Character suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriorguez

Err, how about make Super Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles?
They can be characters with max in everything. In other words: The fastest, the best accelerators and easy to control.

:\

Supersonic: Yes, try getting all the emeralds or PM Spazzo for the supersonic.wad THAT WILL ONLY WORK SINGLEPLAYER IN 1.08

Super Tails: I'm sorry, but at srb2 forums, people don't like it when you ask for them. You only get past if you're German... XD (critics: W.A.)

SuperKnuckles: They haven't even finished Knuckles yet!!

If you want to have super chars., go ask hotdog for his "Char-O-Matic Guide."

XD

Super Sonic: In the game. Beat the special stages, lazy bum.

Super Tails/Knuckles: Not going to happen. We don't need lazy palette swaps, thanks. Super Sonic is the only one that's actually neat enough to have his own sprite =P

FoxBlitzz said:
The classic games used lazy palette swaps.
That's what I mean. Not EVERYTHING from the classic games was good. Carnival Night 2 is a perfectly good example. Stupid barrel.

Super Tails/Super Knuckles were really kinda lame, and not at all interesting enough of a character design to add into SRB2. It's one of the things I do think SEGA did right after 1994. Ditching the other character's super forms meant that they could concentrate on the one who actually had some thought put into his design, Super Sonic.

Mystic said:
Carnival Night 2 is a perfectly good example. Stupid barrel.

Don't tell me. You were one of those poor souls who jumped constantly. My brothers always did that-one person would use Tails and jump, and Sonic would sit there spinning until enough space arrived.

Of course, me being the leet gamer I am, managed to do it with Tails alone (Harder than taking on the MGZ2 boss alone :/)

Eriorguez said:
Err, how about make Super Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles?
They can be characters with max in everything. In other words: The fastest, the best accelerators and easy to control.
Even with the best accelration, they a not easy to control.
I've tryed that before, Mycrappiest character ever(max accel, max speed)+small platform floating above bottomless pit=one dead-hog.

In a way the super sonic was a near pallette change, in CNZ the blue ballons flashed along with hyper/super sonic, but, he is the least lazy creation of supers, even super shadow was just a pallette change. If you want super tails/knuckles justsave there sprites, change the stats and change the prefcolor to gold or something, thats the closest to them you'll ever get, and no: no-one will do it for you, maybe...

[offtopic]...Damn keyboard....[/offtopic]

supershadow2 said:
No, Hold Up and Down arrows.
It took me SEVERAL years to finally check the internet and find out that's how you do it.
That was the dumbest thing in that game EVER. <_<

Shuffle said:
supershadow2 said:
No, Hold Up and Down arrows.
It took me SEVERAL years to finally check the internet and find out that's how you do it.
That was the dumbest thing in that game EVER. <_<
I figured that out for myself. Though before that I would just hold down, let go, then jump XD

Sonicandtails218 said:
Don't tell me. You were one of those poor souls who jumped constantly. My brothers always did that-one person would use Tails and jump, and Sonic would sit there spinning until enough space arrived.

Of course, me being the leet gamer I am, managed to do it with Tails alone (Harder than taking on the MGZ2 boss alone :/)
I actually SUCCEEDED at jumping through, I'll note. Worst...idea...ever...

I was told how to do it by a person in school, if I recall. It was just stupid not cluing the player in that you could use the arrows.

I didn't figure out that barrel before, but come on, I was eight when I tried. Actually, I thought MGZ had an easy boss, since my first try was with Tails.

hehe, i remember a while back CZ64 convinced a ton of n00bs well, mabye me too that super tails is unlockable if you get all the emeralds, 50 rings, have unlocked everything, and you jump of Red XVI's house, and then run and fly into the ring of rings (no pun intended) and whammo, Super tails.
Heck, he made a totally awesome mock-up screenie :P

Spazzo said:
hehe, i remember a while back CZ64 convinced a ton of n00bs well, mabye me too that super tails is unlockable if you get all the emeralds, 50 rings, have unlocked everything, and you jump of Red XVI's house, and then run and fly into the ring of rings (no pun intended) and whammo, Super tails.
Heck, he made a totally awesome mock-up screenie :P
That's really not a half bad idea, I still haven't figured out WHY that ring is even there. You can't reach it unless you're Tails.. and even then, it's not worth it.
Future NiGHTS GFZ? :P

Shuffle said:
That's really not a half bad idea, I still haven't figured out WHY that ring is even there. You can't reach it unless you're Tails.. and even then, it's not worth it.
Actually, with an Attraction Shield you can do wonders... go Super with Sonic and... er, glide with Knux. You can also get them without the shield, but it makes the job a LOT easier.

Shuffle said:
I still haven't figured out WHY that ring is even there.
It's there to test putiing rings in the air, just like the set of rings near the beginning, across from the shortcut tunnel. Oh, and while we're on the subject of level design, Mystic, you said that you put in the emblems without adding stuff, right? Well, why were the out-of-the-way areas for, then? Like Tails' area in GFZ1, or his emblem in THZ2.

Use quotes around the person you are quoting.
Code:
[quote="Shuffle"]I still haven't figured out WHY that ring is even there.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back