Resource icon

[Open Assets] Character Dub API 2.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

indev

:3
indev submitted a new resource:

Character Dub API - Smol lua that allows characters to have multiple dubs

Ever wanted to add multiple character voiceline variations without creating two separate skins? This addon allows to do so! You don't even need to modify character's wad/pk3 (which may not even be an option if character is not reusable).
View attachment 81075View attachment 81075

Here are two variants of how to add dub to a character:
If you want to add dub for existing character you'll need to create wad/pk3 with sound files, and...

Read more about this resource...

indev updated Character Dub API with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

• If you using a lot of power items in short period of time, gloat line will not restart (though that won't usually happen without kartdebugitem and kartdebugamount, but i decided to fix that, just in case)
  • Now addon will leave a warning if older version of it detected
  • Return KL_CaveStoryDubs.pk3 example addon back because when i posted 1.1 update i forgot to attach it 🥴

Read the rest of this update entry...

Multiple sound entries

• There can be multiple sound replacements specified for single skin sound. For that, instead of one string with sound name there can be array of such strings. Example: {"sfx_mydub1", "sfx_mydub2", "sfx_mydub3"}
  • Skin name automatically gets converted to lower case when registering dub
  • Fix few cases when one player's skin sounds get replaced by other player's selected dub

Logic rework

• Logic has been totally reworked, now instead of replacing sounds dub makes kart not use any default voices at all and handles that itself. So, dub_soundoffhack is not needed anymore
  • Add DUB_XRegisterDub, which is new extra way for adding dub that allows custom entries such as: spb - line played when chased by spb, steal - line played when stealing item, and stole - plays when your item get stolen (see adding dub spoiler)

This is a literal godsend. Thanks so much for making this! I was looking to add extra sounds into my characters haha.

Any possibility of an update that adds in a voice line for finishing in a winning place that isn't first? That would be super awesome!

This is a literal godsend. Thanks so much for making this! I was looking to add extra sounds into my characters haha.

Any possibility of an update that adds in a voice line for finishing in a winning place that isn't first? That would be super awesome!
Yes that's good idea, would add that in next update (if i will not forget 💀). I will update it soon (i will also need to downgrade current algorithm cuz after actual playtest it didn't work well)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back