• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultra-Compressed file size, 19mb to 10mb, I also increased netgame consistentcy, Alpha 2.0 is coming out shortly.

http://mihd.net/m1f7bl

Again, it's recommended that you upgrade, this is the version currently used for netgames, I also added a little something for match too!

(For some reason, my file hoster doesn't like my file name, it's supposed to be dahsworld.zip and dashsworld.wad but it's okay, don't edit the filename or you won't be able to join.)

Can I see some screens? I want to get the more complete version (maybe the beta phase). I'd love to critique your map though. I find that I make better maps when I analyze other's maps.

JEV3 said:
Can I see some screens?
of the match level?

JEV3 said:
I'd love to critique your map though. I find that I make better maps when I analyze other's maps.
Sure, critisism and comments are always accepted, and I need critisism to improve my levels. (:

Why would my level be built wrong if the springs depended on the gravity? There are springs in it already, where do I need to add more? What's wrong with the low gravity?

Is this the map you already released? Whoops, I got confused.

I personally would remove the water part all together and place something more interesting in its place, and don't encompass the entire thing. Break it up a little. (actually working on a map with a similar layout for the contest, I've been trying several things to keep going around outside the main area anything but boring.

i dont realy mind the water part of the level but it could use some air bubbles in it to make it easyer to stay alive, and add more scenery to it (the water part that is)

Sure, I'll make a 3.0 version with more detailed mapping, improved waterways with air bubbles and custom scenery for the entire map, I'll release 3.0 with Dash's World Beta 1, but first I'll have to release a seperate version here for testing.

Keep the comments coming!

Raise the gravity some. The player should have to do _SOME_ platfoming.

Low gravity also messes with the gameplay. It's harder to move accuratly with low gravity, additionally slowing down major wall jumping, drop down, etc. stunts.

I want to try this out, but I don't use OpenGL. It simply doesn't work on my computer/gfx card. How much will I be missing if I use Software?

Not much as of yet, just some OpenGL lighting effects, it is quite beautiful with hardware rendering, the textures look awesome in OpenGL but I suggest you wait for Beta 1 because Beta 1 will have much more material.

Let's see, with Beta 1, you should be getting...16 levels in total, 4 of which are SP, I'm working on the intro cutscene and now it has about.....200% more animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back