Cosmic Metal Sonic (Cosmetal)

Cosmic Metal Sonic (Cosmetal) v2.1.1

Set your firenormal to something else, as Cosmetal's menu uses firenormal when you aren't in ringslinger.

I think the mario mod overwrites on Cosmetal aswell. Wish we could keybind to more things or have a command to change em.

It's been a while since I got back to CMS and all the new stuff looks so nice, but...
This might not be quite as important but did CMS lose his laser shot somewhere along the way or is it just me?
I've been pressing and holding both the jump button, which now leads to charging the boost thanks to the charge button switch, and the spin button... which did exactly the same thing but without the dashmode flashing... And yes, I tried switching off the charge button switch - the result is the same, only the buttons have changed.

Attachments

• Boost.gif
    Boost.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
  • BoostAgain.gif
    BoostAgain.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 41
  • BoostYetAgain.gif
    BoostYetAgain.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 134
Oh, guess I forgot something when adding the charge button switch. Gonna fix asap.

Is the "Blackhole" color supposed to come with the mod? Its not available and it messes up the color changing in the menu:

Attachments

• cosmetalcolor1.png
    cosmetalcolor1.png
    291.9 KB · Views: 62
  • cosmetalcolor2.png
    cosmetalcolor2.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 66
Is there some way to change button bindings with this mod? As Schara said, when the right joystick (xbox one right stick in my case,) is pushed to the right, it triggers some sort of menu. The right joystick is essential to camera control, ig you never had controller players in mind when you made this, because you kind of screwed us over.

Is there some way to change button bindings with this mod? As Schara said, when the right joystick (xbox one right stick in my case,) is pushed to the right, it triggers some sort of menu. The right joystick is essential to camera control, ig you never had controller players in mind when you made this, because you kind of screwed us over.
If I remember correctly, somewhere in the controller settings there is something called "Fire Axis" and you have to change that to "none"

CosmicPikachu updated Cosmic Metal Sonic (Cosmetal) with a new update entry:

v2.1 - The Bomb Dive update and 1 year of Cosmetal

Cosmetal's been on the MB for just over a year now, and the Bomb Dive Update is here!

Cosmetal now has a bomb dive, inspired by Soap The Hedge's bomb dive move. To use it, press spin while hovering to get a tiny vertical boost and then slam into the floor to fire laser shots, and if you are Super or Hyper, you get an upgraded bomb dive.

Most of Cosmetal's afterimage effects (such as dashmode) have been replaced with Genesis-styled ones. If you don't like them, you can switch them back to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I expected it to be a "power spring" interaction, but...
Well, at least it's funny.

EDIT: I was also expecting Bomb Dive to be a floorbreaker, but it isn't. Oh well..

Attachments

• DiveDiveDiveDiveDive.gif
    DiveDiveDiveDiveDive.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
Using Bomb Dive to dash into the goop makes you stuck.

If I were to assume why does it happen, I'd say it's because Bomb Dive requires you to touch the ground before you can bounce but the goop prevents you from touching the ground.

Attachments

• ImStuck.gif
    ImStuck.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
1689908496436.png

It gave me this error when loading it in? Dunno why. I had nothing else loaded. Also I tested this in my server and I think it still causes resyncs but I gotta run it again some more to make sure.
Post automatically merged:

1689910482603.png

Also this popped up when i hosted coop by myself, as soon as I jumped it would crash and give me this error.

Last edited:
Couple of errors CosMetal throws at me consistently. Grabbing them from the log .txt since the console fills up real fast.

CosMetal loads with this error immediately. Get the warning pop-up in-game and all that.
1689968779371.png

This happens the first time I jump and boost in any stage.
1689968854030.png

Neither one of these seems to actually impact gameplay or crash or anything, if it weren't for the console message I wouldn't even know they're happening, but I figure you may want to check it regardless.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back