Contest Discussion

Krabs

he/him
Contest Winner🏆
srb20270.gif

edit: whoops

Last edited:
Music

I know the rules say that your custom music file size can't exceed 3 MB, but the song I want to use is 3.1 MB. Can I still use it as it is only 0.1 MB over the limit, or do I need to find another song?

D00D64

Probably Responsible
Kart Krew™️
Judge
I bet with some proper compression, you can shave it below that. If you can't do that... well, we have that limit for a reason. You gotta keep within the rule, no extra inches given.

Compression?

I bet with some proper compression, you can shave it below that. If you can't do that... well, we have that limit for a reason. You gotta keep within the rule, no extra inches given.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, I just checked the file to see the exact size and it was 3.07 MB, so I guess I could compress it, however, do you know how? I'll look into that and try myself, but if you know how, please let me know :)

I bet with some proper compression, you can shave it below that. If you can't do that... well, we have that limit for a reason. You gotta keep within the rule, no extra inches given.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info, I just checked the file to see the exact size and it was 3.07 MB, so I guess I could compress it, however, do you know how? I'll look into that and try myself, but if you know how, please let me know :)

I’m using this application called Audacity that lets you create and edit music, so I’m gonna use that to shrink the file size, as well as loop the song.

Kwiin

[A person in a place]
Contest Winner🏆
Both .WAD and .PK3 are acceptable. I see no reason as to why they wouldn't lol.

Cool. One more thing though: I’m using zonebuilder to make the level, and there was a level breaking bug while I was making it. Thankfully, ZoneBuilder makes a backup of the wad every time you save it. So, the file that I’m using is actually a backup. Instead of just having the file name “.wad”, the file name is “.wad.backup2”. I put it in Slade to see if it opens just like a normal wad and it did, so I’m assuming I’ll be able to submit that as my entry. If someone knows that I can’t, please let me know.

Zipper

Killda
Judge
You can simply remove the "backup2" part from the name. Though even if you don't, it should be fine.

Thanks for the info, I will have to rename it anyways though because of the submission guidelines (I need to change it to the correct format for mod names).

Another thing: How do I post images (screenshots of my level) and the download link for my wad? I clicked the “insert image“ icon, but it asks for the URL of my images, but they’re on my computer. I also don’t see a way to upload my level.

Zipper

Killda
Judge
You should get a "Manage Attachments" button when you first make a thread. That's where everything is uploaded.

StarrySunset

In need of coder/3D Animator
P R E S S G A R D E N

All jokes aside, It REALLY sucks that there is no version of Zone Builder for Linux. (And Mac but I don't how how that is going)

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)