• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(Current Project: SRB2 Encore Campaign) Twins uhhhhhhhhhh stuff

Man, I personally hope this level pack becomes the best pack in SRB2! It looks great!

Hey so uh, p r o g r e s s
1648242982582.png

(If you can't tell from this picture it means the campaign is nearly done.)

With the campaign essentially finished, I've been doing misc. stuff like bugfixes and level design tweaks.
srb20695.gif

Included in some level design tweaks are misc. edits that make otherwise unused rooms accessible.
srb20696.gif

All that's left are the SP special stages, if you wanna get an idea about what they'll be like, well.....

- Higher Blue Sphere requirements
- Less Blue Spheres in general
- More Hazards
- Enemies
- Ensuring that you will feel pain and suffering by the 6th special stage (at the time of this post, I haven't gotten to editing SPSS6 and 7 yet) :threat:

The script will need to take more time to formulate, unfortunately.
But on the bright side, the script will not just be compatible with custom characters,

But as many custom characters as you can add.
unknown.png

(Not entirely recommended tho, as adding too many characters will lag the game)

So far, on my end, ~11 or so chars before the game starts to eat it. But your mileage may vary, depending on your computer.
Does that include vanilla characters? Or is that just for modded characters? Also, can we at least have a demo of what's included currently? Even the Mystic Realm Community Edition has a download for the latest beta version, v0.2.4. I honestly have faith in this level pack becoming great.

For the character issue, I'm not surprised that the game will lag. It lags enough for me.
But for the download issue, that's just complete bull crap. Other map pack mods gave us access to a demo, even the team behind MRCE does.

For the character issue, I'm not surprised that the game will lag. It lags enough for me.
But for the download issue, that's just complete bull crap. Other map pack mods gave us access to a demo, even the team behind MRCE does.
I think you're misunderstanding what he's saying. Let me re-word it for you:
Progress on the mod, from what he's saying, is almost complete. So! if you're about to get the full thing soon, why would you wait for a demo instead?
Something like MRCE is *far* from being complete. The current demo version is v0.2.4. It's barely a fourth of the way to a full v1.0.0 still! You can see what I mean, yeah?
Unless I'm also misunderstanding what you're saying.

Now this is worth training in Ultimate Mode for! Can't wait to try it out.
also if blue fire is scientifically hotter than regular fire does that mean all of the fire hazards in RVZ will be insta-kills?

oh and the custom chars support is sick, can't wait to use extra life with this :troll:

I am pretty excited about this mod! but I got a question, are we going to be able to turn off the encore mechanic (the character changing one) and be able to play the encore levels without it or will it be obligatory to play with it.

I am pretty excited about this mod! but I got a question, are we going to be able to turn off the encore mechanic (the character changing one) and be able to play the encore levels without it or will it be obligatory to play with it.
Encore Mechanics are optional, if you wanna play through the Encore Campaign with vanilla mechanics, you can definitely do so.
Post automatically merged:

GENERAL POST ABOUT ENCORE MODE.

making this just in case people coming from the kiryu trailer are confused about the edited stages shown in said trailer lmfoa

Okay so, this is Encore Mode.

A game-wide edit of SRB2 that is styled after Mania's Encore Mode, made my me and @delf

srb20698.gif

This mod will come in two parts, the Encore Script (still in development), and the Encore Campaign (practically finished, barring a few tweaks and bugfixes).
srb20699.gif

The Encore Campaign will include
- Shuffled monitors and emerald tokens
- The Elemental Shields from S3&K
- Hard(er) Level Design
- Hard(er) Special Stages
- Alternative palettes for the main campaign
- Remixed Gimmicks for some of the campaign
- Some surprises here and there (there aren't a whole lot of them)
- SPSS6 & 7 are just straight up brutal now like i typically finish ss7 with at least 30 - 50 seconds on the clock, and the encore version is having me finish with less than 10 seconds on the clock every time i play it
srb20700.gif

The Encore Script will include
- Revamped lives system straight from Encore
- New monitors: Swap and Random
- Compatibility for not just one custom character, but as many as you can add
srb20702.gif

Coming soon-ish
(You may need to wait awhile, at least you'll have a new dame donny guy on the mb to tide you over)
srb20703.gif

srb20705.gif

srb20707.gif

Last edited:
Does that include vanilla characters? Or is that just for modded characters? Also, can we at least have a demo of what's included currently? Even the Mystic Realm Community Edition has a download for the latest beta version, v0.2.4. I honestly have faith in this level pack becoming great.
Late, but main PR person of MRCE alongside Xian.exe and Othius here:
MRCE has demos because it's a very different type of level pack by design. It's a community effort to remake a well-known level pack that is open-source. Of course it has demos.

This, meanwhile, is a one-person project that is almost finished that is closed-source. The comparison to MRCE seems valid at first, but fails when you look further.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back