it didn't work out too well since players couldn't homing attack eachother and the deathmatch arenas were too big and all... It worked great in my little Sonic Battle wad, though. :P

Actually, I think it still only works in adventure mode, all the maps are set to 2D Adventure. ^^;

About the fighting being boring, try playing a 4 or more player netgame, it's lotsa fun then. :D

Jason the Echidna said:
I won't even bother to look at the beta though, as I fear I may try to program it all myself, being disgusted with Shuffle's sloppy work.
You remind me of the Chinese guy from Kill Bill. Don't ask me why.

Spazzo said:
AND FINALLY, TO HOTDOG003:You, hotdog, kept me going. You are my best online friend here, and you kept this baby nurtured until it was ready to go. You, my friend, are my hero. You are the glue holding this community together (inside joke, XD)
*bursts out into insane laughter*
Nice working that in, ol' buddy.

He has a knack to really make things interesting when everyone else is almost asleep, doesn't he? [/inside joke]

Um, guys?
Sorry for the double post, but im looking for some feedback here, like whats done good, what needs inproving, etc.
Also, we could use some ideas for levels and new features and such.

EDIT: WHOAMYGOD 500TH POST!!! *Has A Party*

...back on topic please.
Also, heres a bit a of sneak preview on what to expect with Beta 2:
-Stock mode
-Rings could be health
-More courses
-Custom Textures
-More Characters, Toad fixed
-New Music
-(POSSIBLY) Slopes used as background
-(POSSIBLY) Introduction
-(PROBABLY NOT YET) Touch Fighting
-(PROBABLY NOT YET) Items

Thats most of that DMSC beta 2 will be like, along with a few secrets or so :P

*laughs like an Echidna*
I love how everyone in DMSC's development team seems to be outdated or misinformed.
And my, this seems to be going awefully slowly, though Shuffle certainly updates the source code a lot. ^_~

Spazzo said:
...back on topic please.
Also, heres a bit a of sneak preview on what to expect with Beta 2:
-Stock mode
-Rings could be health
-More courses
-Custom Textures
-More Characters, Toad fixed
-New Music
-(POSSIBLY) Slopes used as background
-(POSSIBLY) Introduction
-(PROBABLY NOT YET) Touch Fighting
-(PROBABLY NOT YET) Items

Thats most of that DMSC beta 2 will be like, along with a few secrets or so :P

What?? I wouldn't expect a stock mode, and there's no WAY rings are going to be health, not on my watch. Slopes will not be used as background, I've already said this and there already IS touch fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back