Classic-inspired Spindash

Classic-inspired Spindash v1

Snu

YEAAHHHHHHHHH
Snu submitted a new resource:

Classic-inspired Spindash - Mash to charge up your spindash!

This mod changes how spindash charging functions to be more akin to the classic games.
Instead of charging up automatically over time you have to manually charge the spindash by mashing jump, the pitch even changes depending on how charged up the spindash is! The spindash will periodically decrease its revving power when you're not mashing, though.

Alongside mashing jump, I've also included the option of mashing forward (any direction when using Automatic) to charge it in tandem with jump...

Read more about this resource...

As cool as this is; It's kinda of a problem on certain levels that require you to jump out of a spin dash...And sometimes it leads to your death.

…But why though? Mashing to spindash works fine in 2D games, where the command involves both a joystick input and a button press, and the spindash can be set off by releasing the joystick. But in 3D games, including Sonic Robo Blast 2, where the spindash simply has its own button… yeah, holding to charge works better.
Post automatically merged:

As cool as this is; It's kinda of a problem on certain levels that require you to jump out of a spin dash...And sometimes it leads to your death.
Yeah, like this guy said.

It's an excellent mod, but it would be nice if it left the spin be the forward/up button, this would leave the jump button free so you could cancel the spindash
Like I said, using a joystick and button together to spindash works better in 2D…

…But why though? Mashing to spindash works fine in 2D games, where the command involves both a joystick input and a button press, and the spindash can be set off by releasing the joystick. But in 3D games, including Sonic Robo Blast 2, where the spindash simply has its own button… yeah, holding to charge works better.

Yeah, like this guy said.

Like I said, using a joystick and button together to spindash works better in 2D…
it works good in 3d too

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back