• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(Character) Sonic Adventure in SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling like you're being dogpiled is understandable, but refrain from the all caps outbursts at people, okay?
I hate how smug you were acting about it as if you 100% KNEW that it was made without permission. (which is moot anyway since the sprites were made from scratch) Stop trying to seem like you're some master at deciding what's fake and what isn't. Because you are not.
Ok ok, one question, ARE THE GUYS HERE TO CRITICIZE ME OR GIVE ME FUCKING OPINIONS? IF YOU KEEP CRITICIZING, AT LEAST BE CONSIDERED! HERE IS NOT YOUR POST! AND YOUR MOTHER DID NOT GIVE YOU AN EDUCATION?
Post automatically merged:

I don't usually jump on the bandwagon, but as the one who put effort into helping BlueBlur (SolarStellar) with this sprite in particular, I'm gonna have to ask you to fuck off. Every sprite is being made from scratch, as opposed to "your" sprites, which still belong to Chrispy due to the nature of them being edits. You may think you're in the clear for editing reusable sprites, but in reality, editing the sprites doesn't make them yours. So don't you go trying to high road a titan in the community like Blur here, as if you're so special! How about YOU try spriting that pose from scratch, and then we'll talk? Oh by the way, no, your css doesn't count, it's clearly traced. Tracing from official art is technically okay, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not made from scratch.
LOOK IT UP, I'M GOING TO HELL AND ASK THE DEVIL WHAT HE THINK OF IT, REALLY UNNECESSARY AND I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS MADE FROM ZERO! THEN I'M SORRY AND REMOVE WHAT BADLY SAID.

Haha I love this. CLEARLY I'm not taking Modern Sonic's sprites. And even if I did I'd ask for permission, funny enough I'm close with MotdSpork so seeing this makes me laugh. Why don't you go do your research before you jump to conclusions. OR even compare them.
And Solar, want a tip? Don't make Sonic's eyes green, because when you choose your preferred color, the eye will be the same color as the skin, ok? I recommend you use Gray and Black for your eyes.

Last edited:
"You need to pay attention to the history of the character more" is needlessly barbed, be kind. You could have just made the correction and been done with it!
And Solar, want a tip? Don't make Sonic's eyes green, because when you choose your preferred color, the eye will be the same color as the skin, ok? I recommend you use Gray and Black for your eyes.
In the dreamcast era Sonic's eyes switched from black to green. You need to pay attention to the history of the character more

Edit: Oh sorry, I guess I took it a little too seriously

Last edited:
But, friend, if you put your green eyes on sonic, it gets the same skin color you prefer. Understood? And those outbursts don't include you or Solar but the arrogant ones.
In the dreamcast era Sonic's eyes switched from black to green. You need to pay attention to the history of the character more

you can simply choose other color to make the skin color-changeable, bruh
What? Can you explain this to me?

look, 2 types of green
Solar can use one green to the skin, and the other to the eyes

Attachments

• pallete.png
    pallete.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 132
You're one to talk about stealing, too. I found this image on know your meme, and from it I can see that you literally just downscaled this image and called it "character-select-png.png" Don't go accusing people of stealing if you're gonna steal for yourself!
1622673536700.png

Okay wait wait hold the fuck up LOL
is that...... Adventure art edited to have pillowshading? That's hilarious.

Aham, sorry Solar. I dont judge you. AND THE REST OF THE PEOPLE, DID YOU KNOW? I ASKED EXCUSE AND I HAD NOT EVEN CURSED ANYONE! ALREADY YOU, BAND OF IGNORANTS, SHOULD TALK TO PEOPLE RIGHT, WAIT. MAY KEEP CURSING ME, GO. I DON'T CALLING IF swear words come, BUT IF YOU CALL ME WITH SOMETHING THAT OFFENDS ME, YOU CAN BET MY FRIENDS THAT YOU'LL MEET THE DEVIL IN A PERSON...

There are some that are outdated and not reusable, so there's no way you can say that you already have 3.
Aight dude this all caps is pretty unprofessional. You need to cool it.

Using Chrispy’s sprites as a base should be relatively okay as long as you edit them significantly enough to be your own thing (imo, not everyone may agree with that but at some point its derivative enough that who cares), but right now that doesn’t seem to be whats happening... especially since these seem to be *OLD* sprites they did years ago and they’ve since sone a lot better work later. You sure there isn’t a better source you could pull from? Heh.

On the whole the only thing “adventure” feeling about this so far is your pillow shaded boxart image for what I assume is his CSS art. Adventure sonic is kind of.... specific; MetalWario’s taking an SA2 model styled approach which is (still, somehow) the closest thing to Uekawa’s art in 3D, while SolarStellar’s sticking as close to the SA1 Dreamcast / Sonic Shuffle model as possible, one that’s VERY different compared to every other model in the series.

If anything, YOU should be referencing the Modern Sonic sprites since they’re closer to SRB2’s style (sort of) than what you have working with here, and if you can, try seeing if you can make it stand out from the crowd. There anything you can think of that other attempts arent doing? Why not try emulating Uwekawas shading? That’d be interesting!

Just gonna step in here and say this to everyone in the thread here:

Even if someone is clearly mistaken about something, that doesn't mean they need to be dogpiled about it. Two or three people correcting someone is one thing, but when there's NINE posts telling someone "dude, you're wrong" that's completely unnecessary and sort of aggressive -- that will escalate things, more likelier than not.

At least give them a chance to respond and acknowledge before you beat something into someone's skull. :worry: Remember, if something's already been said, you're not really adding anything to the thread by posting the same thing again your words. You can always like other people's posts if you want to show support or such.

Aight dude this all caps is pretty unprofessional. You need to cool it.

Using Chrispy’s sprites as a base should be relatively okay as long as you edit them significantly enough to be your own thing (imo, not everyone may agree with that but at some point its derivative enough that who cares), but right now that doesn’t seem to be whats happening... especially since these seem to be *OLD* sprites they did years ago and they’ve since sone a lot better work later. You sure there isn’t a better source you could pull from? Heh.

On the whole the only thing “adventure” feeling about this so far is your pillow shaded boxart image for what I assume is his CSS art. Adventure sonic is kind of.... specific; MetalWario’s taking an SA2 model styled approach which is (still, somehow) the closest thing to Uekawa’s art in 3D, while SolarStellar’s sticking as close to the SA1 Dreamcast / Sonic Shuffle model as possible, one that’s VERY different compared to every other model in the series.

If anything, YOU should be referencing the Modern Sonic sprites since they’re closer to SRB2’s style (sort of) than what you have working with here, and if you can, try seeing if you can make it stand out from the crowd. There anything you can think of that other attempts arent doing? Why not try emulating Uwekawas shading? That’d be interesting!
Shading? Oh yes! I was talking to SolarStellar, I apologized and by the way, I even asked for advice too, it will help me on this journey.

uh yea. Probabbly i shouldn't join to this little fight or whatever it is but this is very disappointing for me. generally i dont like those kind of fights cuz im a little shy with strangers.
anyways, good luck on this. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back