ChronoShift Track Pack

ChronoShift Track Pack 4

Diggle

peck!
Judge
Diggle submitted a new resource:

ChronoShift Track Pack - A collaborative pack of kart maps!

ChronoShift is a collaborative pack of SRB2Kart tracks, built by the ChronoShift team. The team consists of Diggle, Mr. Logan, JugadorXEI, and Cotomili. Currently, there are 6 tracks included, with hopefully more on the way! We hope you enjoy.

View attachment 94530
View attachment 94544
View attachment 94545
View attachment 94534
View attachment 94542
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Diggle updated ChronoShift Track Pack with a new update entry:

ChronoShift Track Pack v1.1

tl;dr - Performance for ChronoShift should be better now, especially with slipstream. There might still be performance drops when playing with a large number of people. Also, gnomes received some improvement.

- Hero Race -
Layout - Added an invisible wall to prevent people with high-speed mods from flying to unintended locations.

- Gnome Forest -
Lua - Fixed hats getting ahead of players in specific circumstances.
Lua - Hats will now drop if the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ChronoShift Track Pack v1.2

- Grub Pit -
Layout - After the first teleport, an alternate recovery method was implemented for players that fall off the sides of the slope. Now, players will teleport back onto the track after a short delay.

- ChronoShift Zone -
Lua - Optimization pass, Time Traveling should work better with larger groups of players.
Lua - Fixed targetless homing items, such as the SPB and Jawz, throwing a warning (such as SPB Attack's SPBs).
Lua - Potentially...

If there's anything I have to say about the pack, Gnome Forest has a few readability issues because the sides of the track, from a distance, look to be part of the road, and vice versa.
kart0007.png

I'd also suggest making ChronoShift two laps, since with Hard speed and various speedup mods my total time went over three minutes (with each map needing at least one minute of driving time)

Otherwise this is a pretty strong pack of tracks from what I've played of it so far.

I really love this pack, great work on the levels!!

Only one thing. While playing, I discovered a slight oversight on the Pandaemonium map:
kart0001.png

In this location, you can fall off the ledge and get trapped in this little pit. There's no kill plane, so you're just stuck there for the entire race.

ChronoShift Track Pack v2 (feat. Pengo Ice Pass!)

View attachment 101074

- Overall -
New map - Pengo Ice Pass, made by cotomili.
Lua - XItemLib is now disabled outside of ChronoShift, as this was causing an enormous amount of conflicts outside of it to handle.
  • For servers that have XItemLib as part of their regular addon lineup, XItem can be always kept on using the following command: chronoshift_xitem_alwayson On.

- ChronoShift -
Lua -...

ChronoShift Track Pack v2.0.1 (feat. ???)

- Overall -
New hell map - ???, by the ChronoShift Team (Slot: MAPXH)
Lua - If xItemLib is loaded before ChronoShift Track Pack, then it will keep xItemLib enabled, instead of having to enable it manually through chronoshift_xitem_alwayson On.

- ChronoShift -
Layout - New encore palette!
Time Attack - New staff ghost for ChronoShift Zone. Can you beat it? (By BigO, thanks!)
Lua - Updated XItemLib to...

ChronoShift Track Pack v3.0 - May heaven grant you fortune.

View attachment 107602

- Overall -
New map - Tower of Heaven, by the ChronoShift team.

- ChronoShift -
Misc - Juggy's Time Travel lua is now licensed under GPL-2. As such, it is clearly separated in the pk3 files. This only applies to the code files for Time Travel, and not the other resources (such as HUD elements and sounds) associated with it.

teamicons-png.101073

ChronoShift Track Pack v3.0.2

- Tower of Heaven -
Lua - Fixed net syncing issues for latejoiners when rules came into effect.
Lua - Fixed splitscreen support not working.
Lua - Throwing forward/backward rules no longer appear in Free Play/singleplayer.
Lua - Fixed the offroad rule description being mislabeled. (Fixed in 3.0.1)
Lua - Added interoperability support for initialising rules and allowing custom God messages at any time...

I'm quite liking the God effects in the Tower of Heaven track for how they can shake up races and challenge players in new and interesting ways, though I wonder if an option could be added to disable the god effects incase a server wants to run normal races without God interfering after the first lap.

Hi CS Team, Amazing work! Not leaving a review yet, but I did want to leave some feedback for Tower of Heaven. Some of my buddies had a complaint where some players would get smited for a rule that is yet to be displayed (i.e. drifting right/left, right just as they start a new lap). If I had to make a suggestion, either make the rule immediately visible, or add some delay for when it is actually enforced so as to be fair.. Otherwise it's quite an inspiring map, and pushes the limits on what this game could do. Well done!

Hi CS Team, Amazing work! Not leaving a review yet, but I did want to leave some feedback for Tower of Heaven. Some of my buddies had a complaint where some players would get smited for a rule that is yet to be displayed (i.e. drifting right/left, right just as they start a new lap). If I had to make a suggestion, either make the rule immediately visible, or add some delay for when it is actually enforced so as to be fair.. Otherwise it's quite an inspiring map, and pushes the limits on what this game could do. Well done!
Hey. There's already supposed to be a 2.33 second delay between the rule displaying and the rule taking effect, are you sure they did not get smote by failing a different rule? In addition, it should be noted that all previous rules apply when a new rule is declared, which sometimes can trip people up. Otherwise, if you have replays so I can verify what's happening, I'd love to see them, as it may be a different bug. Thanks for your report.

Hey. There's already supposed to be a 2.33 second delay between the rule displaying and the rule taking effect, are you sure they did not get smote by failing a different rule? In addition, it should be noted that all previous rules apply when a new rule is declared, which sometimes can trip people up. Otherwise, if you have replays so I can verify what's happening, I'd love to see them, as it may be a different bug. Thanks for your report.
Got a chance to look at the replay. Will send offline. I withdraw my original complaint 😎👍

I noticed the Time Travel scripts in Chronoshift break being able to get items if xitemsmugglerbonus is set to On, which endlessly spins the item roulette when collecting an item and prints the following error message repeatedly:
Lua:
WARNING: ...3|Lua/Time Travel/1_Gameplay/1_Main/itemroulette.lua:115: attempt to call global 'smuggleDetection' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    ...3|Lua/Time Travel/1_Gameplay/1_Main/itemroulette.lua:115: in function 'findUseOdds'
    ..._v3.0.2.pk3|Lua/Time Travel/0_Main/xItemLib_v112.lua:2284: in function 'hudMain'
    ..._v3.0.2.pk3|Lua/Time Travel/0_Main/xItemLib_v112.lua:2756: in function <..._v3.0.2.pk3|Lua/Time Travel/0_Main/xItemLib_v112.lua:2755>

ChronoShift Track Pack v3.0.3

- Overall -
  • Lua - Fixed Time Travel causing some performance issues if a large amount of objects are in the level, even outside of ChronoShift (thank you GenericHeroGuy in GitHub for the contribution!)
  • Lua - Fixed XItem's Smuggle Detection not working with Time Travel.
  • Lua - Tower of Heaven now has fixed rules when playing during Free Play, same as Record Attack.

ChronoShift Track Pack v3.0.3 - Goodbye, XItemLib

- ChronoShift Zone -
Lua - Removed XItemLib as a dependency for ChronoShift's Time Travel mechanic - a base-game fix is applied for item odds instead.
-- Compatibility with XItemLib is still provided.
-- XItemLib compatibility scripts have been removed as they are now unneeded, but they can be found in XItemLib's GitHub separately if needed be.
Lua - Fixed echo hitboxes being infinitely small.
Lua - Fixed Jawz targeting being inconsistent and imprecise when...

ChronoShift Track Pack v4 - the beach episode

View attachment 114700

- Overall -
New map - Crust Cove
Special thanks to @Udgey for the rainbow boost ring graphics on Crust Cove, and @ThatGuyKel for the new winton sprites on Gnome Forest and Crust Cove!

- Gnome Forest -
Misc - Music no longer randomizes and is replaced with John Tay's remix of Gnome Forest.
Misc - Winton is looking a little different...

- ChronoShift -
Lua -...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back